STrib: Gophers Kill concerned with injured Leidner's movement

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Gophers quarterback Mitch Leidner hasn’t moved as well in practice this week, coach Jerry Kill acknowledged Wednesday, making it sound doubtful that Leidner will play Saturday against San Jose State.

Leidner sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee Sept. 6 and then suffered a turf toe injury last Saturday at TCU.

“He’s moving around but not as well as we’d like him to right now,” Kill said. “He is moving around, but I’m not going to sit here and lie to you, I never have. He’s not moving around as good as he was early in the week last year.”

If Leidner isn’t ready, the Gophers would turn to redshirt freshman Chris Streveler. The No. 3 quarterback is Jacques Perra, a walk-on from Roseville.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/275534471.html

Go Gophers!!

Kill puts out what he wants and when he wants to as well as any coach around.

The Boston Streveler better be ready to get a grip.

He is going to sneaking down lanes and putting his skill through small windows.

Kill said he won't let a player out there unless he is 100%. Mitch had a knee brace on and didn't look 100 % against TCU. He had Cobb out there with a dinged up ankle, and two OL not a 100%. Who is zooming who Jerry?

Kill said he won't let a player out there unless he is 100%. Mitch had a knee brace on and didn't look 100 % against TCU. He had Cobb out there with a dinged up ankle, and two OL not a 100%. Who is zooming who Jerry?

In this case I think it might have been bad word choice by Kill. Once the season starts in football almost no one on the roster is 100%. The better term that he used was "full go". If you can still go at or close to full speed then you play, if your injuries are visibly slowing you down you don't.

In this case I think it might have been bad word choice by Kill. Once the season starts in football almost no one on the roster is 100%. The better term that he used was "full go". If you can still go at or close to full speed then you play, if your injuries are visibly slowing you down you don't.

I agree. I think it was a poor choice of words or how he phrased it.

he is quick, not lightning quick. Lightning quick are the guys Oregon get at QB.

Only partially true. Oregon gets the lightning quick guys who are true dual threat QBs meaning they are also solid passers. Streveler is lightning quick but from the sound of things lacks the passing aspect.

Only partially true. Oregon gets the lightning quick guys who are true dual threat QBs meaning they are also solid passers. Streveler is lightning quick but from the sound of things lacks the passing aspect.

CS5 has a 75% completion percentage through 3 games. His TD/INT ratio is at infinity. What more do you want?

I wouldn't call Oregon's QB (Mariotta) a solid passer. He has no chance of playing QB at the pro level. Will be moved to WR if he can handle it. Certainly has "grease lightning" as Mickey would say, but not going to consistently hurt anyone in the air.

I wouldn't call Oregon's QB (Mariotta) a solid passer. He has no chance of playing QB at the pro level. Will be moved to WR if he can handle it. Certainly has "grease lightning" as Mickey would say, but not going to consistently hurt anyone in the air.

Seriously? Mariota is ESPN's #1 rated prospect right now, as a QB. He's a really good passer.

Seriously? Mariota is ESPN's #1 rated prospect right now, as a QB. He's a really good passer.

Not when I've watched him, but maybe I'm just wrong. He didn't look good passing against Michigan St this year or any of the Stanford games I've watched. Other then that, I avoid Oregon.

What I heard today

Here's what I know: I listened to a Mel Kiper clip on Winston having his 6th "issue" in college, dropping him from 1 to 3 to 25 on the draft board. And with the next issue he'll be off Mel's board.
Within that he said Mariotta is the #1 overall pick in the draft if you need a quarterback.

I have barely seen Mariotta play but did watch some of the MSU game too. I'm not as harsh as sparlimb on his future but it certainly didn't jump out at me that he was a sure fire NFL quarterback. Obviously an excellent college quarterback but the games are different. I know this, Oregon and Michigan State played better than we are right now. Ha by a very big margin...

Here's what I know: I listened to a Mel Kiper clip on Winston having his 6th "issue" in college, dropping him from 1 to 3 to 25 on the draft board. And with the next issue he'll be off Mel's board.
Within that he said Mariotta is the #1 overall pick in the draft if you need a quarterback.

I have barely seen Mariotta play but did watch some of the MSU game too. I'm not as harsh as sparlimb on his future but it certainly didn't jump out at me that he was a sure fire NFL quarterback. Obviously an excellent college quarterback but the games are different. I know this, Oregon and Michigan State played better than we are right now. Ha by a very big margin...

RGIII was a much better passer in college and he can barely stay healthy. Mariotta is a twig who looks like he could be broken in half. If those are the draft projections, then great. I'd avoid him like the plague. Luckily the Queens won't be looking for a QB this time around, so no worries.

And do not let my projection of him in the league change the fact that we'd be a BCS Team with possibly final four credentials with him as our QB this year.

Solid, not elite. Through the air he is efficient enough that the defense has to at least respect that he may pass.

Why are we talking about the oregon QB? who the F cares? I want to know whether ML or CS starts for us saturday!!!!

For the record the guy who said Mariotta has no chance of playing at the next level should never be taken seriously in his life again. NEVER

Why are we talking about the oregon QB? who the F cares? I want to know whether ML or CS starts for us saturday!!!!

For the record the guy who said Mariotta has no chance of playing at the next level should never be taken seriously in his life again. NEVER

First you'd have to have read and understand what was written. Once you've accomplished that, then you can discount my opinion.

First you'd have to have read and understand what was written. Once you've accomplished that, then you can discount my opinion.

ooooh because I forgot to add the QB part of your statement? Ha. Seriously you are defending your statement... even worse. The guy is (at least right now) the #1 over all pick. And people aren't looking at drafting him #1 as a WR. From your statement its obvious you know nothing about football.

Not when I've watched him, but maybe I'm just wrong. He didn't look good passing against Michigan St this year or any of the Stanford games I've watched. Other then that, I avoid Oregon.

Yes you are...

He hit 61% of his passes and threw 3 touchdowns (zero interceptions) against Mich st which is the best defense he will see this whole year. Last year he hit 64% of his passes and threw for 31 TDs and only 4 interceptions. 2012 he hit 69% 32 and 6. This year he is sitting at 70% 8 and 0.

What? Your exact quote was... "I wouldn't call Oregon's QB (Mariotta) a solid passer. He has no chance of playing QB at the pro level."

What exactly does one need to find "hidden" in this ridiculous statement before we can discount your opinion?

I'm thinking I probably won't be subscribing to your 2015 NFL Mock Draft.

What? Your exact quote was... "I wouldn't call Oregon's QB (Mariotta) a solid passer. He has no chance of playing QB at the pro level."

What exactly does one need to find "hidden" in this ridiculous statement before we can discount your opinion?

We'll see. Get back to me next year on Mariotta.

Leidner was Kill's change of pace QB. probably never was Kill's original idea that Mitcheroo would be a full game starter. platooning qbs works unless your 1a thinks he should be the 1....then you get a crabby nelson.

Top Bottom