Hire Kevin Wilson as OC (just an idea)

gophers141

Reaction score
Wilson is already on the hot seat this year and with the recent loss to Bowling Green 45-42 it would appear Indiana will struggle again on the defensive side of the ball and could result in another season where the Hoosiers don't go bowling. There is a strong possibility that Wilson will be let go considering his overall record over his tenure there and his inability to assemble anything that looks like a defense.

If Wilson does get the boot and we continue to struggle on offense I think he would be a great pick up! He has built a high powered offense at a basketball school with inferior athletes and developed a scheme for his kids to be successful moving the football.

Food for thought.

Wilson is already on the hot seat this year and with the recent loss to Bowling Green 45-42 it would appear Indiana will struggle again on the defensive side of the ball and could result in another season where the Hoosiers don't go bowling. There is a strong possibility that Wilson will be let go considering his overall record over his tenure there and his inability to assemble anything that looks like a defense.

If Wilson does get the boot and we continue to struggle on offense I think he would be a great pick up! He has built a high powered offense at a basketball school with inferior athletes and developed a scheme for his kids to be successful moving the football.

Food for thought.

Boy, I'd give him another year if I was Indiana. I know they have epic fail losses every few games, but that's the best team Indiana has had in a very long time. And his recruiting hasn't been all that bad. They just need to pay 4 million a year and hire Claeys.

I don't disagree, but two things:

1.) Kill, for better or worse, isn't going to fire Limegrover.
2.) Bigger programs would probably come calling.

I don't disagree, but two things:

1.) Kill, for better or worse, isn't going to fire Limegrover.
2.) Bigger programs would probably come calling.

I'm pretty sure it is unlikely we make a change next year, but I do think the possibility is at least in place for Limegrover to concentrate on the offensive line only and to bring in a proven offensive mind at OC. Especially, if we don't somehow having an amazing transformation offensively. Kill is a team guy. He'll want to save 14 jobs vs all of them going down. Again, we are no where near that point...we have 9 games left and hopefully 10. Unlikely but a maybe?

Food for thought.

Wilson's a bad fit, personality and schemewise.
He'll be available this winter though, his team is built on the pass which has left his program in a feast or famine situation. He might survive if they can pull another big upset at some point, but compared to our situation year 4 with Kill there's no question which program is in a better place.

The better question is whether Patterson's conversion at TCU to an up tempo offense garners any thought from Kill if it succeeds.
FWIW TCU appears to be the total package, if for example they win the big12 this season I would think Kill might have to consider some changes, though Limegrover would still be involved.

Subjective, I know...but if I had my way my coaching staff would be..

Special football relations/asst HC: Jerry Kill
Head Coach: Glen Mason
Offensive Coordinator: Matt Limegrover
Defensive Coordinator/Asst HC: Tracy Claeys

I said it a once i'll say it a thousand times...the offensive woes aren't really
Limegrover's, are they? When Kill was absent or in the booth, we had an offense
that worked, was crafty, non-predictable and utilized our best players with
distinct plays, and we didn't even have very good offensive talent. Before and
after Kill's absence, we were impotent, predictable and very simple.

Writing is on the wall, no? I love Kill, I love his fire, passion and ability to lead
and get these kids to turn into men, but weak when he has a say about it.

Glen was a helluva coach, he didn't get us to prominence and pissed away some
big leads, but let's look at the fact. With minimal talent, had some of the best
offenses we ever had here. Had no home stadium, no facilities...nothing to
recruit to. Was given mere pennies in comparison to pay for assistants and
coordinators, including and especially our D-coord, resulting in some pretty bad
defenses. Glen had more to do with TCFBS being built than anyone. He still lives here.

I said it a once i'll say it a thousand times...the offensive woes aren't really

Writing is on the wall, no? I love Kill, I love his fire, passion and ability to lead

big leads, but let's look at the fact. With minimal talent, had some of the best
coordinators, including and especially our D-coord, resulting in some pretty bad
defenses. Glen had more to do with TCFBS being built than anyone. He still lives here.

You should be permabanned for this post.

Actually Gopher028 makes a good point. The Gophers seem to be a better team when Kill is in the booth. Minus another health episode, it won't happen but it is an interesting point.

There has to be room for Tim Brewster on that staff.

When Kill was in the booth he was still very much involved.

When Kill was in the booth he was still very much involved.

Yeah, one game. Sat out two, watched from the booth for one and put on a headset for another.
Facts are facts, we won and were more exciting when he wasn't hamstringing the offensive calls.

You guys are ridiculous "oh no! dont mention a former coach...ever!"
(during game) Kill is terrible, fire him, Limegrover can't coach, fire him!
(two days later) I have all the blind faith in all coaches because were
better now than we've ever been.

Sorry kiddies, this team isn't better than Glen Mason's average team.

Sorry I don't sip the kool-aid as you do....I just want to win, and look
good doing it.

Yeah, one game. Sat out two, watched from the booth for one and put on a headset for another.
Facts are facts, we won and were more exciting when he wasn't hamstringing the offensive calls.

good doing it.

So you're saying Kill is too stubborn to let Limegrover call the plays he was calling during those games even though it led to wins? Not buying it. The one game we were "crafty" was against Nebraska and that gimmicky misdirection won't work nearly as well after you put it on film. The other games during that streak we actually had a QB playing well. It has a lot more to do with player execution than it does the head coach not allowing his offensive coordinator to call a successful gameplan.

good doing it.

To be honest, this team is almost a mirror image of the 1999 team that beat Penn St. We are very similar on D, but equally as inept on offense. I doubt we'll equal the record though (seeing as we played TCU this year and 4 cupcakes in 1999)

good doing it.

Are you testing out a new comedy routine or are you auditioning for wren's role?

We'll never win with that offense. We can't recruit the players.

We can win some games by blocking, tackling, and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Our copy-cat model is not Indiana or Baylor. It's Wisconsin, and always has been.

We'll never win with that offense. We can't recruit the players.

We can win some games by blocking, tackling, and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Our copy-cat model is not Indiana or Baylor. It's Wisconsin, and always has been.

This. 100% agree

GH doesn't disappoint.

The Gophers lost a game to a very good TCU team more so than most people give them credit.

Boo birds are out in force. For goodness sake, give it a rest. We've got at least nine more games this season. The sky's not falling.

On another matter, wasn't PH9 recruited for the spread offense? Did the Gophers change their offensive philosophy?

GH doesn't disappoint.

The Gophers lost a game to a very good TCU team more so than most people give them credit.

Boo birds are out in force. For goodness sake, give it a rest. We've got at least nine more games this season. The sky's not falling.

On another matter, wasn't PH9 recruited for the spread offense? Did the Gophers change their offensive philosophy?

To say that we are this upset because we lost to TCU doesn't tell the whole story. If we lost a competitive, hard fought game to TCU on the road, I don't think the criticism would be near this loud. Instead, we got absolutely humiliated and looked totally unprepared against a team which is coming off of a 2-7 Big 12 record, and even if we accept the premise that they are better than their record (which the Big 12 season should show us this year), they were at bast a middle of the pack Big 12 team last year. This wasn't Oklahoma or Baylor.

To say that we are this upset because we lost to TCU doesn't tell the whole story. If we lost a competitive, hard fought game to TCU on the road, I don't think the criticism would be near this loud. Instead, we got absolutely humiliated and looked totally unprepared against a team which is coming off of a 2-7 Big 12 record, and even if we accept the premise that they are better than their record (which the Big 12 season should show us this year), they were at bast a middle of the pack Big 12 team last year. This wasn't Oklahoma or Baylor.

Yea, but you're forgetting they lost 4 close games they could have won.

They had two weeks to prepare for the Gophers and were healthy. The Gophers came in to play limping. We will not face a B1G team this season with the team speed that TCU has or their hurry up spread offense.

IMHO, even if the Gophers were healthy they would've still have lost albeit by a much better margin. The Gophers were totally unprepared.

I'd say let's judge the Gophers next year when they play TCU up here.

Phil Steele, who knows more about college football than anyone here and regularly puts out the most accurate preseason preview magazine in the business had TCU as his most improved team and #14 overall. Maybe he will end up being wrong about them, but his track record says otherwise.

When Kill was absent or in the booth, we had an offense

Unless I am wrong, Kill wasn't down on the field for the second half of Penn St, or against Wisconsin and Michigan St.

Unless I am wrong, Kill wasn't down on the field for the second half of Penn St, or against Wisconsin and Michigan St.

G-DAMNMIT!!!!!! Facts? You're resorting to FACTS!?!!

Bloody hell; that's just out of bounds around here...

Top Bottom