Hire Kevin Wilson as OC (just an idea)

Yeah, one game. Sat out two, watched from the booth for one and put on a headset for another.
Facts are facts, we won and were more exciting when he wasn't hamstringing the offensive calls.

Lies. Sat out MI...L. Was at jNW...W. Was involved with all other games fully. That means he was involved in 3 of the 4 during the win streak. Sorry to ruin your 'point' with facts.

Why are there so many strange/weird posts and posters on Gopherhole lately?

Subjective, I know...but if I had my way my coaching staff would be..

Special football relations/asst HC: Jerry Kill
Head Coach: Glen Mason
Offensive Coordinator: Matt Limegrover
Defensive Coordinator/Asst HC: Tracy Claeys

I said it a once i'll say it a thousand times...the offensive woes aren't really
Limegrover's, are they? When Kill was absent or in the booth, we had an offense
that worked, was crafty, non-predictable and utilized our best players with
distinct plays, and we didn't even have very good offensive talent. Before and
after Kill's absence, we were impotent, predictable and very simple.

Writing is on the wall, no? I love Kill, I love his fire, passion and ability to lead
and get these kids to turn into men, but weak when he has a say about it.

Glen was a helluva coach, he didn't get us to prominence and pissed away some
big leads, but let's look at the fact. With minimal talent, had some of the best
offenses we ever had here. Had no home stadium, no facilities...nothing to
recruit to. Was given mere pennies in comparison to pay for assistants and
coordinators, including and especially our D-coord, resulting in some pretty bad
defenses. Glen had more to do with TCFBS being built than anyone. He still lives here.

The notion that our offense is more effective when Kill is either not at the game or up in the box seems really illogical. First of all, Limegrover calls the plays. Are you suggesting that Claeys was calling the plays when Kill was not down on the field? Or are you suggesting that Limegrover changed his play calling because Jerry was sitting right next to him in the booth? Or are you suggesting that Kill rejects plays that Limegrover calls when Kill is on the sideline? Or are you suggesting that Limegrover and Claeys conspired behind Kill's back to change the play calling while Kill was in the booth? Or are you suggesting that when Kill saw how well the offense performed when Kill was in the booth, Kill told Limegrover to stop calling those plays once Kill returned to the sideline? Or are you suggesting that the offense miraculously clicks better when Kill is up in the booth? Can't you see how absurd your logic is? You know what's more logical? That Kill was TELLING Limegrover what plays to call when Kill was sitting next to him in the booth because Kill had a better look at the field.

We'll never win with that offense. We can't recruit the players.

We can win some games by blocking, tackling, and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Our copy-cat model is not Indiana or Baylor. It's Wisconsin, and always has been.

It sure ain't Wisconsin. Have you ever closely watched their running game? It's so cool, so interesting, so diverse. Defenses don't know what's coming next. I wish we copied Wisconsin's running game. We'd be a better team. We have one or two running plays, and run them over and over and over. We're the easiest offense to prepare for in all of college football. Analysts have been saying this for 3 years. The Gophers are like the Emperor with No Clothes. Everyone knows how simple our offense is except us. It's really sad.

It sure ain't Wisconsin. Have you ever closely watched their running game? It's so cool, so interesting, so diverse. Defenses don't know what's coming next. I wish we copied Wisconsin's running game. We'd be a better team. We have one or two running plays, and run them over and over and over. We're the easiest offense to prepare for in all of college football. Analysts have been saying this for 3 years. The Gophers are like the Emperor with No Clothes. Everyone knows how simple our offense is except us. It's really sad.

What a bunch of BS! What they usually have is a stud back running behind a very good OL. We don't have that that superior talent against some teams. They establish a basic running attack, suck the defense in, and then try misdirect or quick strike off of that. It's pretty simple football--one that a supposed genius football mind like yours should be able to recognize. Football 101. Ya, let's do all sorts of exotic sh*t. That'll really fool them. Talk about an Emperor With No Clothes. You've run your mouth enough to be down to only wearing one sockl.

What a bunch of BS! What they usually have is a stud back running behind a very good OL. We don't have that that superior talent against some teams. They establish a basic running attack, suck the defense in, and then try misdirect or quick strike off of that. It's pretty simple football--one that a supposed genius football mind like yours should be able to recognize. Football 101. Ya, let's do all sorts of exotic sh*t. That'll really fool them. Talk about an Emperor With No Clothes. You've run your mouth enough to be down to only wearing one sockl.

Not exotic moron. Creative. You've obviously never watched what they do. If you haven't watched it, shut your mouth. You don't know crap about football obviously. Just shut up and watch. It's so much cooler than our 2 plays. We run the same two plays ad nauseum. Just admit it you loser.

And just because you're not as sophisticated as I am and able to see the nuances in Wisconsin's running game like I can, don't get mad at me. Maybe you should learn a little more about football. I've played and coached more football than you've probably been alive. Wisconsin's running attack is more diverse than our entire game day play book. You need to crack the books a little more my man.

I really don't think that Limegrover is the problem, I think the problem is QB play, until they can find some consistency from their QB they are going to struggle.

I really don't think that Limegrover is the problem, I think the problem is QB play, until they can find some consistency from their QB they are going to struggle.

THIS

Please lock the thread now.

Yeah, one game. Sat out two, watched from the booth for one and put on a headset for another.
Facts are facts, we won and were more exciting when he wasn't hamstringing the offensive calls.

Actually, I'm not sure the facts back up your assertion.

WITH KILL ON SIDELINES:
UNLV - 320 yards total offense
NM State - 469 yards total offense
W Ill - 337 yards total offense
SJSU - 424 yards total offense
Iowa - 165 yards total offense

WITH KILL NOT AT GAME:

Michigan - 281 yards total offense

WITH KILL IN BOOTH, NOT INVOLVED:
Northwestern - 299 yard total offense

WITH KILL IN BOOTH, HEADPHONES:

Nebraska - 430 yards total offense
Indiana - 573 yards total offense
Penn State - 381 yards total offense
Wisconsin - 185 yards total offense
Michigan State - 249 yards total offense
Syracuse 1st half - 133 yard total offense

WITH KILL ON SIDELINES:
Syracuse 2nd half - 208 yards total offense

So, with:

NO KILL INVOLVEMENT:
average 290 yards per game
KILL ON SIDELINES: average 349.6 yards per game
KILL IN BOOTH, HEADPHONES: average 354.7 yards per game

Indiana will think real hard before firing him.He was a as high profile a hire as they are going to get.

I feel they should give him one more year to reach a bowl game. It's clear he's got the offense part down and his recruiting his decent for Indiana so they should cut him a little more slack and pray that he gets his defense together to get to 6 wins.

I feel they should give him one more year to reach a bowl game. It's clear he's got the offense part down and his recruiting his decent for Indiana so they should cut him a little more slack and pray that he gets his defense together to get to 6 wins.

I should have said that...

I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Mizzou this weekend. Or lose by 30+.

To say that we are this upset because we lost to TCU doesn't tell the whole story. If we lost a competitive, hard fought game to TCU on the road, I don't think the criticism would be near this loud. Instead, we got absolutely humiliated and looked totally unprepared against a team which is coming off of a 2-7 Big 12 record, and even if we accept the premise that they are better than their record (which the Big 12 season should show us this year), they were at bast a middle of the pack Big 12 team last year. This wasn't Oklahoma or Baylor.
TCU seems like they might be on par with Oklahoma.

You guys are ridiculous "oh no! dont mention a former coach...ever!"
(during game) Kill is terrible, fire him, Limegrover can't coach, fire him!
(two days later) I have all the blind faith in all coaches because were
better now than we've ever been.

Sorry kiddies, this team isn't better than Glen Mason's average team.

Sorry I don't sip the kool-aid as you do....I just want to win, and look
good doing it.

Mason went .500 in his 4th year and won just 4 games in his 5th. I think Kill is doing just fine compared to Mason so far. It took Mason 7 seasons to have a break through season, and it didn't look like another really good season was anywhere on the horizon when he was fired.

Mason went .500 in his 4th year and won just 4 games in his 5th. I think Kill is doing just fine compared to Mason so far. It took Mason 7 seasons to have a break through season, and it didn't look like another really good season was anywhere on the horizon when he was fired.

Mase won 10 games and beat every Big Ten team. That's the bar to meet. I think Kill can and will do the same. And I sure hope sooner rather than later.

I will admit on was never a huge Mason guy. Always thought the offenses were great, but the defenses was often neglected.

Mason's teams won a lot of games they shouldn't have. They also lost a lot of games they shouldn't have. It is what it is.

Just to put things into perspective: If the Gophers go 6-9 in the 15 BT games they have through the end of next season, Kill will match Mason's most conference wins in a 3-year stretch. Yes, going 11-13 was Mason's best 3-game stretch in the BT. I know the conference was better then, but either way, we were not consistently good under him.

I will admit on was never a huge Mason guy. Always thought the offenses were great, but the defenses was often neglected.

When you take just about every piece of talent you have on your team and put them on one side of the ball you get what Mase had.

Top Bottom