Jerry Kill: Everything that happened on Saturday had nothing to do with kids, it ...

Matt Limegrover
• It had a lot to do with the offensive line. We're not playing to the way we're able to right now, it all starts up front. You can talk about David being banged up.
• We'd like to throw for 300 yards a game, and we're not there. You can either give into it, or make some changes.
• With the same guys back on the O-Line - had some injuries during camp, we just haven't quite meshed yet. The guys are trying to get used to a new year. The schemes aren't that much different. Last year, it was a big problem, being inconsistent.
• I'm never adverse to making personnel changes. That's the hallmark of a Coach Kill team. Some guys will be given some opportunity at practice.
• Isaac - he had been working a lot at left guard. He's really progressed well. At practice, he got in there, and gave us a little lift there. The biggest thing with him is he doesn’t have a lot of experience.
• We're close to making the decision if we want to play Melvin or Connor this year. Is this the best thing for that young man's future? We're looking for other alternatives, but you hit the point of no return on that. The nice thing about it, is they get a lot of reps and they would be ready.
• Mitch is trying to do too much, and it's getting him in trouble. If he's going to be successful, we need to feel comfortable, that goes back to the O-Line, backs, etc.[/QUOTE]

If i were coach Limegrover it appears that the OL coach is not doing his job. might be time for a change there! It sounds like the OC knows where the problem lies lets see if he can fix the problem this week and into the BT season.

That's your opinion, but you don't know me from Adam. I'm not angry at all. I believe I have a pretty good idea how Jerry works. Jerry says everything that happened on Saturday is on him. But, based on my observation of him over three plus years, he does not mean that. If he did, he would've backed it up in the press conference and we would see some changes in the offense and play calling. Jerry believes he knows exactly what he's doing. Jerry has pointed out numerous times how successful he's been at his previous stops. Jerry doesn't believe he could be going about things wrong. Jerry believes he doesn't have the talent he needs and the execution he demands. Jerry believes the kids lost the game because they turned the ball over. He said that very clearly. Jerry even said in the press conference that if we don't turn the ball over we win the game. Jerry believes the kids lost the game. Jerry does not believe he lost the game. Jerry is a good guy. Jerry is a really good guy. But Jerry is full of B.S.

You're overanalyzing things way too much. When he says it all comes back to him, what more do you want him to say? I listened to the press conference. Yes, he mentioned turnovers and execution as problems on Saturday. But then when he says it's all on him, I take that to mean he needs to coach the players better so they'll execute better and not turn the ball over. Just because he doesn't mention that specifically doesn't mean he thinks it's only the players' fault. You're making assumptions about a pointless press conference, and ripping Kill because he's not saying the perfect things. The guy couldn't even tell the media what day it was and made it seem like he's barely slept the past few days. He's putting in a lot of time to fix things. I'd say that's taking plenty of ownership.

You're overanalyzing things way too much. When he says it all comes back to him, what more do you want him to say? I listened to the press conference. Yes, he mentioned turnovers and execution as problems on Saturday. But then when he says it's all on him, I take that to mean he needs to coach the players better so they'll execute better and not turn the ball over. Just because he doesn't mention that specifically doesn't mean he thinks it's only the players' fault. You're making assumptions about a pointless press conference, and ripping Kill because he's not saying the perfect things. The guy couldn't even tell the media what day it was and made it seem like he's barely slept the past few days. He's putting in a lot of time to fix things. I'd say that's taking plenty of ownership.

Agree with everything you said Jaymil. Also, at the end of the day, it won't really matter what he says at press conferences. We play any more games like the TCU one, and Kill will be getting plenty of blame, and if we go on a tear on the B1G, he will get plenty of credit.

It has been discussed before but I still think there are too many fans that don't get the following concept: If a kid can help the team win games that season he is going to play. Coaches don't redshirt guys for the future, they redshirt guys because they are not ready.

Depends on your definition of 'ready', but in football I'd disagree with you. It is in fact the NORM to redshirt freshman. Happens more often than not. Football recruiting has a lot to do with building the roster for the future. Many kids who could contribute to their teams are not played. Very normal in FBS football.

Agree with everything you said Jaymil. Also, at the end of the day, it won't r ally matter what he says at press conferences. We play any more games like the TCU one, and Kill will be getting plenty of blame, and if we go on a tear on the B1G, he will get plenty of credit.

Any decent college coach is going to realize that Henry Ford the second was right, "never explain, never complain".
People just want results and explaining that he is cobbling together an offensive line that played badly just sounds like ex use making.
Those of you who think you just hire the right coach and everything works in year three years are immune from reality and I envy how simple the world is for you.

OK. You were there. Did the refs not execute?

Not really. That call on the Gophers for running into the punt receiver was totally bogus. The punt receiver actually ran into and tried to block the Gopher. So yes, the refs did not execute.

I disagree. I think the real answer is that you're looking for things to get angry about.

+1 Of all the stupid things to be upset about, Kills remarks stating that he is responsible is just dumb. It is coach speak. Your take hits the nail right on the head. He was looking for things to get angry about.

Jerry Kill will never be a statesman, but he knows college football and he does things the right way. All signs point to him being the right guy for this program for the foreseeable future. I trust him to get help from the right people at the right places when necessary. I don't foresee him coming to this board for help.

Jerry Kill will never be a statesman, but he knows college football and he does things the right way. All signs point to him being the right guy for this program for the foreseeable future. I trust him to get help from the right people at the right places when necessary. <b>I don't foresee him coming to this board for help.</b>

That is why I email all my suggestions directly to him.

+1 Of all the stupid things to be upset about, Kills remarks stating that he is responsible is just dumb. It is coach speak. Your take hits the nail right on the head. He was looking for things to get angry about.

You guys just don't get it. I'm not angry and I'm not upset. You guys are classic. You transpose how you think onto others. That's what most macho non-introspective people do. They can only see the world from their perspective. What I am trying to point out is that Jerry Kill might not be all that you think he is. Many of you have placed him on a pedestal because the man has had a lot of difficulties in his life to overcome, because he has changed the culture in the program and has the kids going to class. These are admirable things which I give him full credit for. You believe that because he has done all this, you trust him to build a winning football team. And I simply disagree. I see things that he does and says that I don't care for and that tell me he might not be the right guy. I think he's missing a few qualities that I see in other successful coaches. Just today he said that he wouldn't play a guy who can't go "full speed". That is such a flat out lie that contradicts decisions he's made numerous times before to play injured players. His players hear these statements and probably think to themselves that our head coach says things that aren't true. And if your players can't trust everything that comes out of your mouth, you got a problem. In any event, I just don't believe that Jerry's a real bright guy or a great football mind. That doesn't mean I hate him or think he's a "bad" man. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem not mine.

You guys just don't get it. I'm not angry and I'm not upset. You guys are classic. You transpose how you think onto others. That's what most macho non-introspective people do. They can only see the world from their perspective. What I am trying to point out is that Jerry Kill might not be all that you think he is. Many of you have placed him on a pedestal because the man has had a lot of difficulties in his life to overcome, because he has changed the culture in the program and has the kids going to class. These are admirable things which I give him full credit for. You believe that because he has done all this, you trust him to build a winning football team. And I simply disagree. I see things that he does and says that I don't care for and that tell me he might not be the right guy. I think he's missing a few qualities that I see in other successful coaches. Just today he said that he wouldn't play a guy who can't go "full speed". That is such a flat out lie that contradicts decisions he's made numerous times before to play injured players. His players hear these statements and probably think to themselves that our head coach says things that aren't true. And if your players can't trust everything that comes out of your mouth, you got a problem. In any event, I just don't believe that Jerry's a real bright guy or a great football mind. That doesn't mean I hate him or think he's a "bad" man. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem not mine.

Too long, Curse. I fellasleep dh da igcyuygdfiyheyifheegiynudx. Ngriuhdjkhgegkbjeg. Tryong frininhddgkjbdhkbfto read frnijgiunihmdcnubyit.

Coaches, players, staff, and families around the NFL, college, and high schools North America-wide don't seem to overwhelmingly share your sentiment. Gosh, for some insane reason, there is a high amount of praise, respect, and loyalty to Kill. Preposterous!

Unless...

Apparently 3 to 6 to 8 wins isn't good enough for some fans.

Just today he said that he wouldn't play a guy who can't go "full speed". That is such a flat out lie that contradicts decisions he's made numerous times before to play injured players.

You break down coach speak. That's adorable.

Coaches, players, staff, and families around the NFL, college, and high schools North America-wide don't seem to overwhelmingly share your sentiment. Gosh, for some insane reason, there is a high amount of praise, respect, and loyalty to Kill. Preposterous!
he runs the worst
Unless...

you're right. they love him. everyone loves him. he's a genuinely nice man. ever wonder why he can't recruit top notch players? ever wonder why he runs one of the worst offenses in college football. ever notice he hasn't been able to recruit a qb that has offers from lots of other good schools. you guys must be mentally slow. there is a DIFFERENCE between being a great guy and being regarded as a bright football mind. do you see kids flocking to play for Jerry Kill? are you guys that idiotic? kids go to great football programs. kids don't go to play for nice guys.

you're right. they love him. everyone loves him. he's a genuinely nice man. ever wonder why he can't recruit top notch players? ever wonder why he runs one of the worst offenses in college football. ever notice he hasn't been able to recruit a qb that has offers from lots of other good schools. you guys must be mentally slow. there is a DIFFERENCE between being a great guy and being regarded as a bright football mind. do you see kids flocking to play for Jerry Kill? are you guys that idiotic? kids go to great football programs. kids don't go to play for nice guys.

When he got here he was able to hold onto Shortell even though Michigan made a strong push for him. And Nelson was a very good get at the time as well.

you guys must be mentally slow...are you guys that idiotic?

You know, I've ignored you since you seem to be one of those people who just yell at clouds.

But when you call the intelligence of all the posters on this board into question, I'll just say:

**** you. You're an asshole.

ohhemad.jpg

So what's your point?
You are way overestimating recruiting services, and even still Kill has brought in several top notch prospects and found many more. Eric Murray is an NFL corner that nobody even noticed out of HS.
On the opposite end of things he's brought in guys like Pirsig, Connor Mayes, Elmore, Donovan Jones etc who had top offers and chose to play for him.

The offense is fine. It really is. I know people are frustrated with the lack of passing, but quite simply they need to get used to the fact that this offense in it's final and perfectly executed form will never throw the ball more than it needs to. If everything works out we'll basically be Kansas State in 2012.
right now we are struggling to develop an bunch of young guys at key positions. It will get better.

Domonic Mckinzy had several offers from other places, I don't get what you're trying to prove with point 3, other than you're upset with the current QB.

Talk about not "getting it". I will say it again, it is just coach speak. Politicians, CEO's, Professional football head coaches etc. all have their version of it. If you don't think Jerry is very smart, just say it, but don't blame it on coach speak.

Talk about not "getting it". I will say it again, it is just coach speak. Politicians, CEO's, Professional football head coaches etc. all have their version of it. If you don't think Jerry is very smart, just say it, but don't blame it on coach speak.

Some fans want to be let in on every detail, but a coach wouldn't be to smart to do that.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

As a former politician, what a load of bull this is. You are not getting it. The politicians you see and hear are the same behind closed doors. The CEO's I know are not different before a microphone either. They just don't couch their agenda or obfuscate it. There may be people that do this, but they are not the norm at that level. If you encounter that type of charlatan, that is YOUR circle. You are projecting YOUR thoughts on others, for the nth time.

Just this morning I had to send an e-mail to one of our most important clients basically telling this person that she lied to me, and I'll get it fixed, but she pissed me off, it was her fault, and it will take a lot of work to change horses this late in the game. But I'll get it done.

I spent a good amount of time crafting the language in that e-mail, and I refuse to lie to a client, but I "coach-speaked" the hell out of it.

It happens every day.

Just this morning I had to send an e-mail to one of our most important clients basically telling this person that she lied to me, and I'll get it fixed, but she pissed me off, it was her fault, and it will take a lot of work to change horses this late in the game. But I'll get it done.

I spent a good amount of time crafting the language in that e-mail, and I refuse to lie to a client, but I "coach-speaked" the hell out of it.

It happens every day.

Yeah... that sounds like a good "conversation" to have over email. Sheesh.

BTGC's thoughts and commentary are going lightly on Kill. I think more will trend toward BTGC's thinking over time.

Top Bottom