MN Daily: Gone are the days of mismanaged games and a lack of player development

Well, what the heck, let's make my first post here in this thread. Long time lurker though!

I lost all respect for Tubby when he started ripping his players to the media (ie his criticism of Hoffarber playing the point and there was something with Ralphie Sampson too, but I cannot remember the details). When a coach criticizes a players performance (and in Hoffarbers case, he was playing out of position because Tubby didn't have a backup PG option) and the player was playing as well as he could, I have a real problem with that. At that moment that was it for Tubby as far as I was concerned. Beyond that, I just don't think he was a good coach.

I remember when he came here, someone from the media (columnist?) in Kentucky said you will love Tubby early, but you will want to run him out of town before long. Man, was he right in my case. Just my .02 guys.

Well, what the heck, let's make my first post here in this thread. Long time lurker though!

I lost all respect for Tubby when he started ripping his players to the media (ie his criticism of Hoffarber playing the point and there was something with Ralphie Sampson too, but I cannot remember the details). When a coach criticizes a players performance (and in Hoffarbers case, he was playing out of position because Tubby didn't have a backup PG option) and the player was playing as well as he could, I have a real problem with that. At that moment that was it for Tubby as far as I was concerned. Beyond that, I just don't think he was a good coach.

I remember when he came here, someone from the media (columnist?) in Kentucky said you will love Tubby early, but you will want to run him out of town before long. Man, was he right in my case. Just my .02 guys.

It's scary how much I am in line with your post. As you well know, some won't like this.

Welcome aboard.

Top Bottom