How can Limegrover stop a lynch mob?

Win big next week and all is forgiven until the Michigan game.

Isn't this the Gopherhole way?

We need to hire a few assistant coaches on offense. OL coach to work with Limegrover. We need all the help we can get on offemse.

After the state and university were so thoroughly embarrassed and exposed against TCU, things will will not be forgiven with a win over SJSU. However, fan frustration and indignation will be exacerbated with a loss or mere marginal win against SJSU. The best that can be hoped for this week is that the team performs so well that the fans get no more pissed than they already are. But certainly, a win against Michigan would turn sentiment around.

Clearly the coaches know all the stuff that is being tossed around in this thread so the obvious question then why don't they do any of it. The answer people don't want to accept is that they don't feel we have the personnel to execute it.

LMAO. Our coaching staff, busy with a demanding schedule, spends time trying to learn how to coach from the likes of you on HERE? OK, there's a word -- maybe several -- that comes to mind: delusional.

Is the quarterback so different and the offensive line and wide receivers we have so different that we cannot be creative and run some of the mis-direction plays that they started showing against Nebraska and Penn State last year? They ran some pretty inovative stuff that
caught those two teams off guard. They must have saw some things on film that allowed them to do that correct?
I'm not going to rip Limegrover on here, he is clearly capable of game planning for a Big 10 offense. Are the injury's so paralyzing that they
are incapable of running and executing plays with mis-direction that cause a defense that likes to over pursue, to use that agressiveness against them? Maybe our offensive line is too slow to pull and do this stuff, I don't know, hard to say with the injury's they have been having.
I do know Limegrover has been coaching division one football for 17 + years so obviously he has done some things of quality over the years that has allowed him to attain this position. Besides the lower level of play by the quarterback(below everyones elevated expectations) Keep in mind the coach and the coaches have tooted Mitch Leidners horn all offseason, and the offensive line injury's I have not been able to put my finger on why we have not seen the Gophers really improve much on offense from game to game this year. In past years you could see clear improvement even in losses.
Clearly the competition get's better every week, so you know there going to be playing defenses that can out scheme and out hustle and muscle our guy's at times, the trick for Limegrover is to offset and be able minimize our offensive weaknesses and find some strengths. Right now the offense as far as execution and playmaking is leaving a lot left to be desired on the football field. Gophers are not going to be able to rely on the defense to create turnovers in order to create scoring posessions this year all year long, clearly that will catch up with them. Until we see the Gophers prove they can execute some quality forward passes that stretch and expose the defense on drag and crossing routes, even some quick outs, were going to be in trouble. That is why they practice and play the games, these coaches need to find a way to get more out of the offense than they have so far. Gotta play the games that are in front of you each week, this week it is beating San Jose State.
I like our guys and think they can get better every day and week, and can still win a lot of games, but it really has to start getting better on offense for this to happen. They still have all of the goals in front of them they want to achieve, it's not how you start it is how you finish and we need to start seeing the Gophers finish individual plays and games better each week. We cannot see losses in one on one match-up's on the line or from the tight ends and backs as much, a good start would be to start picking up the blitz better and winning more of those individual plays. It is a team game but if one guy breaks down and loses badly everything else goes to bleep.

RUN A JET SWEEP!!! To someone NOT named Fruechte

This. Why we haven't seen many, if any, jet sweeps to Jones, Berkley, or Maye is astounding. If these players are lightning in a bottle, why are we opening that bottle up?

Yes and why did we switch the RB and WR coaches' duties this year? Was this supposed to increase production in both positions?

Also, how about an OL coach full-time (like every other team), and have Limegrover focus on just one job?

I think this is more of a resume move for Poore and Anderson.

More than anything, we need to find a game manager. Leidner doesn't appear to feel the blitz and just about fumbles every time he's sacked. Yesterday was the 2nd time this year I saw him hold the ball over his head hoping for a two hand basketball type pass to work. Not smart. On the one td we had, if you watch the replay, TCU blitzes and Streveler took a instinctual step back to give the play more time to develop.

I completely agree. Leidner does not have instincts for the position. I'm sure that he's a great kid and teammate but he the game does not come easily to him. Despite what was said in the spring (by Limegrover IIRC) he does not have the "it" factor....

Forget "game manager". I want us to have, for once, a difference-maker at Quarterback. I want someone who's going to dictate the game, not have it dictated to him. I want someone playing QB that fans, teammates, and the opposition know can make the unbelievable play/throw at any moment, and also know he's not going to make the stupid throw.

I am not going to back Limey or Mitch at this point but three bad games are still three bad games.

what is a positive for the TCU game is experience against a real good team. that will help as Mitch and company try to compete next year and the year after. the more they can learn from this the better.

Now as far as limey goes he needs to understand his personnel and call plays that will put them into a better position. Just doing something that should work against a certain defense is not a good plan if your personnel cant run the plays. it is his JOB to find the plays his guys can run effectively period. if he is not doing the job he should answer to his boss. unfortunately Kills loyalty goes both ways and we are stuck with an under preforming OL and play calling that would work if the guys could do what is expected of them

Top Bottom