Jerry Kill...is he the right guy?

Agree. I don't understand the novices on GH that even question any of the Staff. If all fans do is question after a loss, they should pay dues to the National Coaches Association.

Maybe then they would stfu.
I would be willing to bet that double figures posters on GH pay dues to the coaches association.
Do you?

If you don't, you can still post because that's the point of a message board.

Pretty sure Jim Wacker beat Barry alverez on multiple occasions. Point is a bad team with a **** coach can beat a rose bowl team with a great coach and as you saw on Saturday a **** squad with a dead man walking can rally on homecoming to beat solid but flawed opponent. Sack up and get ready for the pig in two weeks.

Good points.

Talent-wise, I think our defense is almost there.

The OL has never seen the caliber TCU's speedy defense before. Their play caused all sorts of missed blocking assignments and let to eventually a few turnovers due to sub-par QB play.

The Gophers were both out gained in passing & rushing even though the TOP was 34:25 for the Gophers.
The quick strike hurry up spread offense was no match for our normally stellar defense.

The Gophers OL & QB play has ways to go for the Gophers to be in contention in the upper echelons of B1G play. They better be making adjustments on their offensive schemes as they will be facing quite a few spread teams.

TCU football and yesterday's game serve as standards for where the Gophers need to go.

The Gophers need to hold there heads up high. They got beaten by a deceptively very good Big 12 team who were 4-8 last season, but could have easily been 8-4. TCU lost by a combined total of 11 points to Baylor, Kansas State, WVU, and Oklahoma.

Do I think Kill is the right guy? Yes I do at this moment in time.

He brought integrity & stability to a program that was left in shambles. He'll need to keep improving and develping. Rebuilding will take more than four years.

The QB development has been the hardest part of the rebuilding of the program. They'll get get this fixed.

A 5-7 to 7-5 season looms in the meantime.

Looking back, boy was I wrong about the time table of more than four years. The Gophers have already more than exceeded my expectations sitting at 8-3 with a chance to go battle for the B1G Title against tOSU.

In Kill We Trust!

Looking back... There were a lot of overreacting azz hats posting in this thread after the TCU loss.

When Maturi was looking for a head coach, I said that we needed a coach who was loyal and would build a program in a similar vein to what Alvarez did. I was thrilled to see the U hire Jerry Kill after I read his bio and saw his track record. His work ethic is exactly what this program needed and needs. From day one I have been impressed with Coach Kill and barring any health issues I look forward to him building the Gophers into a perennial B1G West contender. It is wonderful to see where we have come from and to what heights we can attain. Ski-U-Mah!

/makes mental note to bump this thread after a Rose Bowl victory in January 2018

Top Bottom