Official Leidner vs. Streveler Megathread

The 100% stuff is a load of garbage. If kill only played people who were 100% he would have no one left by the end of the season. You guys must not have played football at any level. No one is 100% come mid season. NO ONE

The 100% stuff is a load of garbage. If kill only played people who were 100% he would have no one left by the end of the season. You guys must not have played football at any level. No one is 100% come mid season. NO ONE

you are partially right. the 100% is an number thrown out like Kleenix. it really means can the guy give us 100% effort even if the pains are great? he may be 75% healthy but can give it a go and go full speed.

I think no players play at 100% health after the first week of camp. their muscles are aching and bodies are tired. but they can give it 100 and go full speed

Kill says ML7 not moving well. Safe to say CS5 will start & MEGATHREAD is dead again.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Definitely a possibility Streveler will be the guy on Saturday.

I got a notification on my phone (from either espn or scorecenter) that said "Gophers Leidner will miss next game."

Any truth to this?... Reading the article it said Leidner is not 100%, Kill saying:
"i would never play anybody that was 82.9%"...
"i'm not going to risk a kid or quarterback or anything like that" and..
"they've got to be cleared by the trainer"...."I always tell the trainer, 'can he play full speed?' because this is a full speed game."

More B.S. from Kill. He started Cobb who had an ankle sprain and clearly not at full speed. And Kill kept that a secret too. Kill is full of doublespeak. How can you trust this man when he says stuff like this? He just told a bald face flat out lie. I question Kill's judgement and you guys should begin questioning it too.

More B.S. from Kill. He started Cobb who had an ankle sprain and clearly not at full speed. And Kill kept that a secret too. Kill is full of doublespeak. How can you trust this man when he says stuff like this? He just told a bald face flat out lie. I question Kill's judgement and you guys should begin questioning it too.

I'll pass, thanks.

Do you have any eligibility left?

(LOL!)

A friend and I figured we'd walk on at Savannah State. I don't smoke, but if I was SSU's starting kicker, I'd have a cigarette in my mouth the whole game.

Take it easy. If you're going dissect every word that football coaches say to the press than of course you'll find contradictions and disingenious statements.

Take it easy. If you're going dissect every word that football coaches say to the press than of course you'll find contradictions and disingenious statements.

He's apparently never heard a football coach speak before Tuesday.

Marqueis was out two weeks with a turf toe and came back primarily as a receiver the week he did come back if I am not mistaken, I don't see how Leidner will be playing this week with that injury, I would guess it is a smoke screen to say he might play.

I feel like I'm in the next-to-last scene of Trading Places. I've been buying all this Leidner stock, convinced the price will go up, just as the Duke brothers did in trying to corner the frozen orange juice market before the crop report was released. Then the data comes in, and the price begins to drop. Slowly at first, then it starts to plummet. As the stock goes into free fall, I find myself on the fringes of the GopherHole crowd screaming, "Sell! Sell! For God's sake, sell!" But my voice is drowned out and I'm left in a trembling heap on the floor, surrounded by reams of my worthless penny stock.

why did you buy Leidner stock?

You bought into the worst starting qb at the U since IDK....Marquel Fleetwood? That's as far as i go back.

You bought into the worst starting qb at the U since IDK....Marquel Fleetwood? That's as far as i go back.
I know I was fooled as well. It's his third year in the program and all we heard out of camp and all off season is how he's become this great leader, an improved passer, and has that "it' factor. I'm pretty surprised he's looked as bad as he has.

I know I was fooled as well. It's his third year in the program and all we heard out of camp and all off season is how he's become this great leader, an improved passer, and has that "it' factor. I'm pretty surprised he's looked as bad as he has.

I didn't think he was going to be a good quarterback by B1G standards, but I thought he would be serviceable. I was shocked by the trainwreck that he has been so far this year (I know, 3 games seems early, but its 25% of the season).

Would Leidner start for Whitewater?

If lakeville hasn't opened a second high school would have he started for lakeville? The other school had the metro player of the year his senior year

MN Daily: Column: Kill should stick with Streveler against Michigan

Kill and Streveler both acknowledged the lack of passing attempts in their press conferences and said the reason for it stemmed from success with the read option.

However, don’t expect Michigan’s defense to be as giving as the Spartans.

It would be ignorant to believe the Gophers will ask Streveler to throw only seven passes against a team that last year ranked in the top half of the Big Ten in rushing defense and second in turnover margin.

The Battle for the Little Brown Jug has been incredibly one-sided over the last couple of years.

But based on Streveler’s performance, Kill should stick with him one more week to try to change that.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/footb...-kill-should-stick-streveler-against-michigan

Go Gophers!!

MN Daily: Column: Kill should stick with Streveler against Michigan

Kill and Streveler both acknowledged the lack of passing attempts in their press conferences and said the reason for it stemmed from success with the read option.

However, don’t expect Michigan’s defense to be as giving as the Spartans.

It would be ignorant to believe the Gophers will ask Streveler to throw only seven passes against a team that last year ranked in the top half of the Big Ten in rushing defense and second in turnover margin.

The Battle for the Little Brown Jug has been incredibly one-sided over the last couple of years.

But based on Streveler’s performance, Kill should stick with him one more week to try to change that.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/footb...-kill-should-stick-streveler-against-michigan

Go Gophers!!

YA FEEL ME? :cool:

Top Bottom