2015 recruiting pretty much finished September 2014?

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
I must admit it feels shocking to have 4 seemingly strong recruits lined up by September 12.

I have to say I like it.

Obviously, our last big target (if possible) is Illikainen. Now having four commits, I was under the impression that we currently don't have room for another with our scholarship situation. If that turns out to be the case, wonder if Pitino will just mail it in the rest of the way or keep pursuing Illikainen.

Obviously, our last big target (if possible) is Illikainen. Now having four commits, I was under the impression that we currently don't have room for another with our scholarship situation. If that turns out to be the case, wonder if Pitino will just mail it in the rest of the way or keep pursuing Illikainen.

Mail it in? I think he'll continue to recruit AI, but even if he didn't and the class was complete, there is no mailing it in. He'll start to focus heavily on 2016 and probably even 2017. Our staff eats, sleeps, and drinks recruiting. There is no mailing it in.

These guys never stop recruiting. Coach Pitino will NOT mail it in.

Obviously, they never stop recruiting. What I meant was does he look to next year or still try to find a way to get Illikainen for this year as well? It'll be interesting to see how everything falls is all I meant. Clumsy wording on my part.

I suspect they will spend a lot of time keeping all 4 recruited as well. Recruiting a prospect only ends when they sign the paper.

Mail it in? I think he'll continue to recruit AI, but even if he didn't and the class was complete, there is no mailing it in. He'll start to focus heavily on 2016 and probably even 2017. Our staff eats, sleeps, and drinks recruiting. There is no mailing it in.

This might be the most important part of nailing down a reruiting class so early. He can schmooze wtih the Coffey's without having to worry about fielding a full team next season. Nice to see Richard meeting/exceeding recruiting expectations.

What I love about this staff's approach to recruiting is that they're not just accumulating bodies to fill roster spots, they target players who have the specific skill sets to succeed in their system and aggressively pursue them. They've hit in the East (McBrayer, Dorsey), South (Mason, Morris, Nwankwo), West (Martin), Midwest (Johnson) and internationally (Konate, Diedhiou) in the first two classes, proving that they'll compete anywhere for talent. They're building what looks to be a talented and potentially deep team that bodes well for a bright future.

What I love about this staff's approach to recruiting is that they're not just accumulating bodies to fill roster spots, they target players who have the specific skill sets to succeed in their system and aggressively pursue them. They've hit in the East (McBrayer, Dorsey), South (Mason, Morris, Nwankwo), West (Martin), Midwest (Johnson) and internationally (Konate, Diedhiou) in the first two classes, proving that they'll compete anywhere for talent. They're building what looks to be a talented and potentially deep team that bodes well for a bright future.

One of my favorite posts in a while...thanks, Windy!

Dupe post.

This is a very good point. I hadn't thought of it that much in geographical terms, but they really have been all over. And getting the local kid to commit is the feather in the cap.

There's such a different air around Gophers basketball now...loving it!

Top Bottom