Jarvis Johnson Commits to the U of M #SkiUMah

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
DeLaSalle senior Jarvis Johnson, the state’s most highly touted 2014 basketball prospect and the Gophers’ top target, is expected to commit Friday to the University of Minnesota.

In front of a crowd of friends, family and classmates at the DeLaSalle gymnasium after school on Friday, the 6-foot-1 point guard is expected to fill out Richard Pitino’s impressive 2015 class, sources told the Star Tribune this week.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/274806791.html

Welcome Johnson! We now have a heck of a class. Ski-U-Mah!

We have lots of guards next year. I bet McBrayer of someone else redshirts.

For Amelia's sake, I hope she is spot on with this.

If it comes to fruition, I will be pickled tink.

Hopefully this thing is 100% now that the StarTrib is running with it.

I am still hopeful we find a spot for AI, assuming he wants to be here.

That's the question. What happens with Illikainen? I don't think we're going to sign more than 4.

That's the question. What happens with Illikainen? I don't think we're going to sign more than 4.

If he wants to be here, I think we will. Otherwise I'm not too sure why he had that last second unofficial and why the coaches flew out to Brewster Academy to visit him.

If he wants to be here, I think we will. Otherwise I'm not too sure why he had that last second unofficial and why the coaches flew out to Brewster Academy to visit him.

WARNING: PURE SPECULATION AHEAD

Could it have been the coaches letting him know about the potential imminent Nwankwo / Jarvis signings and basically saying hey we want you badly but we need you to know and tell us know that you're coming here, otherwise we're moving on?

WARNING: PURE SPECULATION AHEAD

Could it have been the coaches letting him know about the potential imminent Nwankwo / Jarvis signings and basically saying hey we want you badly but we need you to know and tell us know that you're coming here, otherwise we're moving on?

They visited AI after the Nwankwo commit and Jarvis reportedly silent verballed as well on his official. That means they still flew across the country to visit with AI even though they knew they had their 4 scholarships filled.

They visited AI after the Nwankwo commit and Jarvis reportedly silent verballed as well on his official. That means they still flew across the country to visit with AI even though they knew they had their 4 scholarships filled.

Cool, I guess my random guess made no sense then :) I guess I didn't connect the dots on the timing of them going to see Alex. Thanks for clarifying

They told him to hold off until the summer when they can open up a scholarship for him.

Cool, I guess my random guess made no sense then :) I guess I didn't connect the dots on the timing of them going to see Alex. Thanks for clarifying

The Jarvis silent verbal thing has not been confirmed so my theory may be off as well. :D

Also, Nwankwo posted on here that he wanted AI to commit. So that means the staff was still really high on AI after Nwankwo told them he was commiting (and possibly after Jarvis verbaled).

Coach Pitino needs to create an account and straighten this out.

As somebody else said on another thread, that English test just became a lot harder for Gaston.

tumblr_ml28l0GwWd1qepocvo1_500.gif

As somebody else said on another thread, that English test just became a lot harder for Gaston.

hahaha. Only if Alex decides to come to the program.

But seriously speaking, it's not a funny situation regarding Gaston, his education, and his college basketball career.

But I suspect if he is not able to play with us, he will land at another D1 school and have all his eligibility because he is not even enrolled in college yet.

Not sure why that would make it any more valid. Nadine tweeted this out long before Amelia's story. Either way, super pumped for Jarvis to become a Gopher!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well Nadine said she got it from her very reliable source. I would trust the Star Trib to have good information. To me this is solid

Not sure why that would make it any more valid. Nadine tweeted this out long before Amelia's story. Either way, super pumped for Jarvis to become a Gopher!

Just meant the trib has more to lose it they are wrong.

This is sure different than waiting/waiting/waiting to see what 'leftovers' we can get in the spring.

Kudos!

This is sure different than waiting/waiting/waiting to see what 'leftovers' we can get in the spring.

Kudos!

No kidding...if we land AI as well, it has to be our best recruiting since the class that included Jackson, James, Lewis and Thomas. Fine times ahead, ladies and gents!

There will be room (1 or 2 more schollies) if necessary if AI and another significant recruit want to join Johnson, Nwankwo, Dorsey, and McBrayer. These things have a way of working out if the incoming recruit is talented enough.

There will be room (1 or 2 more schollies) if necessary if AI and another significant recruit want to join Johnson, Nwankwo, Dorsey, and McBrayer. These things have a way of working out if the incoming recruit is talented enough.

Agreed. I've heard they'll take a 5th commitment from AI. When is the last time someone didn't leave after the season? Always another scholarship open. Happy to hear about the Jarvis news.

Top Bottom