Jarvis Johnson Commits to the U of M #SkiUMah

TBQH, the feeling i'd gotten from his last interview didn't make me as hopeful as i wanted to be. In turn, this is especially even more of a thrill to hear. Can't wait to actually congratulate Jarvis once he announces.

It's an added bonus that we keep him away from Wisconsin.

Okay, there has to be a story behind 'The Casanova Room'. Let's hear it.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was named after Casanova the lover. I doubt it is after Jose Casanova the philosopher...he is alive. There was a Cardinal in the 1500's named Casanova. I too, am curious to know the story of how the room name was chosen because the famous womanizer is most people's first thought. And that seems an unlikely choice for a school. Maybe they had a teacher or donor
with that name?

Still really excited about this commit. ESPN updated their profile on Jarvis 3 days ago...

ESPN Analyst
Updated 09/09/2014

Strengths:
Johnson has the speed, quickness, athleticism, motor and ability to change gears to be a special lead guard. Johnson has excellent court vision and does a great job using the advance pass on the break and finding the open man down the sideline or rim running. Johnson excels on the break but can run the half court offense as well. He has a nice mid range pull up that he can get off at will with his ability to beat his defender off the bounce. Johnson can hit the open three when his feet are set as well. Johnson gears also allows him to make a play at end of clock situations.

Weaknesses:
In addition to adding strength Johnson must work to make his jumper a consistent weapon and improve his shot selection at times. Also Johnson must learn not to take chances or be loose with the ball.

Bottom Line:
Johnson is a true point guard that can not only get teammates involved, run the offense but can create as well. Johnson is very talented but is learning how to manage the game which he is very capable. Great upside

Is Golden Shower's wife in more trouble if he signs as expected, or if he surprises us by snubbing us? Hope all of this is for real, but I remember us being pretty confident on Travis last year, so I am going to wait for the proverbial hatching to do any chicken counting. Can't wait for this afternoon.

Is Golden Shower's wife in more trouble if he signs as expected, or if he surprises us by snubbing us? Hope all of this is for real, but I remember us being pretty confident on Travis last year, so I am going to wait for the proverbial hatching to do any chicken counting. Can't wait for this afternoon.

HOMER ALERT:

Wasn't the Travis press conference on the books, and THEN the wild "to MN" speculation began (e.g. trusted source just told me? Jarvis' sort of happened in reverse. There were whisperings, then predictions of Johnson "to the U" and THEN the press conference was scheduled. Is that semantics or does anyone else see a difference?

I don't know. He's probably going to Harvard.

I obviously don't have any inside info, but considering the major paper in town already wrote a story about Johnson committing to the U, I'd say it's pretty set in stone. If not, it is the biggest slap in the face in history of slapping faces.

I remember the last time an announcement was held at this high school and everyone was sure that Minnesota would be the answer.

No reminder needed...

I think that kid is going to regret not picking the U, he could hae been really good in this system and PF was our weak position last year. He coulda flourished.
and if JJ commits he could have played for 3 years with his former teammate.

I remember the last time an announcement was held at this high school and everyone was sure that Minnesota would be the answer.

This situation is a little different than that one.

It's true, per a source who talked to Kimani today.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I watched the stream for Travis. Gopherland will have to forgive me if I wait for the reaction, and then watch the replay and pretend I'm watching it live.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3559710.shtml?cat=1

A standout DeLaSalle boys basketball player - and the state's top recruit - is expected to make his college announcement Friday.
Jarvis Johnson, a point guard from Brooklyn Park, is expected to commit to the University of Minnesota at a signing at his school at 3:30 p.m.
The three-star recruit would play under head coach Richard Pitino.
The Gophers were unable to land any of last year's top in-state talent, including Apple Valley's Tyus Jones (Duke University), Cooper guard Rashad Vaughn (Stanford University) and DeLaSalle forward Travis Reid (University of Nevada-Las Vegas).

I'm not the only one ass-backwards today.

Damn that is the exact same room that Travis Reid declared from.

Even though I know he'll be a gopher i'm still getting nervous. My heart rate just picked up. Very similar to watching the Jeff Jones announcement.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3559710.shtml?cat=1

A standout DeLaSalle boys basketball player - and the state's top recruit - is expected to make his college announcement Friday.
Jarvis Johnson, a point guard from Brooklyn Park, is expected to commit to the University of Minnesota at a signing at his school at 3:30 p.m.
The three-star recruit would play under head coach Richard Pitino.
The Gophers were unable to land any of last year's top in-state talent, including Apple Valley's Tyus Jones (Duke University), Cooper guard Rashad Vaughn (Stanford University) and DeLaSalle forward Travis Reid (University of Nevada-Las Vegas).

I'm not the only one ass-backwards today.
Who wrote that? I wonder if they got confused by people joking around on here.

Top Bottom