Jarvis Johnson Commits to the U of M #SkiUMah

Yes, in my opinion very much so. With the usual caveats wrt injury, etc.

King and Morris are the presumed starters at PF and wing this year, and will be returning next year. Konate will be the only returning center with experience (As far as we know, Nwankwo could challenge, but how often do you see a true freshman starting at center in the B1G?) And Lofton will be a 22 year old (or 23??) shooting guard who has already been a scorer in D1 and will have had a year to adjust here.

Anything can happen, but I have a hard time seeing a starting lineup next year without those 4 guys.

I like Joey King, but Martin will beat him out at some point this year, and the sooner the better. We need a banger who rebounds and plays physical interior defense. Joey can do a lot of things, but those two areas are not his strengths. Morris reported to Dinkytown four months ago at 6-5/6-6 and 160 lbs. Both were lightly recruited. It's very difficult for a team to improve if you keep trotting the same guys out there. No way either one is a two year starter if our goal is to go dancing.

I like Joey King, but Martin will beat him out at some point this year, and the sooner the better. We need a banger who rebounds and plays physical interior defense. Joey can do a lot of things, but those two areas are not his strengths. Morris reported to Dinkytown four months ago at 6-5/6-6 and 160 lbs. Both were lightly recruited. It's very difficult for a team to improve if you keep trotting the same guys out there. No way either one is a two year starter if our goal is to go dancing.
Welcome back howie wowie. I missed you so. Your unfounded hatred for Morris and King will be a subject of much attention over the course of the year.

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure we have some more recent updates about Morris's progress towards a target playing weight. Don't pull obsolete info to support your agenda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back howie wowie. I missed you so. Your unfounded hatred for Morris and King will be a subject of much attention over the course of the year.

Boo-Boo, I'm a King supporter and I don't hate anyone. So grow up and quit crying wolf.

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure we have some more recent updates about Morris's progress towards a target playing weight. Don't pull obsolete info to support your agenda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His target weight is 195, at last report he was at 181. I don't have an agenda, just opinions. Do you think Coach P. and staff did the happy dance when he reported at 160 to play in the best conference in America?

So college players don't improve the older and more experienced they get?

BTW I'd be surprised if Morris wasn't a 10 and 5 guy this year and a 12 and 6 guy next year with about 1-1.5 steals.

His target weight is 195, at last report he was at 181. I don't have an agenda, just opinions. Do you think Coach P. and staff did the happy dance when he reported at 160 to play in the best conference in America?

Can't we just let the kids come in and play 5-10 games before making any assessments on their ability? What did people expect from Vincent Grier, Paul Carter and Damien Johnson? Nothing. You know why? Because none of us know ****.

Boo-Boo, I'm a King supporter and I don't hate anyone. So grow up and quit crying wolf.

:(

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

King supporter, sure.

If Martin plays so well that he beats King I'll gladly eat crow. But I don't read your posts, nor anyone else on this board, that way. He's not good enough to play on this team per some.

Can't we just let the kids come in and play 5-10 games before making any assessments on their ability? What did people expect from Vincent Grier, Paul Carter and Damien Johnson? Nothing. You know why? Because none of us know ****.

Howiemoron knows everything. He is so smart he could play both roles in a dumb and dumber remake.

The resident basketball forum gypsy with more predictions. Can't wait to hear the updated predictions when these prove to be wrong.

Top Bottom