Pitino: If Gophers want to make NCAA, 'go win at Purdue. Beat Northwestern at home'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Is the goal not to be on the NCAA tournament bubble this season?

Absolutely. But we put ourselves, whether you thought we should've been in or out, we put ourselves in that position. We had an opportunity in 18 league games to win. Go win at Purdue, if you want to make the NCAA tournament. Beat Northwestern at home. Beat Illinois at home. Do those things. So again, I don't necessarily have a goal of doing this or doing that; my biggest thing is we have to improve on turnovers and defending without fouling. Those are the things we worry about. If we take care of those things, then the NCAA tournament will take care of itself.

Will you play Louisville at home next season?

We're talking about it. It's not set in stone, but we have talked about it. If Louisville doesn't happen, we're definitely looking to start a home-and-home with some type of marquee opponent next year. There are so many components that go into scheduling; it's not as simple as everybody thinks. We have to do, obviously, what's best for our fans, but as well we have to figure out what's best for each team moving forward.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_26506240/richard-pitino-if-gophers-want-make-ncaa-go

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Will you play Louisville at home next season?

We're talking about it. It's not set in stone, but we have talked about it. If Louisville doesn't happen, we're definitely looking to start a home-and-home with some type of marquee opponent next year.
Go Gophers!!

I hope so. Hopefully Marcus will save this and call him on it.

Louisville

I hope so. Hopefully Marcus will save this and call him on it.

I assume Louisville coming to the Barn would be part of the Big 10/ACC Challenge. This year the Gophers are on the road and the Cardinals are at home, so it would work out.

I assume Louisville coming to the Barn would be part of the Big 10/ACC Challenge. This year the Gophers are on the road and the Cardinals are at home, so it would work out.

I would think it would be completely separate from the Big 10/ACC Challenge, just as their game this upcoming season against Louisville is in addition to playing Wake Forest.

Who is responsible for the match-ups of the Big 10/ACC Challenge? It doesn't appear that they are predicated by how the teams finished in the standings the year before. Is it all based on national interest?

Big 10/ACC

Who is responsible for the match-ups of the Big 10/ACC Challenge? It doesn't appear that they are predicated by how the teams finished in the standings the year before. Is it all based on national interest?

Jim Delany, John Swofford and Andy Katz.

Top Bottom