4. Mark Landesberger
5. Ben Coleman
C
1. Mychal Thompson
2. Randy Breuer
3. Tom Kondola
4. Jim Brewer
5. John Thomas

Lou Hudson needs to be near the top of one of those lists.

He should be on the SF list. Rychart could easily be replaced by Lou and Lou should be in the top three.

25 players on the all time team?????????

Lou Hudson is in the top three with Thompson and Jackson.

Otis thanks for putting together a list but you are going to get hammered. Al nolen 3rd? My gosh I am guessing you are realtively young but if Al Nolen is 3rd best point guard in any programs history it might be time to just terminate basketball. Mcdonald was clearly better, as was Eric Harris. Lou Hudson is arguably the greates gopher of all time. Whitey Skoog has to be on a list at either PG or SG. Again assuming you are a young guy but how in the world could you think Rodney Williams is a top 25 gopher of all time? Archie Clark has to be on there. Ben Coleman only played here two years and was ok but not a top 25 gopher. Richard Coffey is the best rebounder the Gophers have had that I have seen.

Kevin Burleson was a lot better player then he gets credit for.

add in garmaker and mencel? mencel over nolen

I'd put Mathieu behind only Bobby. Hard to compare PGs across the generations as the position has changed but he is clearly one of the most productive and valuable PGs we've had.

Rodney is in the top ten Gopher scorers of all-time. PG is not a position of strength historically at the U. TI thought about scratching Nolen and putting Andre Hollins in there as Andre is going to rise into the top ten of several records lists with the U if he has a good year. He will take over the alltime free throw leader crown from Willie Burton for sure. The Gophs have also had a lot of combo guards making it hard to categorize them.

The first Gopher game I saw live was in 1976 against the Hoosiers the year Bobby's squad went 32-0. Probably why Thompson, McHale, Saunders and Ray Williams were the first guys I thought of!

Bobby Jackson was not a PG. Eric Harris was the PG on that team.

Grier's junior year alone would put him ahead of Rodney's career.

Sam Jacobson was a SF.

McDonald should definitely be on the PG list.

Fun list to look at, some great memories represented there.

Go Gophers!!

I personally liked Townsend Orr as a point guard better than Al Nolen.

Melvin Newbern would also be up there for me.

Marc Wilson, among several others, certainly ahead of Al Nolen, no disrespect.

Archie Clark would have to be the #1 or #2 SG.

Eric Magdanz would at least make the list at SF.

add in garmaker and mencel? mencel over nolen

Good point. Dick Garmaker was a consensus All-American, has the highest career scoring average for the Gophers, and went on to success in the NBA. Maybe replace Rodney with him. I like Rodney, but I'm not sure he is top 5 at his position material.

The younger you are, the more modern your picks. Picking young teams in all-time best is totally inaccurate.

There is NO WAY Rodney belongs on the list. Period.

Andre Hollins needs to be somewhere on this list. If he averages 15ppg this season over 33 games, He'll be the second leading scorer in Gopher history and top 10 in assists.

Mark Hall, Cookie Holmes, Randy Carter and Vincent Grier would deserve some consideration.

The younger you are, the more modern your picks. Picking young teams in all-time best is totally inaccurate.

There is NO WAY Rodney belongs on the list. Period.

Exactamuno Doc.

The top three are; Thompson, Hudson and Jackson.

The other two are Clark or Ray Williams...........and Burton or Mchale.

and personal favorite - Hosea!

I don't know for sure, but in all honesty, Flip Saunders was the epitome of a good point guard.

Mark Hall, Cookie Holmes, Randy Carter and Vincent Grier would deserve some consideration.

Mark Hall would be the best of the bunch but he invented unlimited long distance before it was legal.:)

Mark Hall would be the best of the bunch but he invented unlimited long distance before it was legal.:)

I disagree, 19. Trent Tucker was asked what his shooting range was. His reply, "In the arena."

I've been a Gophers hoops fanatic since the 1986-87 season, so I don't feel qualified to talk about past greats. My top 5 Gophers since I've been a fan are (regardless of position):

1) Bobby Jackson
2) Willie Burton
3) Voshon Lenard
4) Quincy Lewis
5) Arriel McDonald

Honorable mention to: Randy Carter, Courtney James, Sam Jacobson, Eric Harris, Vincent Grier, Andre Hollins, Dusty Rychart

I've been a Gophers hoops fanatic since the 1986-87 season, so I don't feel qualified to talk about past greats. My top 5 Gophers since I've been a fan are (regardless of position):

1) Bobby Jackson
2) Willie Burton
3) Voshon Lenard
4) Quincy Lewis
5) Arriel McDonald

Honorable mention to: Randy Carter, Courtney James, Sam Jacobson, Eric Harris, Vincent Grier, Andre Hollins, Dusty Rychart

But no mention of Rodney???

I don't know for sure, but in all honesty, Flip Saunders was the epitome of a good point guard.

Doc it is rare for me, but every once in awhile you say something where I am in total agreement with you and go WOW!
Flip was an awesome leader, point guard! Dang, those were fun teams to watch.

Top Bottom