Ongoing Updates of Gophers in NFL - 2014 Season

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
We've got six on active rosters as of today. It would be nice to have a thread dedicated to updating their seasons.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Decker had five catches for 74 yards. Didn't see MarQueis in the game at all, Sherels got crushed on a punt return. Not sure how much the other three played today.

How did Shede do in his game? Did he even play? He isn't on the box score.

per Sid:

Former Gopher Eric Decker also had a great first game with his new team, the New York Jets. Decker caught five passes for 74 yards in a 19-14 victory over the Raiders.

• Meanwhile, former Gophers and NFL rookies Ra’Shede Hageman and Brock Vereen didn’t record any tackles for their respective squads. Hageman’s Falcons beat the Saints 37-34 in overtime and Vereen’s Bears lost 23-20 in overtime to the Bills.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/274699811.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

MarQueis Gray made his Vikings debut today. I'm not sure how many snaps he got, but I did see us target him late in the game and I believe he drew a pass interference penalty on the Patriots.

Go Gophers!!

Decker went down with a hammy injury for the Jets today. When he went out their attack definitely faded. Tough to see him have a fluky injury like that, especially since those tend to linger

Brock Vereen posted two tackles one solo for the Bears.

Chicago Sun-Times: Rookie Brock Vereen stepped up when Bears were in a tight spot

Down three defensive backs in the second half Sunday, the Bears turned to rookie Brock Vereen, who made his NFL debut — and played a position he hadn’t seen since college.

The rookie safety played *cornerback after Charles Tillman left the game with a ruptured right biceps and Sherrick McManis suffered a quad injury. Safety Chris Conte hurt his shoulder diving for an interception in the second quarter.

“It was an opportunity, and I was fortunate to make something of it,” said Vereen, who did not appear in Week 1.

The fourth-round pick blitzed Colin Kaepernick from the nickel spot on one of his 18 snaps in the 28-20 victory against the San Francisco 49ers.

A cornerback and safety in college, Vereen had not played corner in a single Bears practice.

He said defensive backs coach Jon Hoke and his teammates prepared him before every series.

“Coach Hoke as well as the other vets made sure I knew what I was doing and that everybody was on the same page,” Vereen said.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...-bears-were-in-a-tight-spot.html#.VBhHLhafh-Y

Go Gophers!!

Conte left the game again. Vereen took over at safety.

Go Gophers!!

Nice diving pass breakup on third and second for Vereen.

Brock didn't turn his head on that last play.

Vereen breaks up the 4th and 5 pass in the back of the endzone with a minute left in the game. Bears win.

Nice play by Brock to end the MNF game. I was rooting for OT, but was happy to see Brock make that play.

STrib:

Shades of Gray

Tight end MarQueis Gray could play an important role against Atlanta with Kyle Rudolph sidelined for about six weeks after sports hernia surgery. Gray said he’s continuing to work on his blocking ability, but he takes pride in his strong, big hands that make him a viable option in passing situations.

“Just catching everything that comes to me, I’m really big on that,” Gray said. “It’s my strong aspect, so when I drop the ball, I’m really hard on myself about it because I know I can’t do that.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/277164291.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

It will be intersting to see Gray in an expanded role. Especially since he is more of a pass catcher.

Former Gopher Ra'Shede Hageman hopes for happy homecoming with Falcons

They say you can't go home again. Tell that to Ra'Shede Hageman.

The former Gophers star will return home in more than one sense Sunday when the Vikings take on the Atlanta Falcons.

Hageman will return to Minneapolis, the city in which he grew up, and also to TCF Bank Stadium, the plot of land on campus that shaped him over the past four seasons.

"I'm actually living out my dream and playing in the NFL," he said, "and the fact that I get to stomp around on my old turf is something I'm definitely looking forward to."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/c...ashede-hageman-hopes-happy-homecoming-falcons

Go Gophers!!

MN Daily: Old teammates meet up at TCF
Ra’Shede Hageman and MarQueis Gray played against each other on Sunday.

Gray said he and Hageman had discussed playing at TCF Bank Stadium even before the teams had finalized the season’s schedules.

“We’ve been talking about this moment, even before we found out we were playing each other,” Gray said. “Ever since then, when we text, we’ve been throwing in some trash talk.”

After the game Sunday, Gray said that Hageman did attempt to hit him during a play.

“He actually tried to kill me once on kickoff,” Gray said. “[Hageman] tried to hit me, but I was too shifty for him, so he missed me.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/football/2014/09/28/old-teammates-meet-tcf

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I was unable to watch the majority of the game yesterday. Anyone know how much playing time Rashede and Gray got?

I was unable to watch the majority of the game yesterday. Anyone know how much playing time Rashede and Gray got?

All I noticed was that Ra'Shede got plowed on the goal line and MarQueis had a false start. Marcus played decent.

Top Bottom