Clarke, Illikainen, Jarvis, or Grimes?

Well most of us feel that we have a much better chance at getting in-state guys compared to out of state guys. Now we may be able to get better out of state kids than Jarvis and Alex but do you really think that we would be able to get an out of Reid Travis or Rashad Vaughn caliber player? Not right now anyways and most of us just feel that in-state guys are the only way of us having a chance at getting stud recruits thus why they are a priority.

And frankly it doesn't hurt to see actual Minnesotans playing for the University of Minnesota.

Minnesota kids just don't want to play at home right now. We haven't had an early in-state commit in at least 3 or 4 years. So I think some people are just getting sick of trying to pander to them every year. The long term success of this program will be contingent on Pitino being able to recruit nationally, particularly in the NE. Once we get back on track, MN kids will start to buy in. Until that happens though, it almost makes more sense to focus on the NE.

We've got to break through on the too end Minnesota recruits. I think people are panicking a little early on the two that haven't committed yet.

Losing out on Minnesota recruits to our conference rivals hurts us two ways.

We've got to break through on the too end Minnesota recruits. I think people are panicking a little early on the two that haven't committed yet.

What if Alex and Jarvis sign at a rival leaving them with no scholarships to sign more highly rated recruits? Couple that with our signing of more highly rated recruits and I call that helping us in two ways. Alex and Jarvis are talented, but isn't the point of recruiting to bring in better talent than the competition? Regardless of where they are from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't lose if we get better players. We win because we recruited better players here, and the other Big Ten schools lose because our players are better than the ones they got.

We don't lose at all in such a scenario.

We don't lose if we get better players. We win because we recruited better players here, and the other Big Ten schools lose because our players are better than the ones they got.

We don't lose at all in such a scenario.

Well we might not be able to get better players if they aren't the top in-state kids.

Well we might not be able to get better players if they aren't the top in-state kids.

Correct. I already qualified that in a previous post. Dorsey is better than Johnson. If we get Dorsey and Wisconsin gets Johnson them we win twice. We get a better recruit than Johnson at the same position as Johnson, and we get a better recruit than Wisconsin at the same position.

Top Bottom