High Performance Academy - Everything Must Go!

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty wild to see everything go. If you're in the market for high-quality basketball floors, goals, scoreboards.. or even a pretzel warmer.. good opportunity for you.

That's all I've got for this topic for this board.

Wow, interesting. It always seemed like way too much gym for that location and for the use it had. If they wanted an "academy" it needed to be closer to the metro and with more training areas, not just four courts and a big concession area. It will be interesting where HP sets up shop now.

very interesting. thanks for posting.

EYBL will still be here. The Pulley crew will now be using a facility in Maple Grove that is used and maybe owned (not sure) by the youth basketball association up there. The NIKE people have already come and toured it, and gave their approval for the spot in the future.

HPA was owned (or leased) by a lady who used to be a CEO of a major company. She did not renew that lease. Hence the move

Maple Grove? yuck. Even longer trek from the south metro. They should try and use the Colin Powell Center or something.

Nice. I'm game for the Maple Grove facility. Right by where I grew up and way closer to me than Eagan.

If they bring back the Pulley pro am league hopefully they use a real gym meant for more than 50 spectators.

This. Ryan - does this mean they could have summer league in MG? Or is there any chance they bring anything back to the SAL?

They didn't have the summer league with the college kids I'm told because it's a complete hassle in terms of paper work and everything NCAA related. And when they do all that, and see guys barely showing up to play, the effort/payoff just hasn't been there

They didn't have the summer league with the college kids I'm told because it's a complete hassle in terms of paper work and everything NCAA related. And when they do all that, and see guys barely showing up to play, the effort/payoff just hasn't been there
Boo. Move it to a venue that allows a bigger crowd and the players will show.

Boo. Move it to a venue that allows a bigger crowd and the players will show.

I don't know, even when at the Salvi, the Gopher player attendance faded big time after the Boone/Grier days were over. Some showed up a couple times, there were some regulars, but it wasn't consistent at all.

I don't know, even when at the Salvi, the Gopher player attendance faded big time after the Boone/Grier days were over. Some showed up a couple times, there were some regulars, but it wasn't consistent at all.
Who didn't show up? I didn't start going to the Sal until after Grier was gone and I can't remember a time that the gopher I wanted to see didn't show.

Top Bottom