Road Trip: Michigan

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
Our annual away game trip this year is to Michigan, the Big House. The first year road trip we did with this group was in 2005 to Michigan, when we beat them. There will be 12 of us. I am still not sure we would be doing this annual trip with all these guys if we didn't win that first game.

We will be heading to the Little Brown Jug bar for sure after the game. Was a great time the last time we were there. Any other good spots/bars to hit up in Ann Arbor?

I also have 3 extra tickets if anyone is interested. I would sell them for less than face value if anyone is interested.

Ski-U-Mah!
LittleBrownJug_UMN-300x189_medium.jpeg

Suggested eateries and establishments:

Jolly Pumpkin: Decent food, good beer from a local brewpub.
Vin Bar: New wine bar cooperative between a few Michigan wineries. More uptown, less Dinkytown, but if you're into that, it would be worth a stop.
Zingerman's: A good deli. Oh, who am I kidding, a freaking great deli. Go there, enjoy sandwiches. You will not be disappointed.

Cool. My group is doing the Ann Arbor trip as well this year. I'll be reading this thread for suggestions as well.

Our annual away game trip this year is to Michigan, the Big House. The first year road trip we did with this group was in 2005 to Michigan, when we beat them. There will be 12 of us. I am still not sure we would be doing this annual trip with all these guys if we didn't win that first game.

We will be heading to the Little Brown Jug bar for sure after the game. Was a great time the last time we were there. Any other good spots/bars to hit up in Ann Arbor?

I also have 3 extra tickets if anyone is interested. I would sell them for less than face value if anyone is interested.

Ski-U-Mah!
LittleBrownJug_UMN-300x189_medium.jpeg

The bar is called the Brown Jug, not the Little Brown Jug,FYI

Zingerman's Roadhouse is better than the Zingerman sandwich place, go there instead.

If I was still younger I'd say go to Rick's but I certainly wouldn't go there anymore.

The bar is called the Brown Jug, not the Little Brown Jug,FYI

Zingerman's Roadhouse is better than the Zingerman sandwich place, go there instead.

If I was still younger I'd say go to Rick's but I certainly wouldn't go there anymore.

Good call on the Brown Jug. We went to Rick's the last time we were there, but that was also 9 years ago. Was a fun time, but we are probably too old for that. I say probably because we may end up there again.:cool:

Lots of brewpubs in Ann Arbor: Grizzly Peak, Blue Tractor, Jolly Pumpkin, Arbor, Wolverine State. That's my wheelhouse - not places like Rick's. Brown Jug and Ashley's are the happy mediums.

The way I got over the 58-0 beatdown during our last visit was by climbing Mount Nacheesmo.

Pretty pumped about the 2:30 pm ct start time.

What about tailgating? We tailgated at the Pioneer High School on the North side and had an awesome time last time. Any better place to tailgate?

Pretty pumped about the 2:30 pm ct start time.

What about tailgating? We tailgated at the Pioneer High School on the North side and had an awesome time last time. Any better place to tailgate?

Golf course is the other major tailgate spot, right across from Pioneer

can somebody take me with? This road trip just sounds better and better all the time

Lots of brewpubs in Ann Arbor: Grizzly Peak, Blue Tractor, Jolly Pumpkin, Arbor, Wolverine State. That's my wheelhouse - not places like Rick's. Brown Jug and Ashley's are the happy mediums.

The way I got over the 58-0 beatdown during our last visit was by climbing Mount Nacheesmo.
You didn't happen to go to the burger joint that was on that show? The one where they yell at you if you don't order the right way.

The last time I was there (the 2008 Barnyard road trip), the Big House was under construction, and most of us on the trip ended up at the Brown Jug after the game. Any place outside of this state that prominently displays the Minnesota M in many places is fine by me.

Can you still smoke in bars in Michigan after 10 PM? I found that strange.

Our crew is going, and I'll be following the thread.

It's road trip week for this guy. Who all is going?

Golf course is the other major tailgate spot, right across from Pioneer

I heard golf course is $40 to park. Anyone know how much the high school is? I've seen some smaller places online for $20, but that's about the best I've found.

Anyone flying in for the game, does anyone know if their is a hotel that shuttles from DTW airport and to the football games.

I am flying in for the game. So pumped. Staying at friends place and have transportation. Where is the Gopher pregame tailgate gonna take place?

Yeah the tour is cool :)
If anyone is going on Friday evening there is a old school supper club/hotel about 3 miles from Michigan Stadium called Webers. Their food was decent. Wish I could make the trek! Bring back a winner!!

I am flying in for the game. So pumped. Staying at friends place and have transportation. Where is the Gopher pregame tailgate gonna take place?

Not sure there's an "official" pregame tailgate, but if it's anything like previous years, there will be fans at the high school and golf course, you should be able to walk around and commiserate and make friends with your neighbors. Most Michigan fans have been amiable when I've been there (probably more so this year because their team is a dumpster fire).

FYI when it comes to the high school, the portajohn situation is horrendous (if it's anything like last year). You'd think for $50 a car they'd get something better, but, no.

Top Bottom