All Things Jonathan Nwankwo Thread - He's a GOPHER!!!

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Figured this guy deserves his own thread. He's on campus right now and has been browsing the forum. I would love to see him end up in this class.

I got here yesterday, but my official visit starts today. Feel free to say hello if you see me on campus or around town.View attachment 2862

Yeah, you guys have been real cool. Been reading the blogs to check out the fans and you guys have been great. Although it would have been nice to get an "all things Jonathan Nwankwo" page. J/K

He does have the second most votes in our latest poll.

I think Nwankwo will commit this wknd based on what he's said about how much he likes us. Could be wrong, but l almost prefer him over AI because of his size. I think we need someone to rebound and put a body on someone. Alex doesn't physically look like he's going to box anyone out in the BIG.. Also, we'll have plenty of shooters in Lofton, Mason, Dorsey, McBrayer. Almost wonder how much interest the Gophers have. Does Alex even have a visit set up yet?

:clap:

I love how he finishes with authority. Wish EE (and even Mo) could finish like this guy.

Beast. Could definitely see him developing into a Mbakwe - type player.

I was thinking the same thing. We don't have anybody like him on the roster right now. Would be another really nice signing.

I love how he finishes with authority. Wish EE (and even Mo) could finish like this guy.

My thoughts exactly...it's awesome how he goes up strong and finishes with two-handed throwdowns. Tough for defenders to block and will get more foul calls that way.

My thoughts exactly...it's awesome how he goes up strong and finishes with two-handed throwdowns. Tough for defenders to block and will get more foul calls that way.

notsobigmo better fix that this year.

and while we got a captive audience....

JN can you just tell us your height with/without shoes, how long your wing span is, if your doctor told you have room to grow, how much you weigh pre-bowel movement and post bowel movement this morning, whats your favorite breakfast food and cartoon character....

These are things we will argue about for the next 12-18 months until you touch the court, if you could just clear that up for us right now that would be greaaaaat......

JN can you just tell us your height with/without shoes, how long your wing span is, if your doctor told you have room to grow, how much you weigh pre-bowel movement and post bowel movement this morning, whats your favorite breakfast food and cartoon character....

These are things we will argue about for the next 12-18 months until you touch the court, if you could just clear that up for us right now that would be greaaaaat......

Lmao! I got you later. Tour is starting. Phones off.

Haha at first I thought you were serious. Then I continued reading.

EDIT: Still hope he answers though (minus the bowel movement question ha)

Love how it seems like it's guaranteed points when he gets the ball under the hoop. Players basically have to risk injury if they want to try to block him.

Jonathan, you look like you run the court well and finish with authority! It would be a pleaure to see you in Marroon and Gold on the raised floor!

For those who don't know a lot about me, here's what I do on the court:

http://youtu.be/gIX6ZJPMgr4

First off, we'd love to have you at the U. Second of all, what can you tell us about the ref at 1:20 of that video? His hairstyle choice instantly makes him one of my favorite people in the world.

Welcome to Minnesota JNBall. I hope you have a great visit. We'd love to see you in maroon and gold.

Help build a legacy of greatness with Coach Pitino, Jonathan! Gopher basketball is a sleeping giant that's just starting to wake up. I hope you'll be part of it.

First off, we'd love to have you at the U. Second of all, what can you tell us about the ref at 1:20 of that video? His hairstyle choice instantly makes him one of my favorite people in the world.

Jonathan! Welcome to town.

Wow. Just wow.

db9xy.jpg

Wow! You run the court, have great hands, nice touch around the basket, block and dunk w/ authority. Like others have stated, you have clear skills and size that Minnesota needs. Did I mention the roster spots that open up after our big men E and Mo graduate after this year? Wish you the best and hope you enjoy your visit.

Do you have a basketball moniker? Some entertaining ones below.

Dikembe "Mt." Mutombo
Darrell "Dr. Dunkenstein" Griffith
Moses "Chairman of the Boards" Malone
Charles "The Flyin Coke Machine" Barkley
"Thunder" Dan Majerle
Kevin "The Big Ticket" Garnett
Sam "Big Smooth" Perkins
Robert "The Chief" Parish
Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon
David "The Admiral" Robinson
Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Come to Minnesota. Get big and strong.

DSCN0571.jpg

Just to be clear, we don't wear Viking skirts in Minnesota anymore. However, the big Viking guy in the picture was on Coach Shaun Brown's conditioning program for only six months.

Top Bottom