Sporting News: Legendary coach Bob Knight uninjured after collision with cow

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sporting News:

Retired college basketball coach Bob Knight escaped injury when his vehicle struck a cow on a dark northern Wyoming highway.

Trooper Brad McConnell says the impact caused the air bag on the 2012 Ford Expedition to deploy and severely damaged the front end. The vehicle was totaled.

Knight told McConnell that he never saw the cow, which was among several that wandered onto the roadway in an open range area.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...rash-indiana-hoosiers-head-coach-espn-analyst

Go Gophers!!

How is the cow doing?

I heard the cow survived the accident just fine. But then General Bobby got out of his vehicle and mercilessly berated it until it cowered in the ditch. The cow was eventually put down due to the acute emotional trauma it suffered. :p

Next question...Did Coach Knight have a chair along to throw?

This kind of thing doesn't surprise me. I've driven those roads at night out west in places like Wyoming, west Texas, etc. off the interstate. It's crazy...pitch black, literally in the middle of nowhere, and you can drive for hours without seeing a single other car.

Someone needs to put reflectors on those darn cows. Nearly hit several in Montana on a road in open range country a few years ago - we were swerving between cows doing 50 mph as cows wooshed by our car windows, funny now, darn scarry then.

I didn't know it was possibly to uninjure someone. Maybe I should run into a cow to see if I can uninjure my bad shoulder.

EDIT: I know it's technically the correct usage of the word, but it sounds wrong.

Next question...Who was more pissed, Coach Knight or the cow?

Top Bottom