Game Strategy

I would have liked Mitch to have more attempts and completions. However, there really was no need for it since we were running up the score. At 6 touches I lose complete interest in the stats. Things were working on offense and defense.

There are always things to work on and I believe Coach Kill and company know what they needed to do to prepare for the game Saturday. The season is a progression of deliberate and well thought out plans that get refined. You first have to get rid of the misconception that on game 1 you need to be at end of season form. If we were at end of season form on game 1 would mean there could be no expectation of improvement and that would put the team at a severe disadvantage. As a fan, I always expect that things get better on execution from here. The question that concerns me every year is whether or not we improve at a faster rate than the competition. From experience and observation, I would say the team does grow faster than most teams.

I would have liked Mitch to have more attempts and completions. However, there really was no need for it since we were running up the score. At 6 touches I lose complete interest in the stats. Things were working on offense and defense.

There are always things to work on and I believe Coach Kill and company know what they needed to do to prepare for the game Saturday. The season is a progression of deliberate and well thought out plans that get refined. You first have to get rid of the misconception that on game 1 you need to be at end of season form. If we were at end of season form on game 1 would mean there could be no expectation of improvement and that would put the team at a severe disadvantage. As a fan, I always expect that things get better on execution from here. The question that concerns me every year is whether or not we improve at a faster rate than the competition. From experience and observation, I would say the team does grow faster than most teams.
13 quarters without a td at the end of last year I think confirms we may have more to worry about with the O. I hope I'm wrong.

13 quarters without a td at the end of last year I think confirms we may have more to worry about with the O. I hope I'm wrong.

Different team. Different year. Different experience. Different depth. Let's concentrate on this year and compare year over year when the year is over.

I don't really care what we do against the weak opponents so long as we beat them. However, the last two years we looked really sluggish when we first saw real competition, so I will be annoyed if we aren't ready to hit the ground running against TCU and the conference schedule.

I've also been disappointed with how slow we have started the B1G season.... I'm hoping playing a quality opponent like TCU will change this because we NEED to win our early B1G games this year...

Michigan cleaned out it's play book against Appalachian State. Not seeing the " vanilla offense " scenario in regards
to not showing everything to TCU. Plus, didn't our coaches visit TCU a couple of years ago to check out their offensive
schemes? I'm sure information was shared on both sides. Limegrover is as conservative as Herbert Hoover.

I love threads like this, because it is made abundantly clear who understands football and who doesn't.

Top Bottom