Gray a Viking

Will be interesting to see how they plan to use him since he will be on the active roster at least initially. Always great to see a former Gopher come home, hopefully he will be in a position to see some quality playing time as well.

MarQueis is a nice pickup for the Vikings, I was really surprised when the Browns cut him. Due to Manziel mania, I was able to see a number of the Browns preseason games and MarQueis was running with the first team often. I thought he was the Browns best offensive skill player in at least one game and he showed very nice versatility in lining up in the backfield and catching a pass on an out route and then on another play he lined up on the line and got open down the seam (and Tyler Thigpen hung him out to dry with a high ball that ended up with MarQueis being checked for a concussion).

On the negative end, I saw the fumble he had in the preseason, but I didn't feel like it was particularly terrible. It happened near the sideline as MarQueis was going down, the defender hit the ball with his helmet (if I remember correctly). It was more of a tough play than a sign that a player is fumble prone.

MarQueis is a nice pickup for the Vikings, I was really surprised when the Browns cut him. Due to Manziel mania, I was able to see a number of the Browns preseason games and MarQueis was running with the first team often. I thought he was the Browns best offensive skill player in at least one game and he showed very nice versatility in lining up in the backfield and catching a pass on an out route and then on another play he lined up on the line and got open down the seam (and Tyler Thigpen hung him out to dry with a high ball that ended up with MarQueis being checked for a concussion).

On the negative end, I saw the fumble he had in the preseason, but I didn't feel like it was particularly terrible. It happened near the sideline as MarQueis was going down, the defender hit the ball with his helmet (if I remember correctly). It was more of a tough play than a sign that a player is fumble prone.

He also fumbled in the third game but it under further review he was already down.

Great news. This puts Gophers back to 6 players in the NFL. Eric Decker, Marqueis Gray, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marcus Sherels, Matt Spaeth, and Brock Vereen.

Aaron Hill could still get a practice squad spot somewhere. Some teams have not signed anyone to practice squad yet including the team that he was with. (Rams)

Norv didn't pick up MarQuies to see him cut again. He has a plan for him.

Great news. This puts Gophers back to 6 players in the NFL. Eric Decker, Marqueis Gray, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marcus Sherels, Matt Spaeth, and Brock Vereen.

Aaron Hill could still get a practice squad spot somewhere. Some teams have not signed anyone to practice squad yet including the team that he was with. (Rams)

You could maybe say 6 1/2 with Tramaine Brock.

Norv didn't pick up MarQuies to see him cut again. He has a plan for him.

Yep the fact that they used a waiver claim on him means they see a spot for him on the 53 man roster. Otherwise they would have waited and tried to sign him to the practice squad. Would think they will work him into the special teams for sure with his size/speed but hopefully he becomes a part of the offense as well.

Checked the Vikings website this morning and it looks like 'Quies will be wearing #87.

Nice to have Sherels and Gray on the Vikings roster. They'll be great motivators and influence for the current Gophers that playing on Sundays is achievable through hard work and good attitude. Welcom back Marquies Gray!

Nice to have Sherels and Gray on the Vikings roster. They'll be great motivators and influence for the current Gophers that playing on Sundays is achievable through hard work and good attitude. Welcom back Marquies Gray!

Welcome home, Q!

He'll definitely be at home this year and next in TCF!

A Cold Homecoming

for Gray and Vereen when they meet at TCF bank December 28

Bwdgdc8CEAAOyO-.jpg

Top Bottom