Mitch Leidner and David Cobbs comments on today's Sports Huddle

DL65

Reaction score
Here are some quotes by Mitch Leidner and David Cobb from this morning’s Sports Huddle.

1) Mitch Leidner on his play against EiU: “Had some jitters . . . have to keep improving.”

2) Sid asked if he expected to be starting quarterback when he was recruited by the Gophers: “I was originally being recruited as a tight-end . . . almost moved to linebacker . . . Switch (to quarterback) after one day at camp.”

3) David Cobb said it was a visit to Minnesota that sold him on coming to the U. He also said his parents liked and were sold on Coach Kill.

4) David Cobb reportedly said the Gophers would go 12 and 0. Sid asked him about that statement: “Every team wants to go 12 and 0 . . . take one game at a time.”

5) Sid asked if they’ve broken down film on Middle Tennessee: Cobb said, “We haven’t broken down film (yet) . . . One step at a time . . . They have athletes.”

6) Both Leidner and Cobb spoke positively about the strength and conditioning program at the U: Leidner - “Hats off to the staff.” Cobb said that he didn’t have the best eating habits when he arrived at the U, but the Gopher staff corrected that personal deficiency. (Both comments reflected similar remarks by Coach Kill.)

7) In describing Berkley Edwards, David Cobb said Edwards is a “phenomenal player . . . He’s hungry – chip on shoulder (wasn’t offered by Michigan)."

8) As far as their academics, Leidner expects to receive his degree next spring and Cobb said he’ll gradate in December.

9) On this year’s recruiting class, Cobb said, “This year’s freshmen class is very mature.”

10) Dave Mona asked about the depth at quarterback and his running the ball: “Less run plays called (EIU game) . . . I don’t need to run as much . . . Enjoy watching the backs run . . . excited about (our) tight-ends.”

11) Since he practices against the Gopher defense, David Cobb was asked for his assessment of the team’s defense: “Front seven can run and DBs are very good.”

Go Gophers

Thanks!

Does anyone know if this is going to be a regular thing, having a player or two on the show?

Here are some quotes by Mitch Leidner and David Cobb from this morning’s Sports Huddle.

1) Mitch Leidner on his play against EiU: “Had some jitters . . . have to keep improving.”

2) Sid asked if he expected to be starting quarterback when he was recruited by the Gophers: “I was originally being recruited as a tight-end . . . almost moved to linebacker . . . Switch (to quarterback) after one day at camp.”

3) David Cobb said it was a visit to Minnesota that sold him on coming to the U. He also said his parents liked and were sold on Coach Kill.

4) David Cobb reportedly said the Gophers would go 12 and 0. Sid asked him about that statement: “Every team wants to go 12 and 0 . . . take one game at a time.”

5) Sid asked if they’ve broken down film on Middle Tennessee: Cobb said, “We haven’t broken down film (yet) . . . One step at a time . . . They have athletes.”

6) Both Leidner and Cobb spoke positively about the strength and conditioning program at the U: Leidner - “Hats off to the staff.” Cobb said that he didn’t have the best eating habits when he arrived at the U, but the Gopher staff corrected that personal deficiency. (Both comments reflected similar remarks by Coach Kill.)

7) In describing Berkley Edwards, David Cobb said Edwards is a “phenomenal player . . . He’s hungry – chip on shoulder (wasn’t offered by Michigan)."

8) As far as their academics, Leidner expects to receive his degree next spring and Cobb said he’ll gradate in December.

9) On this year’s recruiting class, Cobb said, “This year’s freshmen class is very mature.”

10) Dave Mona asked about the depth at quarterback and his running the ball: “Less run plays called (EIU game) . . . I don’t need to run as much . . . Enjoy watching the backs run . . . excited about (our) tight-ends.”

11) Since he practices against the Gopher defense, David Cobb was asked for his assessment of the team’s defense: “Front seven can run and DBs are very good.”

Go Gophers

I saw them walking around the fair today. I hope that Sid gets a ride to the fair but how he manages working at his age is remarkable.

Best part was at the very end when (apparently) someone from the audience asked them to guess Sid's age. Leidner guessed 85 and Cobb guessed 91. LOL.

Top Bottom