Badger Passing Offense

We are the ones with a Wisconsin thremed thread at the top of our board.

I actually am a little jealous of them. They T it up against LSU and we against FCS both with a lot of questions we kinda look like crap and they are giving it to LSU. Wouldn't bug me as much if we still had UNC on the schedule and $800K.

I actually am a little jealous of them. They T it up against LSU and we against FCS both with a lot of questions we kinda look like crap and they are giving it to LSU. Wouldn't bug me as much if we still had UNC on the and $800K.

Huh?

I'm actually a little jealous of NDSU too watching Vraa, et al tear it up while we get to see Freuchte not get open all night. Just wish we would for once come out firing on all cylinders like a lot, a lot, of teams seem to be able to do with "pups" playing all over the place. I think our o coordinator and QB coaches are sub par and the proof is kinda in the puddin'. Thank god for our d coaches they are the best in the business.

I'm actually a little jealous of NDSU too watching Vraa, et al tear it up while we get to see Freuchte not get open all night. Just wish we would for once come out firing on all cylinders like a lot, a lot, of teams seem to be able to do with "pups" playing all over the place. I think our o coordinator and QB coaches are sub par and the proof is kinda in the puddin'. Thank god for our d coaches they are the best in the business.

Alcohol is good for you

Good points. No highly ranked teams have struggled today. They all come out firing on all cylinders.

Silver lining...Badger passing game looks worse than the Gophers. Granted its against LSU but not one receiver has gained any separation all game. Great game to increase the perception of B1G though.

Can you list some of these teams that came out firing on all cylinders in week one with a lot of "pups"? I bet if I made a list of those who were not firing on all cylinders in week one, my list would be substantially longer than yours.

I agree their passing game is horrible but their defense has been outstanding, especially against the run. That is LSU's bread and butter and they can't get anything, even with one of WI's best lineman out.

Their defense, running game and special teams have looked great. They could be in the mix for a playoff bid. If they hold on to this one it will carry some serious weight.

I agree their passing game is horrible but their defense has been outstanding, especially against the run. That is LSU's bread and butter and they can't get anything, even with one of WI's best lineman out.

Really surprising how well they have held up against the run..with the injury and how undersized they are comparatively to LSU.

Can you list some of these teams that came out firing on all cylinders in week one with a lot of "pups"? I bet if I made a list of those who were not firing on all cylinders in week one, my list would be substantially longer than yours.

I thought Saban said it best by tearing into the media in the post game. He said the game played out how he expected. Said the had a QB, all LBS, and others that had never played in a game start. He and media knew it, but media ignores it and he worries about it.

Week #1 is the least game planning teams do all year and it showed. Today was preseason, but you still have to win.

That's the thing I don't buy into the pups idea with our squad. Our OL has all third year kids and above and if our TE were as bad at the point of attack as advertised they all have tons of experience. The receivers who played like the Caledonian flash, KJ, et al have played a ton. Our RBs are all upperclassmen and Leidner has been on campus forever. Our D is playing some younger kids but our O has enough experience to play a heck of a lot better than we did. Let's shift gears just a bit; how mant times under Limegrover et al has our O looked really good. Less than 5 for sure.

That's the thing I don't buy into the pups idea with our squad. Our OL has all third year kids and above and if our TE were as bad at the point of attack as advertised they all have tons of experience. The receivers who played like the Caledonian flash, KJ, et al have played a ton. Our RBs are all upperclassmen and Leidner has been on campus forever. Our D is playing some younger kids but our O has enough experience to play a heck of a lot better than we did. Let's shift gears just a bit; how mant times under Limegrover et al has our O looked really good. Less than 5 for sure.

What's your definition of really good? If it's having 20+ first downs and 400+ yards of offense while scoring at least 34 points, then we did that four times last year alone.

I'm not making excuses for the offense, they haven't been good but you're being way over dramatic. A redshirt sophomore who has thrown less than 100 career attempts is not someone who has been around forever.

The point is, lots of teams that, on paper, should be better than us had much worse week ones than the Gophers. It's not uncommon at all.

What's your definition of really good? If it's having 20+ first downs and 400+ yards of offense while scoring at least 34 points, then we did that four times last year alone.

I'm not making excuses for the offense, they haven't been good but you're being way over dramatic. A redshirt sophomore who has thrown less than 100 career attempts is not someone who has been around forever.

The point is, lots of teams that, on paper, should be better than us had much worse week ones than the Gophers. It's not uncommon at all.

After the game being able to think to myself that our offense sure was sharp today. Almost nonexistent in the Limegrover era.

All five of our TD's Thursday were scored by sophomores and freshmen not named Maxx.

I actually am a little jealous of them. They T it up against LSU and we against FCS both with a lot of questions we kinda look like crap and they are giving it to LSU. Wouldn't bug me as much if we still had UNC on the schedule and $800K.

Yup, boy, I sure am jealous of Becky's 0-1 record while we sit here with our pathetic undefeated season thus far. I wish we would've been the ones to lose the first week.

I look back fondly on the months and months when you didn't post. I long for those days again.

Wisconsin lost, you guys!!! Bless you, Gary Anderson. Keep trying to put 'your stamp' on this program. Your offense looks sharp!

The biggest problem with McEvoy is their receivers couldn't get open. Some deep throws looked alright, right in step with the wideout but knocked away by LSU defenders.

It took LSU 3 quarters to figure out the Badgers linebacker movement in regards too blocking assignments. Plus, I
don't think they were ready to " play " in the first half. Did you hear Miles comments on the field before heading in at the half?

Wisconsin lost, you guys!!! Bless you, Gary Anderson. Keep trying to put 'your stamp' on this program. Your offense looks sharp!

This would all be so much sweeter if it were happening to Bielema. But I will take it.

The biggest problem with McEvoy is their receivers couldn't get open. Some deep throws looked alright, right in step with the wideout but knocked away by LSU defenders.

This is true, but he missed some passes too. Like the Gophers learned last year the Badgers will learn that you can't win many big games if all you can do is run - no matter how good you can run.

Wisconsin lost 2 DL and it became apparent that LSU could then run at will. Wisconsin looked out of sorts and I will chalk it up to first game and competition being LSU

Top Bottom