Reaction score
Mine:

Cobb 50%
Edwards 35%
Jet Sweep other (Jones) 5%
Williams Jr. 5%
Kirkwood 4%
Cole Banham 1%

I know everyone is excited about Edwards (I am too) but I don't think it should be that high at this point. Among the RBs, I'd like to see Cobb get about 20 carriers, Edwards 5-10 with a few screens, and Williams 5-10.

BERK's long TD run was a thing of beauty. He clearly has the talent, but not the size to be a workhorse. 35% might be too high. The extra from there and the Kirkwood/Banham carries go to Nugget. He needs more than 5% IMO.

I'm at:

Cobb - 65%
Williams - 15%
Edwards - 20% (plus catches out of the backfield)
Kirkwood, Maye, Banham - 0% (but I would be fine with giving them carries in a blowout)

Is 80% Cobb too much? ha

I'm at:

Cobb - 65%
Williams - 15%
Kirkwood, Maye, Banham - 0% (but I would be fine with giving them carries in a blowout)

It just feels sooo much better when they give the ball to Cobb. And last year in the money moments the coaches did ride him
relentlessly. I hope they will do the same this year and I expect they will. If he doesn't get tackled in the backfield he almost always makes it a positive play or a motivational play that picks up the whole team/crowd. It's obvious he wants the dang ball!
I like Williams too as a grinder, bruiser. His cut on the pass catch was sweet.
Berkley had 4 carries and scored twice. He gained 60 yards in those 4 carries. So he needs opportunities and seemingly more than four
but I think he still has to earn 20%.
Donavahn Jones needs a sweep or two per game in the right situation.
Donnell had 2 carries for minus 3. On that one Adrian probably loses -3. But two is enough imo
So ya, pretty similar to your script.

I'm at:

Cobb - 65%
Williams - 15%

Agree. I wouldn't change anything about this distribution. Cobb should still be the main guy, he's clearly our best all-around back.

It just feels sooo much better when they give the ball to Cobb. And last year in the money moments the coaches did ride him
relentlessly. I hope they will do the same this year and I expect they will. If he doesn't get tackled in the backfield he almost always makes it a positive play or a motivational play that picks up the whole team/crowd. It's obvious he wants the dang ball!
I like Williams too as a grinder, bruiser. His cut on the pass catch was sweet.
Berkley had 4 carries and scored twice. He gained 60 yards in those 4 carries. So he needs opportunities and seemingly more than four
but I think he still has to earn 20%.
Donavahn Jones needs a sweep or two per game in the right situation.
Donnell had 2 carries for minus 3. On that one Adrian probably loses -3. But two is enough imo
So ya, pretty similar to your script.

I agree...even 65% feels low for Cobb. I want it higher. I want to make sure he stays fresh for a long season of grinding, though. And it is nice to have your sledgehammer (Rodrick Williams) wear down the D a little bit so your lightning (Berkley Edwards) can turn the corner on some tired legs.

I appreciate Kirkwood's contributions over the years, but I just don't see anything that he brings to the table that isn't done better by someone else. And we aren't trying to develop him for a role down the road, either. I'm fine with him and Banham getting work in mop up duty, but not when the outcome of the game is in question.

I'm very curious to see how this rebalances next year with Jeff Jones in the fold, and Cobb gone. If I had to take a totally out of my @$$ stab, it would be:
Jeff Jones - 35%
Rodrick Williams - 35%
Berkley Edwards - 25% (again, with a healthy dose of screens and splitting him out wide)
Rodney Smith - 5%

Top Bottom