Other Big Ten Games: Week One

Add Rutgers, too.

As unimpressive as the Gophs win was, it is in the top four Big Ten performances thus far this week.

I srill don't understand why people say our Gopher win was unimpressive. We were up 35-0 mid 4th quarter. I would say that is impressive.

I srill don't understand why people say our Gopher win was unimpressive. We were up 35-0 mid 4th quarter. I would say that is impressive.
Because football today is all about passing yards. People don't care about defense and think running the ball is antiquated.

How far we come....I remember when edging U of Miami of Ohio was a sigh of relief now 42-20 is "average"
The ever rising expectations of this team is what makes the these discussions fun. I saw things I liked and I saw things that make me thankful it's week 1. I have faith Kill & co will coach to the issues. I want to see some great offensive drives vs MidTen that will build excitement for TCU.

Gee i would hope we could be up 35-0 on EIU. It is more or less expected. We beat New Hampshire who was a top 15 FCS team IIRC by 42-7 yet we only won 2 B1G games that year. Even though we were up 35-0 some people just believe that we could have lost to some average Big Ten team's by playing the way we did on Thursday. To me beating FCS teams by 50, 60 to nothing where are third strings can still score at will on them is truly impressive. 35-0 is the standard.

Nebraska's Jordan Westerkamp makes a behind the back catch. Amazing. Will be replayed on many highlight reels. Ameer Abdullah will run for 300+ by the time he is done today.

Gee i would hope we could be up 35-0 on EIU. It is more or less expected. We beat New Hampshire who was a top 15 FCS team IIRC by 42-7 yet we only won 2 B1G games that year. Even though we were up 35-0 some people just believe that we could have lost to some average Big Ten team's by playing the way we did on Thursday. To me beating FCS teams by 50, 60 to nothing where are third strings can still score at will on them is truly impressive. 35-0 is the standard.

With our history, it isn't for most people and it is understandable why. Some people seem to have the attitude that the college football landscape is like it was 10-20 years ago where 70-0 was not out of the ordinary. It's just a lot more rare now days.

It's because I care about the Gophers first, plain and simple. Wisconsin losing helps us more than them winning does. We recruit directly against them. It's different with teams like Ohio St. and Michigan St., we don't battle with them very often, if ever. But we do with Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and Illinois.

The reputation of the Big Ten isn't what it once was, but it's still one of the top conferences in the country. WI losing doesn't affect that a whole lot.

I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion? I know WI and IA fans that would love it if we went 0-12. I know a Michigan fan who always says cheering for Ohio St. is like cheering for the Soviets. I highly doubt our fan base is any different than most others.

This.

Alabama pulls it out in the end and beats WVU 33-23. Good fight by them though.

Clemson and Georgia with a good one so far. 21-21 with 0:44 to go in the 1st half. Pulling for Clemson.....if simply just to knock the sec down a few more notches.

Cal's win over Northwestern is their first FBS victory since October 2012.

Not good site to see, as Wisconsin Konrad Zagzebski is injure and be lifted onto a Stretcher. Hope he is ok.

Not that it really matters, but was Zagzebski once committed to MN? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah Wiscy looking good against LSU

Well - I guess we should all get ready for Wisconsin to be in the final four. LSU sucks tonight, by the way. If this is all their offense has, they might not win a game in SEC.

Wisconsin looks bigger, faster, stronger than LSU.

But, but.. the SEC has better athletes says every announcer ever.

(I agree with you)

Wisconsin's downfield passing game is atrocious. Unfortunately for their opponents, Wisconsin may not need it this year.

Albeit nice to have, but all Wisconsin has is Gordon. LSU is either hung over , or they're pretty bad. There offensive
line is extremely slow. The Becky QB McVoy is a horrible passer. Becky may end up using Stave on passing situations. Stop the run and you beat Becky.

Albeit nice to have, but all Wisconsin has is Gordon. LSU is either hung over , or they're pretty bad. There offensive
line is extremely slow. The Becky QB McVoy is a horrible passer. Becky may end up using Stave on passing situations. Stop the run and you beat Becky.

Sorry man but they look really good. They're laying a full-scale beatdown

Yeah wisconsin looks like they will have another great season. When all the tide turn? Ever?

Albeit nice to have, but all Wisconsin has is Gordon. LSU is either hung over , or they're pretty bad. There offensive line is extremely slow. The Becky QB McVoy is a horrible passer. Becky may end up using Stave on passing situations. Stop the run and you beat Becky.

Lol. Stop the run. Brilliant game plan.

Are you watching the game? Wisconsin is destroying them? Outside of the two miscommunication wis WR, he's been best QB on the field. Alvarez started a machine and I hate it!

Are you watching the game? Wisconsin is destroying them? Outside of the two miscommunication wis WR, he's been best QB on the field. Alvarez started a machine and I hate it!

Rupperts post had all kinds of wrong in it but he is right about McVoy. He's 5 of 14 for 33 yards through the air.

LSU doesn't look as strong as they usually are but you still have to give a lot of credit to WI. It's been a beat down. LSU keeps trying to pound the ball and they're having no success. They need to keep throwing it down field.

Top Bottom