Other Big Ten Games: Week One

stocker08

Reaction score
Figured that it wouldn't hurt to have a thread dedicated to our conference brethren. Let's talk some Big Ten football!

Rutgers still appear to have some defensive issues.....but their offense was clicking on all cylinders last night. That was a very impressive road win for a team that was expected to be a bottom feeder. Congrats Knights! Welcome to the Big Ten!

MSU looks unstoppable. I know....they are playing an FCS team....but they are making it look too easy. 21 points in the first quarter (glad I took the over of 49). The third touchdown goes to a fellow named AJ Troup. A 2010 graduate out of Plymouth who somehow made his way onto the Spartans. It was an impressive play. Cook is looking elite right now.

Holy hell......MSU's Nick Hill just busted off a top ten run.

Penn State in a battle with UCF. Good game.

What a throw/catch by UCF. UCF leads 24-23 with 1:13 left. If UCF plays Holman the whole game this is a blowout.

Didn't realize how much I love Northern Iowa! Keep it up boys - right in this one.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

Wisconsin vs. LSU

It would be great for the Big a Ten if Wisconsin beats LSU tonight. But how many of you Gopher fans can bring yourself to cheering for the skunks? I will cheer for the Big Ten every time.

Wisconsin vs. LSU

It would be great for the Big a Ten if Wisconsin beats LSU tonight. But how many of you Gopher fans can bring yourself to cheering for the skunks? I will cheer for the Big Ten every time.

I can't bring myself to cheer for wisconsin. I just can't.

Wisconsin vs. LSU

XMan, I agree with you. Big 12? Go NDSU VS Iowa State.

Can't watch the game cuz I'm driving, but is Ohio St really having that hard of a time putting big points on the board vs Navy? Or is Navy playing really well?

Nope. Hopefully Wisconsin keeps it close (for the Big Ten's sake) but there's no way I could bring myself to cheer for them in this game.

Looking more forward to next week's Oregon vs Michigan State game where you can sure as hell bet I'll be rooting for Sparty.

tOSU scored early in the 3rd, but Navy answered back. 14-13 Navy lead.

Can't find any coverage to watch the game.

Can't watch the game cuz I'm driving, but is Ohio St really having that hard of a time putting big points on the board vs Navy? Or is Navy playing really well?

Their freshmen QB looks brutal. Losing Miller really hurts.

Wisconsin vs. LSU

I want the red weasels to get curb-stomped so bad that the outcome casts doubt on their entire team for the entire year.

Youngstown on top of Illinois 9-7 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

Wisconsin vs. LSU

+1

I hate the scum of the SEC way more than I hate Wisconsin and love the Big 10 more than I hate Wisconsin as well. Most Big Ten fans can put aside their differences and unite against a common enemy in the SEC, even OSU fans seem to have rooted for Michigan against Alabama, but for some reason it seems to me that we are the only fan base that doesn't give a schidt about the Big Ten's reputation.

for some reason it seems to me that we are the only fan base that doesn't give a schidt about the Big Ten's reputation.

Because reputation doesn't make a damn of difference to me as a Gopher fan. If it was like the old days and we could get invited to a better bowl because the Big Ten was stronger, then I'd understand. But bowl bids are assigned in advance, and I couldn't care less what the talking heads have to say about conference strength.

I hope Wisconsin loses by 100.

I really haven't been impressed with the B1G so far. MSU, UM, and obviously the Gophers (in the 2nd half) took care of business. The other teams struggled against teams they should have crushed.

I really haven't been impressed with the B1G so far. MSU, UM, and obviously the Gophers (in the 2nd half) took care of business. The other teams struggled against teams they should have crushed.

Add Rutgers, too.

As unimpressive as the Gophs win was, it is in the top four Big Ten performances thus far this week.

+1

I hate the scum of the SEC way more than I hate Wisconsin and love the Big 10 more than I hate Wisconsin as well.

It's because I care about the Gophers first, plain and simple. Wisconsin losing helps us more than them winning does. We recruit directly against them. It's different with teams like Ohio St. and Michigan St., we don't battle with them very often, if ever. But we do with Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and Illinois.

The reputation of the Big Ten isn't what it once was, but it's still one of the top conferences in the country. WI losing doesn't affect that a whole lot.

Most Big Ten fans can put aside their differences and unite against a common enemy in the SEC, even OSU fans seem to have rooted for Michigan against Alabama, but for some reason it seems to me that we are the only fan base that doesn't give a schidt about the Big Ten's reputation.

I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion? I know WI and IA fans that would love it if we went 0-12. I know a Michigan fan who always says cheering for Ohio St. is like cheering for the Soviets. I highly doubt our fan base is any different than most others.

Nebraska and Maryland taking care of business.

Northwestern getting thumped by Cal. 24-7 at half.

Top Bottom