Other Big Ten Games: Week One

Outside of the two miscommunication wis WR, he's been best QB on the field.

Honestly, that's not saying much judging by tonight's game:

Tanner McEvoy 5/14 33 2.4 0 0
Anthony Jennings 6/16 164 10.3 1 0

Rupperts post had all kinds of wrong in it but he is right about McVoy. He's 5 of 14 for 33 yards through the air.

LSU doesn't look as strong as they usually are but you still have to give a lot of credit to WI. It's been a beat down. LSU keeps trying to pound the ball and they're having no success. They need to keep throwing it down field.

His legs are going to be huge in Big Ten with option and they seem to be great on defense. His passing can only improve. He isn't very good going deep, I agree.

LSU just needs to open it up a little more. The running game is getting them nothing.

Gordon was caught from behind on a long run. Must be slow as hell. :cool02:

McElroy makes Leidner look like Tom Brady. Granted receivers up vs an allegedly good SEC secondary. He's an effective runner.

Melvin Gordon was a damn fool to come back this year. They are going to ride him into the ground.

We'll see if the Wisc defense holds up in the 4th quarter.

Not that it really matters, but was Zagzebski once committed to MN? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, he was committed to the Gophers at one point. Here were his "solid as oak" statements about it, 3 months before he de-commited. "I don't care who else offers, I want to be a Golden Gopher," and "The way I see it Wisconsin and everyone else had their chance. I just want to be at Minnesota. My decision is over."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?3016-Konrad-Zagzebski

Are you watching the game? Wisconsin is destroying them? Outside of the two miscommunication wis WR, he's been best QB on the field. Alvarez started a machine and I hate it!

Again, you people love selective reading. Let me put it in CAPS so you people understand.
A. LSU EITHER HAS A HANGOVER, OR THEY'RE THAT BAD....
B.THE BADGERS HAVE GORDEN. CLEMENTS IS NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS WHITE.
C.WHAT WISCONSIN WIDE RECEIVER HAS STOOD OUT? NO ONE!
D.MCEVOY COULDN'T PUT THE BALL IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN!.
E.LSU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WISCONSIN DEFENSIVE LINE STUNTS .
BOTTOM LINE: THE WAY LSU PLAYED IN THE FIRST HALF I CAN THINK OF 10 TEAMS THAT PLAYED TODAY
WHO WOULD BEAT THEM. LET'S SEE IF THEY WAKE UP.....

Two starting badger d-linemen injured vs LSU

Watching the wisconsin-LSU game and saw that senior defensive end Konrad Zagzebski and senior nose tackle Warren Herring (both badger starters) left the game with neck and knee injuries, respectively.
If they miss significant playing time, this could help balance out the loss of Ekpe when we visit Camp Randall.

Middle Tennessee State posted a 61-7 victory over Savannah State. 9 TDs wow!

In all fairness, who wouldn't score 61 against Savannah State? Let's take a look...
In 2013...
Georgia Southern scored 77
Troy scored 66
Miami scored 77
Bethune-Cookman scored 48
S Carolina State scored 45
Howard scored 42
NC A&T scored 41

But Savannah State did post one win in 2013. That win was against D2 Fort Valley State.

(Edit: They have had one win every season since 2010. In 2009, two wins! Gosh, I think I just found a new team to root for.)

This post was brought to you by boredom and beer.

(Edit: Edit: I just noticed this was already discussed in the correct thread that I, apparently missed. Ha ha.)

Again, you people love selective reading. Let me put it in CAPS so you people understand.
A. LSU EITHER HAS A HANGOVER, OR THEY'RE THAT BAD....
B.THE BADGERS HAVE GORDEN. CLEMENTS IS NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS WHITE.
C.WHAT WISCONSIN WIDE RECEIVER HAS STOOD OUT? NO ONE!
D.MCEVOY COULDN'T PUT THE BALL IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN!.
E.LSU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WISCONSIN DEFENSIVE LINE STUNTS .
BOTTOM LINE: THE WAY LSU PLAYED IN THE FIRST HALF I CAN THINK OF 10 TEAMS THAT PLAYED TODAY
WHO WOULD BEAT THEM. LET'S SEE IF THEY WAKE UP.....

As u can see I just said that to jinx them.

We haven't forgotten Zags. Not at all.

Wisky with 50 yards passing. Ha, ahh, that's fun.

Do they put Stave in if they get the ball back? It doesn't appear that they will have any kind of a passing game with McEvoy.

Fell asleep on the couch with Becky up 2 td's...wake up to see them down 4. I MISSED THE BEST PART OF THE GAME!!!!

Clement has nearly as many carries as Gordon. Are they just saving him for the Big Ten season?

Classic Sconnie, blowing a non-conference game they were dominating. Their new QB looks god awful. Gordon will win them a number of games this year though.

That will do it. LSU will beat Wisconsin in Houston.

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with LSU either. I don't think either of these teams are top 15 right now...

Wow! Piss...down...leg. Couldn't happen to a better program. And bulemic got blown out late as well, nice!

I wonder how Wisconsin bounces back from this. I was impressed by how well they did against LSU while getting absolutely nothing from the passing game, but that Gopher-like collapse is new territory for the Badgers. Obviously don't feel sorry for them, and hope this is just the beginning of a real new era for Badger football.

BadgerNation appears to be down. Hard to enjoy the misery of your rival when they can't even keep their forums online...

Top Bottom