Meaningless 4th preseason Vikes TV ratings destroy Gophers season opener

Doogie has seemingly taken the baton as resident Gopher-hater lately in our media...he probably feels it's his best chance at someday landing a real job. This was nothing more than a pathetic jab...just like his Carlberg tweet.

Doogie has seemingly taken the baton as resident Gopher-hater lately in our media...he probably feels it's his best chance at someday landing a real job. This was nothing more than a pathetic jab...just like his Carlberg tweet.

+1

I would be curious to know what the 54+ demo was. I'll bet it was more in favor of the Gopher game.

Sarcasm?

All we know is that, much like the overall number, it wasn't as bad as the one quoted, otherwise they would have been used.

"Come on, move along, move along. Nothing to see here."

Sarcasm?

All we know is that, much like the overall number, it wasn't as bad as the one quoted, otherwise they would have been used.

"Come on, move along, move along. Nothing to see here."

No, serious. We always hear how the vast majority of fans at a Gopher game are 50 or above.

Because he tweeted out the ratings? Wow. He even pointed out the two main points that would have it skewed so much. Regardless, no matter how you perceive the ratings, the pre season game crushed the Gopher game, so I don't know how he's a hater for tweeting out the facts.

Because he tweeted out the ratings? Wow. He even pointed out the two main points that would have it skewed so much. Regardless, no matter how you perceive the ratings, the pre season game crushed the Gopher game, so I don't know how he's a hater for tweeting out the facts.

Some people are a little overly sensitive. Either that or we're back on 'kill the media' agenda again.

A NFL game albeit an exhibition, on over the air TV, got better ratings than a college game featuring a FCS (D1-AA) team, on a tiered cable channel? This was news? Doogie was surprised by this? Wonder why only the "Peak 25-54" was used? :eek:

It's the biggest news that I've seen yesterday.

Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! Since Doogie began at Channel 5, they've done more Gopher football features than all other networks combined.

This is a non-story. Preseason or no, an NFL game on an over-the-air network is always, ALWAYS going to beat a college game on BTN against Eastern Illinois. In the eyes of the public, these early-season games against North Penisbutt State are every bit as meaningless as a preseason game that literally doesn't count.

Still, it's good to see our fanbase's raging inferiority complex toward our regional pro franchise is alive and well.

The games are dismissed as meaningless because the Gophers lost in the ratings. Had the won, would it have been hailed as a great turning point for the program?

This is a non-story. Preseason or no, an NFL game on an over-the-air network is always, ALWAYS going to beat a college game on BTN against Eastern Illinois. In the eyes of the public, these early-season games against North Penisbutt State are every bit as meaningless as a preseason game that literally doesn't count.

Still, it's good to see our fanbase's raging inferiority complex toward our regional pro franchise is alive and well.

South Penisbutt State rules! North Penisbutt State sucks! Go SPS! :p

Top Bottom