Besides the actual game...

I took the LRT from DT SP (10th St Station) at 4:44 and it got to the Stadium right on time just after 5:10 (which is contrary to my other few experiences on the Green Line where poor signal timing in St Paul delays it a bit). As others have stated, I'm not sure how 1) giving yourself 1 hour during rush hour from MOA knowing posted schedule times was enough, and 2) what your alternative was given rush hour/parking time/walking time if you planned on being in Bloomington-ish area at 5 PM and making it to your seat before kickoff. Oh well. I waited for my wife (she had to drop the kid off at home for a babysitter then head back in via bus/LRT) to arrive for 40+ minutes by the station and every train that came by dumped probably 200+ people off.

As for the experience.. I was extremely disappointed, once again, by season ticket holders and general fans not attending the game. The student section was nearly 100% full, and they look over at general seating and see prime spots on the 50 yard line completely wide open. It sends a message to them what people in this metro think of Gopher Football.

My concession stand was a little slow (138/238 area) at the end of the first quarter - hot dogs were in very short supply and I waited at the counter for 5 minutes for the cashier to finally get one. No trays (she gave me a cardboard box, which helped). But the food was good and I agree the cheese curds are improved somehow. Overall just felt like another game, and the athletic dept has clearly gotten into a groove on handling gameday crowds (even if it was a bit slim last night).

Student section was great.

I noticed less tacky sponsorships as well.

TV timeouts are BRUTAL. They seem longer this year.

The break between the 3rd and 4th quarter remains my favorite non-game part of the day. Whoever puts the music together does a terrific job. Pure fun.

Student section was great.

I noticed less tacky sponsorships as well.

TV timeouts are BRUTAL. They seem longer this year.

The break between the 3rd and 4th quarter remains my favorite non-game part of the day. Whoever puts the music together does a terrific job. Pure fun.

Yeah, I couldn't believe neither team entered the Case-IH Red Zone all game!

Top Bottom