YOU'VE SEEN GAME #1...HAVE YOUR OPINIONS CHANGED FOR THE SEASON?

You will not know anything about how my Gophers will compete against other Big Ten/B1G teams until they start playing Big Ten/B1G teams in head to head competition. While all of you will be focused on the TCU game, it really is useful only if it is a Gopher win and can help my Gophers to win all of the cup-cake out of conference games in 2014. By itself, that TCU non-conference game really will say nothing about the strength of this team. It is only a part of the time-tested formula for becoming bowl worthy. All four of the cup-cake out of conference games MUST be won OR, it becomes totally necessary to win MORE than two conference games to be invited to the mandated bowl game. Without that bowl game invitation, the coach puts himself in jeopardy with the media and the core fan base of failing to go bowling. That is a mortal sin for a coach in the Big Ten/B1G Conference.

You will know if my Gophers are a Big Ten Conference competitive worthy team when the first CONFERENCE game has been completed on September 27th in the Big House on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. This will be the KEY game and will indicate whether my Gophers can compete in Conference play well enough to win the 3 or 4 Conference games they will need for a decent bowl game invitation. It will also be an excellent indicator of the ability of this coaching staff to take their team into the stinking badger's camp on the 29th of November and end the madness by bringing the AXE with them when they fly home to Sky-U-Mah following that fateful Conference match-up. SHOW UP for that game in Ann Arbor in 2014 Golden Gophers! That game is more important than the fan-base here at GOPHERHOLE can possibly imagine. I think that bringing the JUG back home to Minneapolis just MAY be the key to ending the madness in madtown... to giving my Golden Gophers the confidence, self-belief and mental-toughness to beat the stinking badger in the stinking badgers camp.

Wren, the only way anyone knows anything, is play the damned games. I said in one sentence what you babbled about in two. L. O. N. G. Paragraphs.

GO GOPHERS!!! BEAT THE STINKING BADGERS!!! WHO HATES IOWA!!!

Shut up and drink don..

Quit freaking trying to tell other people what they ought to do. Just how good a job have you done with things don?

People are going to do things and say things in their own way don.

So, just shut up and drink...Do that "town drunk" act thing that you try to do all the time, don.

I'll say things the way I say things.

I predict that whoever ends the game with the most points will almost always win.

My theory based on my hypothesis that Gophers are winners.

Game 1. Victory. Hypothesis is proven to be predictive. :p

Game 2. Test the law of Gopher victories against new opponent

Repeat the process another 11 games.

Shut up and drink don..

Quit freaking trying to tell other people what they ought to do. Just how good a job have you done with things don?

So, just shut up and drink...Do that "town drunk" act thing that you try to do all the time, don.

You are such a miserable old prick.

There is a reason you've been banned here so many times, and I am completely sick of you being here.

And you do realize that while you're saying "Quit freaking trying to tell other people what they ought to do..." you go on to tell people what to do all the time.

You're a hypocrite and a crybaby. Act your age.

By itself, that TCU non-conference game really will say nothing about the strength of this team.

If you believe this, then you are either not paying attention, or lack the capacity to understand.

I agree with a lot of the disappointments in ML7, the O-Line, etc....but the score with 7 minutes left was 35-0...so as far as complaints, any I have generally feel like nit-picking. I think we can all agree that while EIU is not a great FCS team, but we have lost to worse teams in the recent past. I feel like the team has gotten over a "hump" when it comes to playing inferior opponents on their non-conference schedule seeing that Thursday was our 9th straight non-con win.

http://winpostsports.com/2014/08/29/ditching-the-david-complex-gophers-handle-underdog-at-home/

Wren, the only way anyone knows anything, is play the damned games. I said in one sentence what you babbled about in two. L. O. N. G. Paragraphs.

GO GOPHERS!!! BEAT THE STINKING BADGERS!!! WHO HATES IOWA!!!

Not only are they L. O. N. G., they are same old crap he has been posting forever. After he did it for the 100th time it no longer had any meaning! Maybe he should look up obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Describe walrus/wren in one word:

For me - obnoxious.

Shut up and drink don..

I have been duly scolded by wren, and wanna know something? It doesn't bother me one iota because he is such a bs' er. I love the guy.

When I read the things wren says to and about me, I always think, "from most people, that would be an insult. Coming from wren, it's a compliment." :cool02::cool02::cool02:

Meh. Wren doesn't bother me. Probably along with 90% of GH......I simply skip pasts the posts after reading one sentence. I don't need to read the same thing written in ten to fifteen different sentences.

why cant it be our gophers wren? its always MY gophers do this or that. So irritating. Were all here because we love the gophers. So please, syntax and semantics matter . Most especially on the internet.

I agree with a lot of the disappointments in ML7, the O-Line, etc....but the score with 7 minutes left was 35-0...so as far as complaints, any I have generally feel like nit-picking. I think we can all agree that while EIU is not a great FCS team, but we have lost to worse teams in the recent past. I feel like the team has gotten over a "hump" when it comes to playing inferior opponents on their non-conference schedule seeing that Thursday was our 9th straight non-con win.

http://winpostsports.com/2014/08/29/ditching-the-david-complex-gophers-handle-underdog-at-home/

I hear ya. We do find ways to beat inferior opponents, which is a good first step.

Top Bottom