any word on injuries?

Go4

Reaction score
we had a few guys go down. any word on the post-game on the severity or are we in the "we'll reevaluate tomorrow" mode?

we had a few guys go down. any word on the post-game on the severity or are we in the "we'll reevaluate tomorrow" mode?

I will a make a wild stab at this and say we are in the "we'll reevaluate tomorrow" mode. Just a lucky guess on my part.:rolleyes:

Ryan Burns tweeted that Scott Ekpe may have torn an ACL. Not good.

It looked like R Williams pulled a hammy on a late kickoff. We could really use him healthy this year.

All per Ryan Burns:

Very likely that Ekpe tore his ACL, would get a redshirt year.

Keith sprained his knee, may miss a few games.

Travis broke his hand and will more than likely be wearing a club all season.

Not sure on Timms, could just be a deep bruise.

Man if Ekpe is out we're hurting big time inside.

Man if Ekpe is out we're hurting big time inside.

D-Line is definitely an area we can't afford to lose guys so that would be a big blow. Hopefully it is just a sprain for Keith as he was playing very well last night and looking like someone that could really help out this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also hearing that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gopher?src=hash">#Gopher</a> safety Damarius Travis broke his hand last night. I don't think he'll miss much time though with a hard cast.</p>— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI/statuses/505420272619384833">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcus: Gophers football: Opening D-Line starters Ekpe and Keith injuries worrisome

Gophers football coach Jerry Kill seemed worried Sunday about the leg injuries to his defensive line, especially starters Scott Ekpe and Alex Keith.

A serious injury to either player would overshadow an impressive showing by the defense in Thursday’s 42-20 victory against Eastern Illinois. There were no updates from Kill as to how badly both were hurt, but Ekpe’s appeared more severe during the game.

Keith, Ekpe and sophomore Yoshoub Timms were scheduled to get an MRI on Friday.

“You can’t lose any front line players and be where you need to be,” Kill said Sunday. “To be successful, you have to stay healthy. You have to be lucky. Hopefully, we’ll get lucky on this deal.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...g-dl-starters-ekpe-keith-injuries-worriesome/

Go Gophers!!

Marcus: Gophers football: Opening D-Line starters Ekpe and Keith injuries worrisome

Gophers football coach Jerry Kill seemed worried Sunday about the leg injuries to his defensive line, especially starters Scott Ekpe and Alex Keith.

A serious injury to either player would overshadow an impressive showing by the defense in Thursday’s 42-20 victory against Eastern Illinois. There were no updates from Kill as to how badly both were hurt, but Ekpe’s appeared more severe during the game.

Keith, Ekpe and sophomore Yoshoub Timms were scheduled to get an MRI on Friday.

“You can’t lose any front line players and be where you need to be,” Kill said Sunday. “To be successful, you have to stay healthy. You have to be lucky. Hopefully, we’ll get lucky on this deal.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...g-dl-starters-ekpe-keith-injuries-worriesome/

Go Gophers!!

Sunday? Marcus got the game day right and the MRI schedule right, but he must have had a few too many and thought yesterday was a Saturday.

Sunday? Marcus got the game day right and the MRI schedule right, but he must have had a few too many and thought yesterday was a Saturday.

I'll bet you thought this was ESPN chatboard?

Now I am worried about the defensive line and linebackers.

We do not look like we have a lot of depth at linebacker right now as things got really hairy when Wilson was not in the games and he had his quad/hamstring wrapped up the whole second half. They are going to need the Poock kid to be healthy and play by the time game number four roles around.
Timms #52 looked like he will be OK once the pain and swelling go down, live play, he got rolled up on from that fumble play from behind, kind of looked like he might have hyperextended the knee getting rolled on so this might be just a sprain. Keith #9 I'm hoping just a sprain but he was limping noticibly even though he toughed it out. He # 9 was one of the best playmakers at defensive end last night. Keith showed some tremendous hand strength ripping that football loose.

Epke he looked to have gotten stuck so if it isn't ACL tear I would be surprised, it's a shame too because #97 has game experience and can string out the run. This is going to hurt the defensive tackle depth a lot. Both Stetler and Ndondo-lay have some skill speed wise, but they are really light guys if either of them tops out at 240 to 250 pounds I would be surprised. Both look like strong guys but they lack bulk and mass that you need in the big 10 conference.
Botticelli #46 is going to have to be an ironman and we are going to need some good fortune to keep him completely healthy.

All of the Freshman lineman looked like baby deers, scared and not knowing what to do with their hands or even how to get in the way and fill a gap, especially #87 Elmore the guy they moved from tight end, he looks light as could be, and doesn't have a lot of enthusiasm for playing the defensive end spot. He has the tools height wise and arms wise, but the kid looks to have no desire to be on defense. You could kind of tell he did not want to be out there last night and really did not know how to beat a block or had fight at all.

What about Issac Hayes speaking of offensive lineman with some defensive tackle experience at least HS wise, he is a big dude and could really clog the middle at St Thomas Academy, if there talking about trying some offensive guys in this spot
Hayes woud be the first person I would try at D line. I would sooner move Hayes there if they do not have an interest in moving Legania back to that spot. We need some more bulk up front or this could get ugly at the defensive tackle spot. In the Big 10 sometimes mass does kick a$$.

We need to get DTs & MLBs every recruiting class. Critical injuries can derail an otherwise promising season. We haven't even start the B1G.

Everyone is acting like its the end of the world when we don't even have the accurate injury report yet. It was the first game and the guys that are just a little banged up and will be back in a few weeks will be back in time for the B1G games. Our defense was SOLID, 2 injuries shouldn't totally derail it. Oh... who am I trying to kid.... this isn't good. The only teams we couldn't handle last year were the power run teams and losing our middle dline and a linebacker (when we were already thin) will not help us one bit against the two teams I really really really really want to beat (wisconsin and iowa)...

Top Bottom