Video of Eastern Illinois player hitting Zac Epping in the groin

After seeing Epping flip out in the Texas Tech game I'm surprised he kept his cool after that.

After seeing Epping flip out in the Texas Tech game I'm surprised he kept his cool after that.

OR
After seeing Epping flip out in the Texas Tech game I'm wondering what he did to cause this. :)

OR
After seeing Epping flip out in the Texas Tech game I'm wondering what he did to cause this. :)

After they threw the guy out and before I saw the replay, I told my wife Epping had to be involved in some way, haha.

Reminds me of Joe Hawley of the Falcons. The guy that Ra'shede punched. Especially wit the beard.

there is no place for that kind of play in football. maybe a game suspension after the game that the player does this might do the trick.

OR

Good point. He reminds me of Conrad Dobler. I'm guessing he instigated something before the cheap shot.

Sick, stupid, classless, childish, cheap and dirty BUT ya

Hey, that was pretty dainty if you ask me.

If you are going to be a disgusting embarrassment to your team then actually get your money's worth and put something behind the punch.
Almost grade school like? Very immature. Wouldn't want him on my team. I'd have more respect for him if he HIT him.

Looks like the EIU kid is a future Detroit Lion to me...

OR

This was not something that "just happened". There was a lot that led up to it. The EIU guy (Grugier-Hill) who is a line backer was getting frustrated with not being able to get through Epping. One run by Cobb (I believe in the 2nd Quarter) the two didn't stop after the whistle. Fast forward to 3rd Quarter. Epping did a pancake block on this guy about 15 yards from the ball. The pancake block was a thing of beauty!

I did not see the groin shot as I was watching from the wrong angle, but I did see everything that led up to it. Epping is a beast but did nothing wrong except play aggressive football.

Epping needs to cool his jets. He will get a reputation. He pancaked a guy near the sideline in the 2nd, 20 yards from the ball and could have been a foul. I like being nasty, but being smart is important to.

Epping needs to cool his jets. He will get a reputation. He pancaked a guy near the sideline in the 2nd, 20 yards from the ball and could have been a foul. I like being nasty, but being smart is important to.

I'm a big fan of these kinds of ironies. Thanks for the chuckles.

Grugier-Hill also had the personal foul(late hit/block) on the punt in the 1st quarter that Epping starting to run after him. I believe he also had the no-call late hit out of bounds on Leidner. Definitely was playing a little too aggressive yesterday.

OR

Nothing Epping gets dished back at him ever surprises me. I'm sure he gets his shots in.

I love Epping, he's straight up nasty out there. Nothing wrong with pancake blocks away from the ball as long as the whistle hasn't blown yet.

Grugier-Hill also had the personal foul(late hit/block) on the punt in the 1st quarter that Epping starting to run after him. I believe he also had the no-call late hit out of bounds on Leidner. Definitely was playing a little too aggressive yesterday.

That no call on the late hit was terrible. He was easily 2-3 yards out of bounds.

Although they did miss an obvious knee down on the Berkley Edwards pass also.

"Q" and Epping had a nice little exchange about "The Incident":

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How you feeling bro <a href="https://twitter.com/Epp_52">@Epp_52</a> just seen what happened!! &#55357;&#56834; <a href="https://t.co/0Gr0e1DFXr">https://t.co/0Gr0e1DFXr</a></p>— MarQueis Gray (@MarQueisG) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarQueisG/statuses/505359142761283585">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom