Pirsig

EIU was a good barometer for the OLine. Their Defense is rank up there even though they are an FCS school. They routed San Diego State last year and also have a high scoring offense averaging mucho points.

These preseason games are good for our young pups in both offense & defense. They will know how far they have to go in order to be B1G caliber when it is all said & done. The sooner we can throw them into the fire early in the season the better for the team as a whole.

The one other thing about the EIU game is that there wasn't much on film to prepare for leading up to the game. I think that makes it difficult to work through all the different fronts and stunts the OL/TE group could expect to see. That said... I thought their Maryland-I was too slow to stretch outside like it did.

I was impressed with the shifts and motions they started in the second half (without any penalties) and the advantages they were able to capitalize on with them. Didn't seem like EIU adjusted much at all to the formation changes. Hope that's a sign of things to come this season as having the chalk late in the play clock is huge.

Top Bottom