Who is your Gophers MVP in the season opening win over Eastern Illinois?

• Alex Keith

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Berkley Edwards

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Mitch Leidner

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Maxx Williams

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Eric Murray

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Two fumble recoveries in a game is huge! Great job Keith!

Went Murray. Was in lock down mode all game. He's looking poised for a big season. Love his physicality out there

special team play - big difference in the game

Went with Murray, excellent in coverage and had the big blocked punt that felt like the play that put the game away.

This.

Having Santoso as the kickoff guy for the next four years (hopefully) will be huge.

I was going to throw out some love for Santoso too. Sure, the KO's were great but those first few XP's can be nerve-wracking. Nice to see him drill all of them up the pipe, and it doesn't look like he hooks the ball (like a lot of K's that started as soccer players). I REALLY was hoping he would get a FG attempt out of the way tonight too but hopefully next week. I would rather his first meaningful FG attempt were NOT on the road at TCU if at all possible. I'm sure he'll get a few attempts next week.

many different guys that stepped up including the secondary locking the recievers down, Leidner hitting recievers in stride and making some nice throws, along with the RBs punishing the defense. Berkley Edwards is one guy that stuck out though at the end of the game, that kid has some go in him for sure.

Who voted Mitch Leidner? He was abysmal last night. Wow.

Kicking game was outstanding. Changed the game with punts and touch backs.

Has to be Murray. Blocked punt and blanket coverage. EIU passed all night, but stayed away from Murray's side. And for good reason (not that the other options were much better). Folks need to start recognizing that EM is one of the top 2-3 CB in the B1G. He has NFL written all over him.

I would love to see our corners press a little more...they left 10 yard cushions all night besides Murray. They picked us apart plenty of times.

I would love to see our corners press a little more...they left 10 yard cushions all night besides Murray. They picked us apart plenty of times.

Not sure we were watching the same game. I watched it again last night and the CBs were playing press coverage more than half the time.

Top Bottom