Henry Ellenson names top 3

GopherCountry

Reaction score
Per Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel online:

Rice Lake senior Henry Ellenson, rated as one of the top five power forwards in the country, apparantly has narrowed his choices to three schools, including Marquette.

Reggie Rankin, a longtime college coach and recruiting analyst for ESPN, tweeted than Ellenson has Marquette, Kentucky and Michigan State in his final three.

The Golden Eagles got an inside edge this summer when they accepted Ellenson's brother, Wally, as a transfer from Minnesota. Wally Ellenson told me he'd like to play with his brother but that Henry has his own choice to make.

For Marquette to make the final three is something of a coup for new coach Steve Wojciechowski. Besides Kentucky and Michigan State, Ellenson has offers from Duke, North Carolina, UCLA and Georgetown, among others.

Glad he's not going to Bucky. If I don't hear of the Ellenson's again that's fine.

Henry doesn't deserve his own thread on the GopherHole. I'd love to see him end up at Kentucky with the Woj then having Wally on scholarship for 3 years (including this year) with no golden ticket attached to him.

Henry doesn't deserve his own thread on the GopherHole. I'd love to see him end up at Kentucky with the Woj then having Wally on scholarship for 3 years (including this year) with no golden ticket attached to him.

The acceptance of Wally was very puzzling to me other than the obvious. If Woj plays a similar style to Coach K, where does Wally fit in? Can't shoot, isn't a pick and roll type, doesn't play defense. If Woj continues to play a similar style that Buzz utilized at Marquette, then yeah I can see him filling a need of a athlete who can get rebounds (maybe!) and run the court (maybe).

Top Bottom