Other Games Thread: Week One

I know it is Washington State and not Oregon or Stanford, but that win by Rutgers was impressive. That offense isn't easy to play against and you have the big time zone difference. Rutgers really stepped up and represented the Big10 well. That kid the Knights have at running back is the real deal. Good job Knights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read up on that game. I have to laugh a bit. The folks that were hell bent on Leach to succeed Brewster went on and on how he'd sell out The Bank, but WSU only drew around 39,000 last night in their loss to Rutgers. So much for people wanting to watch touch football.

I just read up on that game. I have to laugh a bit. The folks that were hell bent on Leach to succeed Brewster went on and on how he'd sell out The Bank, but WSU only drew around 39,000 last night in their loss to Rutgers. So much for people wanting to watch touch football.

The game was played in Seattle.

The game was played in Seattle.

True but they only averaged 29,000 a game last year. I know their stadium only seats 33,000, but still. I don't think Leach has been the big hit on the field and in the stands that people thought he would be. At least not yet.

Syracuse scored a TD on a fake field goal in 2OT. Villanova scores on their possession, goes for two, runs a QB draw and gets stuffed. Syracuse escapes with a one point win.

Keep in mind the game last night was in Seattle at the Seahawks stadium, so tough for students to get there (although I'm sure they had a bunch of shuttles). Off campus games 45 minutes away aren't as well attended.

True but they only averaged 29,000 a game last year. I know their stadium only seats 33,000, but still. I don't think Leach has been the big hit on the field and in the stands that people thought he would be. At least not yet.

A significant part of the stadium was closed off last year for expansion which may have affected the numbers somewhat- and the fact Pullman is in the middle of nowhere. Leach did not overly endear himself to the locals early but he appears to be gaining support after last years results.

Keep in mind the game last night was in Seattle at the Seahawks stadium, so tough for students to get there (although I'm sure they had a bunch of shuttles). Off campus games 45 minutes away aren't as well attended.

Shuttles? 45 minutes away? Pullman is a good 4 1/2- 5 1/2 hours from Seattle my friend.

Shuttles? 45 minutes away? Pullman is a good 4 1/2- 5 1/2 hours from Seattle my friend.

Sorry, I watched the game and I thought that was what they said (obviously I was wrong). So I didn't bother looking it up. Explains the lack of fans even further.

Anyone watching the Ireland game?

I am. UCF's new QB is terrible, they are in trouble if they can't find someone to do just a decent job replacing Bortles. Hackenberg looks good. If he had better players around him I think he'd be in the heisman discussion. That's how talented he is. That said, our secondary would shut him down again :)

I am. UCF's new QB is terrible, they are in trouble if they can't find someone to do just a decent job replacing Bortles. Hackenberg looks good. If he had better players around him I think he'd be in the heisman discussion. That's how talented he is. That said, our secondary would shut him down again :)

I was trying to figure out why they were already playing. I'm going to go turn it on.

WTF why are they playing the game in Ireland? Are home games going to be a thing of the past?

I'll bet there are a lot of fans of both teams that would like to watch the game in person.

Amazing catch by Lewis for Penn St. What concentration!

PSU up 6 with 3:30 to go. Central Florida with a chance to drive down and win it.

4th down throw and catch at the 5 by UCF!

James Franklin's game management is completely bush-league, however it looks like Penn State will win.

It's so nice to see a team playing meaningless football show so much heart :p

Top Bottom