Other Games Thread: Week One

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Texas A&M now up 45-21 at South Carolina. Nice defense SEC. Makes me wonder how good Manziel really was. Was it the system?

Also, so glad the Big Ten does not start the season with conference games. So stupid to me.

Texas A&M now up 45-21 at South Carolina. Nice defense SEC. Makes me wonder how good Manziel really was. Was it the system?

Also, so glad the Big Ten does not start the season with conference games. So stupid to me.

sumlin is going to make a TON of money very very soon.

Where do we get one of them QB coaches that turns everything they touch to gold?

Vandy and Temple finally kicking off at 10pm in Nashville due to severe weather/rain delay. Going to be a LONG night (and Friday for some) for the teams/fans. Especially considering it is a weekday Thursday and not a Saturday.

If you're curious what the gold helmet, maroon jersey, gold pants combo will look like, turn on the Arizona State game.

If you're curious what the gold helmet, maroon jersey, gold pants combo will look like, turn on the Arizona State game.

What channel on DirecTV? Assuming Pac 12 network. If so, not sure if I even get the Pac 12 in my Xtra package. I get just about all of the rest of the main sports channels though.

Rutgers is bringing it. So much for the time zone theory, BTN.

Passing looks easy for every team in the country except my favorite team! Rutgers looks way better than I expected so far. Not sure how good wash st would be, but I would guess they are a lot better than Eiu

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Kenny Hill looked more than ready to replace Johnny Manziel on the field. He still is getting used to the attention that goes along with the job. Hill broke Manziel's single-game passing record with 511 yards, and No. 21 Texas A&M beat No. 9 South Carolina 52-28 on Thursday night, ending the Gamecocks' 18-game home win streak.

Sorry, Johnny Football. They already forgot about you.

Temple now up 21-7 at Vandy near the half. Didn't we just recently lose a recruit or two to Vandy? Maybe I'm wrong.

Rutgers retakes the lead in the 4th Quarter.

34-31.

Rutgers retakes the lead again.

41-38. 3.5 minutes left.

Yup..makes you wonder a little about Johnny. Replacement throws for 500 yards in game one. +100 on starting with conference games.

Rutgers wins. Big Ten 1-0 against major conference schools.

I know it is Washington State and not Oregon or Stanford, but that win by Rutgers was impressive. That offense isn't easy to play against and you have the big time zone difference. Rutgers really stepped up and represented the Big10 well. That kid the Knights have at running back is the real deal. Good job Knights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or did the speed of the A&M game look at a different speed than our own. I know we played a much different level of competition, but A&M looks like they could put 60 on any Big Ten team. Granted it was a one game sample, but what an impressive win in your first game of the year at the #9 team's house.

Doesn't look like Shortell will start for Jacksonville State. Anyone know if we'll see him at all tonight?

Wow, pretty dirty hit on Connor Cook by a Jacksonville State defender. Went low. He had to be helped off the field. Hope for his sake and MSU that it isn't too bad.

Wow, pretty dirty hit on Connor Cook by a Jacksonville State defender. Went low. He had to be helped off the field. Hope for his sake and MSU that it isn't too bad.

That knee brace might have saved his season, because it was a hair from going backwards. As is, it still didn't look good. Yikes.

Connor Cook back in the game and first pass of this series, a TD pass.

BYU smacking around UConn in a penalty fest. Had one play already with 3 distinct penalties. BYU looks decent UCONN looks like 3 wins will be it again.

CDU and Colorado have had some good games in the past, but that was before Colorado turned god awful (with Gary Barnett coming through). Might catch part of that one tonight as well, before the Lynx get started.

Top Bottom