Other Games Thread: Week One

My Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors giving Chris Peterson and Washington a game...on CBSSports if you haven't had enough football today.

My Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors giving Chris Peterson and Washington a game...on CBSSports if you haven't had enough football today.

I haven't stopped since the game in Ireland this morning, and I'm not stopping now.

Of course the teams they have beat have not been very good other than Kansas St. But nevertheless, still impressive.

2010 - beat Kansas who went 3-9
2011 - beat Gophers, went 3-9
2012 - beat Colorado St., went 4-8
2013 - beat Kansas St., went 8-5
2014 - beat Iowa St., who went 3-9 last year

And how many of these games were in Fargo?

Then they should move up, or shut up.
Why? They are happy to beat FBS teams AND win national championships every year. If they can't get into one of the top 5 conferences, they're better off staying where they are.

Nice 17pt comeback by LSU over becky last night. Oregon and Oklahoma handle their business.

Yet another badger choke! It was a great present waiting for me in my DVR when I woke up this morning.

Why? They are happy to beat FBS teams AND win national championships every year. If they can't get into one of the top 5 conferences, they're better off staying where they are.

Way to shoot for the stars.

Look at us! We're (at best) a stepping stone to a coaching job at Wyoming!

I'm sure that's what everyone said when they are a D2 school.

They'll get sick of dominating FCS eventually. Just give it time. A mid major conference in the FBS is still a great opportunity for them. They'll never make it to the power 5 simply because they don't have the population, but they can still make good bowl games in a mid major conference.

I think they could still dominate in the MAC or Mountain West. They would obviously see a considerable leap in recruiting with the FBS jump as more kids would rather play FBS than FCS obviously so it's not like they would have the exact same talent level that they do now even though it is good enough to defeat lower level BCS teams.

And how many of these games were in Fargo?

I know you're a troll but you must have missed the part where I said it was still impressive. Is it impossible for you to admit that most of the FBS teams your favorite team has beaten have been pretty bad? You guys still play at a lower level with less scholarships so it is impressive.

I know you're a troll but you must have missed the part where I said it was still impressive. Is it impossible for you to admit that most of the FBS teams your favorite team has beaten have been pretty bad? You guys still play at a lower level with less scholarships so it is impressive.
I'm a Gophers fan who is mildly interested in how North Dakota State does only because of the number of Minnesotans on their team.

I'm a Gophers fan who is mildly interested in how North Dakota State does only because of the number of Minnesotans on their team.
Ha! B as in B, S as in S. The vast majority of your posts on here have always had something to do with the und fighting buffaloes. And that is also when you usually show up and then dissappear again. Nice try.

I agree that they should wait for something to change at the top. There are 10 FBS conference, and only 5 of them have any avenue to the national championship. That will change. Either the top 5 conferences will separate, or the playoffs will expand with the lower five conference will gain at least some sort of access, like through play-in games or something. IMO, if the MWC has no access, them I'm not in a big hurry to pursue it. I've said it for a long time. 12 team play-off, 4 top conf champs in, bottom six conference play-in for 3 spots, 5 at-large births. 4+5+3, all seeded.

NDSU's style of play (similar to Stanford's) is a differntiator for NDSU, and I think they could compete for conf championships in the MAC or MWC. A lot of teams just don't like to play physical for 4 quarters. Iowa State certainly didn't have the stones for it.

I went through most of this thread and was surprised I couldn't find any discussion about Syracuse. The Orange needed double OT to sneak by...Villanova at home. The lower division Wildcats went for 2 and the win in the 2nd OT and got stopped.

Ha! B as in B, S as in S. The vast majority of your posts on here have always had something to do with the und fighting buffaloes. And that is also when you usually show up and then dissappear again. Nice try.

Agreed. He is a troll through and through.

Top Bottom