Other Games Thread: Week One

Of course the teams they have beat have not been very good other than Kansas St. But nevertheless, still impressive.

They caught Kansas State at the perfect time last year. They always seem to start really slow in game 1. Even their awesome team in 2012 struggled against 3-8 Missouri State leading only 16-9 going into the 4th quarter.

Arkansas hanging tough with Auburn 7-7 late in 1st. I think there is virtually no chance Auburn has another miracle season and they'll end with 4+ losses.

West Virginia playing Alabama even so far as well. Both good games.

Cal already up 14-0 on Northwestern. Could be another long year for the Wildcats.

Probably won't happen, but would love to see Rice pull the upset

They caught Kansas State at the perfect time last year. They always seem to start really slow in game 1. Even their awesome team in 2012 struggled against 3-8 Missouri State leading only 16-9 going into the 4th quarter.

I think Kansas St. had a ton of new starters last year and many years for that matter since they recruit a lot of Juco's.

Northwestern just looks bad. Down 24-7 now. If we don't beat NW, Purdue, and Illinois I will be extremely disappointed.

Arkansas hanging tough with Auburn 7-7 late in 1st. I think there is virtually no chance Auburn has another miracle season and they'll end with 4+ losses.

Auburn will have an off year. Won't be surprised if they finish unranked.

Probably won't happen, but would love to see Rice pull the upset over those lame arse, overrated, cultist tools from bumblefuch hicksville South Bend, Indiana.

I get some of the hate for ND, but why are they overrated? They finished 9-4 last year and, lucky or not, they were the only team to beat Michigan St. They got their QB back, ranked 17 seems about right to me.

West Virginia sticking with Alabama so far. Love it! Keep it up boys. 17-17 with 1:43 to play in the 1st half. W. Virginia just had a 100 yard kick off return to tie the game back up immediately after Alabama had scored to go ahead.

Dueling Banjos run a kickoff back to once again tie double-wides 17-17.

I get some of the hate for ND, but why are they overrated? They finished 9-4 last year and, lucky or not, they were the only team to beat Michigan St. They got their QB back, ranked 17 seems about right to me.

Or they finished last year 0-12...

err 0-13 since they forfeited their bowl game too.

Arkansas ties it at 21 late in the 2nd quarter with Auburn. Could be a shocker.

Cool. That has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad they are this year.

True, but the 4 or 5 guys that have been kicked off the team after the pre-season rankings came out does have something to do with it...

Totally surprizing win by NDSU. 34-14 over Iowa State. At Ames!!!

True, but the 4 or 5 guys that have been kicked off the team after the pre-season rankings came out does have something to do with it...

And they're dominating Rice. They'll go 8-4 at least this year.

Alabama just got the luxury of one of the weakest personal foul calls I've ever seen. The QB for Alabama was run out of bounds and a W. Virginia player who didn't really see him coming put his hands up and sorta pushed the Bama player as he was running right at him. He was simply protecting himself. So weak.

West Virginia won't go away though. Down 10 and driving.

I don't like ND, and even with the suspensions, I don't think being ranked 17th is overrated. They are right about where they should be in my opinion.

Please tell me y'all are watching the Texas Tech score roll across the bottom of the screen and laughing.

Georgia's Todd Gurley is the best back in the nation. He's putting on a clinic right now he's rushed for 147 and has a kickoff return for 100 yards. The scary thing is, Georgia goes 5 deep at tailback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middle Tennessee State is up 47-0 over Savannah State. It should be noted that Savannah State is one of the very worst teams in the FCS. Bemidji State might give a better game.

Middle Tennessee State is up 47-0 over Savannah State. It should be noted that Savannah State is one of the very worst teams in the FCS. Bemidji State might give a better game.

Savannah St. has three wins total the past three seasons. One over North Carolina Central, one over D2 Fort Valley State and one over NAIA school Edward Waters.

Let's not forget that not too long ago everyone scheduled our Gophers for Homecoming.

Top Bottom