Iggy Azalea to play TCF Stadium for U of M Homecoming

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
The rise of "Fancy" rapper Iggy Azalea continues. After playing the Fine Line just two years ago, the "realest" Australian pop star will join exclusive company -- U2, Passion Pit, Imagine Dragons, Atmosphere -- who have performed at the University of Minnesota's TCF Stadium.

Read on...

I would be just as thrilled as you guys/gals, if I had any idea who she was. ;)

That said, sounds like the target market demo is happy with the choice, and frankly that is what matters.

wow, nice! this is blowing up on twitter right now!! love it. i'll be there!

Even if you hate the music, she is a huge get right now in terms of popularity and PR. Great to see!

I can't believe the U would allow her to perform at TCF. Watch/listen to the video for her song "Pussy."

I thought Iggy was short for Ignatius. If she is an Ignatius, the best looking one I've ever seen.

I could get "behind" this. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge.:cool02:

happy to catch her at lollapalooza this year. . . and look out. The kids will definitely like this.

RCE9SNH.jpg

I would be just as thrilled as you guys/gals, if I had any idea who she was. ;)

That said, sounds like the target market demo is happy with the choice, and frankly that is what matters.

Common, you know... "Who dat? Who dat? I-GG-Y!" ;)

So who's going to the concert this week?

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can't believe the U would allow her to perform at TCF. Watch/listen to the video for her song "Pussy."

Do you really think the U would discriminate because of that? Listen to most music nowadays...nothing new here. Plus, like a few have said, she is huge right now. Good press for TCF.

Good press for TCF.

You can't buy good press like this....

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/10/13/students-dispute-iggy-azalea-coming-campus

The University of Minnesota had no trouble selling out of tickets for Friday’s homecoming concert with rapper Iggy Azalea.

But some students are angry with the school’s decision to invite Azalea to campus, claiming the “Fancy” singer has posted racist and homophobic comments on social media and has engaged in cultural appropriation that’s offensive to some.

As of Oct. 7, one student had written a formal complaint to Student Unions and Activities about the performer.

In the complaint, the student wrote that Azalea is a “racist, homophobic, self-entitled person who appropriates culture in offensive ways.”

By allowing Azalea to perform, the student wrote, the University is showing tolerance for those behaviors.

You can't buy good press like this....

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/10/13/students-dispute-iggy-azalea-coming-campus

The University of Minnesota had no trouble selling out of tickets for Friday’s homecoming concert with rapper Iggy Azalea.

But some students are angry with the school’s decision to invite Azalea to campus, claiming the “Fancy” singer has posted racist and homophobic comments on social media and has engaged in cultural appropriation that’s offensive to some.

As of Oct. 7, one student had written a formal complaint to Student Unions and Activities about the performer.

In the complaint, the student wrote that Azalea is a “racist, homophobic, self-entitled person who appropriates culture in offensive ways.”

By allowing Azalea to perform, the student wrote, the University is showing tolerance for those behaviors.
A student is outraged about something? STOP THE PRESSES!

I will say that it raises my eyebrows a little that she uses THAT voice when she raps when she isn't even American. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

The rise of "Fancy" rapper Iggy Azalea continues. After playing the Fine Line just two years ago, the "realest" Australian pop star will join exclusive company -- U2, Passion Pit, Imagine Dragons, Atmosphere -- who have performed at the University of Minnesota's TCF Stadium.

Read on...

Is Iggy Azalea a song by David Bowe?

This proves she isn't homophobic. :clap:

This student has to be from Wisconsin. They've got plenty of cheese to go with all that WHINE...

Top Bottom