What do you hope to see out of the Gophers tonight?

Stan

Reaction score
I'd like to see our line dominate on both sides right out of the gates. I want to see some pressure from our front four on D, and I'd like to see a few break-away runs on offense (I'm assuming we'll keep a tight playbook on offense until the TCU game).

300 yards on the ground

Around 10 sacks/TFL's

No EIU points in the first half

- We don't show anything for future opponents
- EIU doesn't have realistic hope from the 2nd quarter on

I'll take the other side. I want them to open up the playbook a bit. I understand not wanting to show future oponents what we have up out sleeves. But please do some passing even if we don't need to. I was frustrated last year when we hardly passed with unproven qbs and wrs until conference games. Then it felt like we were trying to develop a passing attack without game speed timing or confidence.

Don't show everything. But do enough to get some confidence. Figure out the timing.

1. A win
2. No injuries
3. A comfortable Leidner, no jitters, and well-thrown balls.
4. Dominance from the offensive and defensive lines

Something that resembles a passing game against substandard competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A win
EIU not being in the game too long
Accurate passing
No dropped balls
A good hot dog

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

A win
EIU not being in the game too long
Accurate passing
No dropped balls
A good hot dog

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

+1 to the hot dog. I can't buy the cheese curds anymore after having state fair curds again. Man the Bank struggles to make good curds.

+1 on working on the passing game, I'd like to see Leidner with at least 20 throws before he's hopefully pulled for Streveler in the early 4th with a comfortable lead.

Also really looking forward to see Edwards, hopefully he has a half dozen carries and catches a few passes

I'll take the other side. I want them to open up the playbook a bit. I understand not wanting to show future oponents what we have up out sleeves. But please do some passing even if we don't need to. I was frustrated last year when we hardly passed with unproven qbs and wrs until conference games. Then it felt like we were trying to develop a passing attack without game speed timing or confidence.

Don't show everything. But do enough to get some confidence. Figure out the timing.

Agree 100%. I don't expect to see Mitch chucking it down field every play but I would definitely like to see them invest time into the passing game because you can't simulate game speed and pressure in practice when the QB has no fear of getting hit. For those worried about showing too much of the playbook you can be conservative with what you call and the formations you use but still open it up some. Not to mention the fact that Kill's offensive approach is very well established at this point since he has had the same offensive coordinator the entire time. In other words, teams know what kind of stuff we are going to throw at them.

IMO, one of the things important for long term success is to keep the kids that won't start or contribute until they are juniors and seniors motivated. We only have two soft games on this schedule tonight's game and middle tennessee. Getting those backups playing time in the second half after the starters dominate the first half goes a long way to maintaining morale and giving guys incentive to keep pushing in the weight room and on the practice squad so that they stick around and are there to contribute as upperclassmen so that you aren't forced to start underclassmen forever.

A win. We aren't at the point where I need anything more.

Getting up by 60 and then working on the two point conversion

My "don't show your cards" theory:

We know that we will be a run heavy offense with numerous formations and shows: why would we want to show our running arsenal? I expect we'll see Kill throwing (i.e. running) the book at TCU; but only our strengths. The passing game is a work in progress, so I expect to see us air it up - in a search of our go to guys and to see what Leidner can do with a little time.

I expect to see 30 passes tonight - over 250 yards through the air.

This is my contra-opinion. I think it is valid.

Dominance of the lines on both sides of the ball, A shut down secondary, an efficient if plain vanilla passing attack to complement the power run game. No mistakes on special teams!

200 yards rushing by Cobb

Putting the game away early will be nice. That will allow the backups to gain valuable in game experience which we will need well into the B1G grind.

Another thing I want to see - competent kicking. Don't know what to expect out of our kickers this year, and it makes me nervous (not punting, that will be fine)

+1 to the hot dog. I can't buy the cheese curds anymore after having state fair curds again. Man the Bank struggles to make good curds.

A lot of people at terrible at making cheese curds, and most of the time it's because they bread the curds instead of battering them. I don't know which way the Bank does it, but breaded curds are an abomination.

The 3rd quarter dance team routine since we'll be up by 50 or so and playing guys we never heard of before.

A lot of people at terrible at making cheese curds, and most of the time it's because they bread the curds instead of battering them. I don't know which way the Bank does it, but breaded curds are an abomination.

Ya, they're breaded. We need an intervention.

Top Bottom