Updated Rivals Rankings

Too bad to hear about Jarvis and Alex. I'm admittedly more disappointed by that than Dupree's rise in the rankings.

Johnson had a brutal summer. He will still go to a high major team, but he isn't as good as originally thought.

Chris Clarke at #58.
Jalen Adams is now #25 and a 5 star. He's committed to UConn, but I remember Pitino being on him quite awhile back, about a year ago.
Dupree McBrayer is listed at 6'4". I wonder if he could move up the ranks further, maybe even become a 4 star if he does grow to 6'5" or 6'6" as it has been suspected that he might.
#18 Brandon Ingram has a Gopher offer. He is from North Carolina and has only visited Duke and UNC, with a future visit to Kansas set up, so I'm guessing we're out.
I believe Jonathan Nwankwo was the #150 recruit in the previous Rivals rankings, but is no longer in the top 150. Maybe Dupree bumped him out ;)

Not sure if anyone cares at this point, but #20 Elijah Thomas has set up visits to Illinois, SMU, LSU, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M. He is also not the only 5 star taking an official visit to Illinois, as #15 Jalen Brunson and #26 Jawun Evans, who is the top 4 star on Rivals right now, are also taking visits there. Not to get too off topic, but John Groce seems to really be getting after it on the recruiting trail. They have officials set up for 3 top 30 guys, 2 of which are from out of state, another top 50, a top 70, and #87 Landry Shamet, whom we offered not long ago, in addition to commits from #61 D.J. Williams, and #84 Aaron Jordan. One of their incoming freshmen for 2014 is Leron Black, a 5 star on Rivals from White Station in Tennessee. He played with Andre Hollins for a year in high school. I wonder if Groce is going to be for Illinois what Beilein has been for Michigan.

Sorry for gushing about Illinois. I visit their board sometimes, and I get the feeling big things are going to be happening there sooner rather than later. I also get the feeling that on this board, we (and frigging Nebraska after one frigging season) are perceived to be the only teams looking to move from a mid- to bottom-tier Big Ten team into being a regular in the top half.

Chris Clarke at #58.
Jalen Adams is now #25 and a 5 star. He's committed to UConn, but I remember Pitino being on him quite awhile back, about a year ago.
Dupree McBrayer is listed at 6'4". I wonder if he could move up the ranks further, maybe even become a 4 star if he does grow to 6'5" or 6'6" as it has been suspected that he might.
#18 Brandon Ingram has a Gopher offer. He is from North Carolina and has only visited Duke and UNC, with a future visit to Kansas set up, so I'm guessing we're out.
I believe Jonathan Nwankwo was the #150 recruit in the previous Rivals rankings, but is no longer in the top 150. Maybe Dupree bumped him out ;)

Not sure if anyone cares at this point, but #20 Elijah Thomas has set up visits to Illinois, SMU, LSU, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M. He is also not the only 5 star taking an official visit to Illinois, as #15 Jalen Brunson and #26 Jawun Evans, who is the top 4 star on Rivals right now, are also taking visits there. Not to get too off topic, but John Groce seems to really be getting after it on the recruiting trail. They have officials set up for 3 top 30 guys, 2 of which are from out of state, another top 50, a top 70, and #87 Landry Shamet, whom we offered not long ago, in addition to commits from #61 D.J. Williams, and #84 Aaron Jordan. One of their incoming freshmen for 2014 is Leron Black, a 5 star on Rivals from White Station in Tennessee. He played with Andre Hollins for a year in high school. I wonder if Groce is going to be for Illinois what Beilein has been for Michigan.

Sorry for gushing about Illinois. I visit their board sometimes, and I get the feeling big things are going to be happening there sooner rather than later. I also get the feeling that on this board, we (and frigging Nebraska after one frigging season) are perceived to be the only teams looking to move from a mid- to bottom-tier Big Ten team into being a regular in the top half.

Before this latest update, Kipper Nichols (who holds a gopher offer), was the 150th rated recruit. I don't believe Nwankwo was ever in the Rivals 150.

Before this latest update, Kipper Nichols (who holds a gopher offer), was the 150th rated recruit. I don't believe Nwankwo was ever in the Rivals 150.

Good catch, that's probably who I was thinking of.

Johnson had a brutal summer. He will still go to a high major team, but he isn't as good as originally thought.

Only at the beginning but he really stepped it up. For the last 5 Howard Pulley games of the year he had point totals of 14, 14, 17, 18 and 20.

Johnson had a bad summer shooting wise and assist to turnover wise. Did get better near the end but was held to 5 pts. and 2 assists in final game of season. For the HP regular season he shot 32% fg, 52% ft, 19% from 3. and had more turnovers than assists. He had a scored ok at peach jam 11ppg. But shot 39% from field and 1 for 19 from three, with only 8 assists and 7 turnovers in 5 games. Bottom line bad shooting and more turnovers than assists overall. He is a project recruit at this point. Try to harness his physical gifts and hope to teach him out to shoot better and make better decisions with the ball. Dupree is 19 years old in Sept. Highly unlikely that he has much growth left.

My son grew an inch in the year between 19 and 20 so there is a possibility that he can grow some more, he went from 6'5" to 6'6". Each person grows differently so maybe his doctors are correct.

Top Bottom