2014 Gophers Season Prediction Thread!

Stan

Reaction score
Let's see it - simple season prediction.

Non-conference: 3-1
Big Ten: 4-4
Bowl: 1-0

Season: 8-5

Non-con: 4-0
B1G: 5-3 (and we bust the losing streak against Michigan or Wisconsin)
Bowl: 0-1

Season: 9-4

Non-conference: 4-0

Season: 9-4

Go Gophers!!

I would say 9-4 but since it means nothing and I would rather be more optimistic 10-3 and one win is the bowl game!

Best case scenario:

Non-Conference 4-0
B1G 6-2
Bowl 1-0

Season 11-2

DieHard's Prediction

Non-Con 3-1
B1G 3-5
Bowl 1-0

Season 7-6

Defense is going to keep a lot of the conference games close...just don't think we have enough offense to pull a lot of close ones out, though..thus the disparity in best case and my prediction.

Non conference - 4-0
Conference - 6-2
Bowl - 1-0

Season 11-2

9-0 to start the season to bring on a showdown with undefeated Ohio State at the Bank.

NC - 4-0
B1G - 6-2
Bowl - 0-1
Season - 10-3

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

Agreed! I think this is the best case scenario. I could see the possibility of us beating TCU and losing to Iowa, which would result in the same record. This would be a GREAT outcome! I really don't understand the people predicting 9+ wins...what about the last decade+ leads you to believe we can beat Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Ohio State? Obviously, we beat Nebraska last year but that was more of a once in a lifetime type upset.

Non-conference: 4-0
Big Ten: 5-3

Season: 10-3

If your not optimistic about the season this week, when are you going to be?

Agreed! I think this is the best case scenario. I could see the possibility of us beating TCU and losing to Iowa, which would result in the same record. This would be a GREAT outcome! I really don't understand the people predicting 9+ wins...what about the last decade+ leads you to believe we can beat Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Ohio State? Obviously, we beat Nebraska last year but that was more of a once in a lifetime type upset.

I sure as hell hope not.

Non Conference 4-0
B1G 5-3
Bowl win
season 10-3

If we win at Michigan and TCU: 10-2
Lose at Michigan and/or TCU: 7-5
It's all about the MOJO. Big early season road wins leads to more swagger and confidence.

Hope I am wrong:

Non-Conference: 3-1
B1G: 3-5
(minor) Bowl: ?

6-7 or 7-6 depending on the outcome of a bowl that few will care about.

vs EIU: Fairly easy victory for the Maroon and Gold. Vanilla offense but it works in the rain. 36-12.
vs MTSU: Open it up a bit more, but still a snoozer. 31-20
@ TCU: Tough early test; team plays well but can't get it done on offense. 13-20
vs SJSU: Get it back on track with another simple victory. 26-10
@ Michigan: Brady has Jerry's number again. 17-34
vs Northwestern: Tough game, but gut it out at home. 23-18
vs Purdue: Easiest win in conference. 29-17
@ Illinois: Things will be rolling now. 28-24
vs Iowa: Game of the year for the Gophs in terms of hype. Play hard, get it done in the end with a late score. 21-20
vs Ohio State: U-G-L-Y fall back to earth. 10-38
@ Nebraska: Shock of Ohio State carries over. 14-28
@ Wisconsin: Trying to reverse the trend of the decade, but can't get it done. 10-24

7-5 (4-4) final record.

4-0 nonconference
8-0 Big conference
2-0 playoffs

Non-con: 3-1, I think we lose to TCU in a close game
Conference: 4-4, Wins = Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa
Bowl Game = W

8-5, which I would consider a success

This is a fan site right?

13-0 Finish the season the way we start, undefeated. Can't ask the players to believe that they can win any game and not expect the same from the fans.:cool:

AND I want to see Coach Kill juggling the Axe, the Jug and the Pig at halftime of the Rose Bowl.

Prediction:

Non-Conference: 3-1 (Loss @ TCU)
Big Ten: 3-5 (Losses @Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, @Nebraska and @Wisconsin)
Bowl: 0-1

Record: 6-7

This is a fan site right?

13-0 Finish the season the way we start, undefeated. Can't ask the players to believe that they can win any game and not expect the same from the fans.:cool:

AND I want to see Coach Kill juggling the Axe, the Jug and the Pig at halftime of the Rose Bowl.

No playoff or bowl game? Wouldn't 13-0 just take us through the B10 Championship game?

Top Bottom