Gopherhole Mobile Issues

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
Over the last week, I've had serious problems accessing the web site on my phone and I think it's related to the side banner ads. When my I-Phone attempts to load the page, it freezes my mobile browser completely and I need to power down my phone to re-boot it. I have no issues accessing any other web sites and the only time this happens is when I go to a GopherHole Message Board. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Over the last week, I've had serious problems accessing the web site on my phone and I think it's related to the side banner ads. When my I-Phone attempts to load the page, it freezes my mobile browser completely and I need to power down my phone to re-boot it. I have no issues accessing any other web sites and the only time this happens is when I go to a GopherHole Message Board. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Sames.

My browser times out and I just have to restart that, not my whole phone. But mobile access to this site via phone or ipad is non existant

This is addressed on the help board although no conclusive answer yet

If you're just looking to access the message board, use the ForumRunner App. Works great, no fluff.

I am having the same issues with any i-device.

Perhaps Gopherhole should consider more static vs. flash banner ads. The videos don't really enhance the on-site experience.

ForumRunner App works great (I think it was $1 when I got it a year ago). But the Tweets don't embed correctly and you have to resort to "reading a little code". Lots of tweets these days.

ForumRunner App works great (I think it was $1 when I got it a year ago). But the Tweets don't embed correctly and you have to resort to "reading a little code". Lots of tweets these days.

I still can't figure out how to add GopherHole as a favorite on Forum Runner (Android). I figured it out on my old phone, but can't find the right combination anymore. So I've resorted to search for Gopher every time the phone is rebooted. If anyone knows the answer, it would be appreciated.

And yes, the tweets thing is annoying. I normally just ignore them until I get back to my laptop.

I still can't figure out how to add GopherHole as a favorite on Forum Runner (Android). I figured it out on my old phone, but can't find the right combination anymore. So I've resorted to search for Gopher every time the phone is rebooted. If anyone knows the answer, it would be appreciated.

And yes, the tweets thing is annoying. I normally just ignore them until I get back to my laptop.

My phone is charging right now, but if I remember correctly, (on the Iphone app) in the settings, there is a "remember last site" or something like that.

This site is frustrating for me as well. A lot of the time I avoid this site, unfortunately, because I use my phone exclusively. Even though I don't want to, I have been going to other sites.

My phone is charging right now, but if I remember correctly, (on the Iphone app) in the settings, there is a "remember last site" or something like that.

I don't see a settings button anywhere in the app. And not sure if this happens on the IPhone version, but my only option in Forum Runner is to quote someone's post (there is no simple reply).

UPDATE:

Found it. Samsung on the Galaxy S5 dropped the "Android Button", although you can still get to it. To favorite GopherHole in ForumRunner on a Galaxy S5, browse to GopherHole and then hold down the Task Manager Button (bottom left button that looks like two rectangles on top of each other). If you hold it down, it will pop up a bar with one of the options being "Favorite". This also is where you can simply REPLY as opposed to QUOTE.

Thanks for all the responses....never had an issue with it until a week ago. I visited Gopher Illustrated more times in the last week than I have in the last 5 years combined. Hopefully the Gopherhole staff can get it figured out in time for me to be able to access the site to read about the commitments from Clarke, Jarvis and Alex. :)

If you are using a browser on your phone to read GH, you are crazy. Seriously download the Tapatalk app.

Good news - we think we have the issue fixed but will continue to monitor it. Please let us know ASAP if you have any issues, as this is top priority for us.

Wow....seems to be working great. Great job, GH....power to the people! Now what are you going to do about my sore knee that I hurt playing hoops back in high school and my dog that never listens to me?

Good Job Slim Tubby and GH. I took my iPad into the Apple Store and they could not fix my freeze up issues. Now I will have to check my iPad later. Maybe GH should compete with Apple.

Tap talk gets my vote. Use it on my iPad mini. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the exact same problem. No issues now which is good.

First time in a week I've been able to access gopherhole on my iPhone!

Top Bottom