More likely in 2014: Leidner for 2,500 or Cobb for 1,500?

What's more likely in 2014?

• Leidner throws for 2,500+ yards

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Cobb rushes for 1,500+ yards

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Poll because I'm bored and am just trying to pass the time before Thursday :)

For those curious, Leidner and Nelson combined for just shy of 2,000 yards last year, while Cobb rushed for about 1,200.

I expect Leidner to get rid of the ball quickly - most of the time to Cobb. Our line seems to specialize in run blocking as opposed to pass blocking, so I see Cobb putting up well over 1,500 yards.

BTW Gopher07; save your voice for the game. We need you!

Seeing as to how Jones and woli have a full off season under their belt to practice with Mitch and we brought in a couple big targets in holland Jr and gentry add in maye and edwards in the slot with big Williams running down the seam... I see Mitch passing for for 2500 and I also see Edwards taking some carries away from Cobb as the season progresses.. Mitch gets my vote

Also for reference, last year 1,500 rushing yards would rank 14th in the nation (Cobb finished 27th last year), and 2,500 passing yards would rank 58th (a combined Leidner/Nelson would have ranked 88th last year).

Cobb @ 1500 is more likely

I'm going with both choices being a 100% certainty (barring injury) - as such, I can't successfully vote.

lots of speculation in this thread, don't let Dr. Don see it!

I'm going with Cobb.

Neither is likely. Mostly because Cobb is going to be splitting carries in an ideal situation.

But Cobb is a little more likely. Mitch is not going to pass for 200 yards per game.

I think that both will happen, Leidner gets my vote because I think he gets there first.

Leidner is going to surprise everyone and light up the air attack! He'll have 2500 yards by November!

I think that both will happen, Leidner gets my vote because I think he gets there first.

7 teams had a QB with more than 2,500 passing yards and a RB with more than 1.500 rushing yards, I'm not sure I would be that confident with this team yet.

Here are the ones from last year:
Buffalo
Western Kentucky
Stanford
Arizona
Colorado State
Bowling Green
Washington

*NIU had a 1,500 rusher and 2,500 yard passer, but it was all Lynch, not a RB/QB combo.

Cobb may not even be the featured back given our depth at RB. At a minimum, he may have to share a lot of the workload with the other backs. Seeing how we are putting all our QB eggs in the Leidner basket, I'm going with him.

I don't see either as a probability, given Leidner's limited passing acumen and the deep stable of RB's we carry. But put a gun to my head, I would say Cobb has a better chance at 1500 yards.

Going with Leidner. Expecting Edwards and the TEs to rack up some big yardage on passes.

Both are possible. Leidner is a lock. Easy one. A lot of big yardage passing plays starting tomorrow. Even vanilla. Tomorrow!

Leidner would be better for the team. Cobb running for 1500 would be cool but Leidner throwin for 2500 would mean our offense is better

More likely Cobb gets to 3000 yards this year than Leidner gets to 2000

Top Bottom