Dupree McBrayer Commits!

jaymil

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2015 guard Dupree McBrayer - formerly of The Patrick School (NJ) - has verbally committed to Minnesota, a source says.</p>— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/statuses/502998321326473216">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love it. Just looking at his mixtapes on youtube, you can tell he is underrated. He is long, athletic and has a good jumper. It also gives us yet another guard with good ball handling skills.

Didn't see another commit coming before official visits but it definitely is a good thing. I hope the Gophers can land Alex and Jarvis to finish this class off very nicely.

awesome news....Hope it doesn't affect Jarvis' decision

Hard to think it won't. We also need a big guy and a long wing. Seems like Clarke, Nicholls, and Grimes (spring commit) are the long wing targets and Illikainen, Nwanko and Morrow are the big men targets.

I'm impressed with Dupree's tapes and it feels great to have 2 commits before we hit September. Great job coaches!

Hard to think it won't. We also need a big guy and a long wing. Seems like Clarke, Nicholls, and Grimes (spring commit) are the long wing targets and Illikainen, Nwanko and Morrow are the big men targets.

I'm impressed with Dupree's tapes and it feels great to have 2 commits before we hit September. Great job coaches!
Saw Ryan James tweeted the Gophers have always wanted 3 guards in the class and will still be hard after Jarvis and he and Alex are there top 2 remaining targets and after that it would be Nicholls. With that being the case I really hope Jarvis doesn't look at this commitment and think it no longer is a good fit for him with the Gophers as I would love for him and Alex to close out this class.

Saw Ryan James tweeted the Gophers have always wanted 3 guards in the class and will still be hard after Jarvis and he and Alex are there top 2 remaining targets and after that it would be Nicholls. With that being the case I really hope Jarvis doesn't look at this commitment and think it no longer is a good fit for him with the Gophers as I would love for him and Alex to close out this class.

Per Matt Jessen-Howard (who's now working for Rivals FYI) this helps with Jarvis if anything as he'll know there would be talent around him.

I love hearing from Burns and MJH that Jarvis is still solidly in play. Hope we're able to land Alex and Jarvis.

Welcome aboard! I'm liking how this class is shaping up.

JMO but I think Mcbrayer definitely satisfies that wing spot that we are looking for even if he doesn't fit that traditional Carlos Morris type SF role. He is a better McNeil who was battling squirted for the starting 3 job. Also Mcbrayer is ranked #118 on future 150 which is higher than Illikainen.

Edit: Didn't realize he was a 4 star on Scout! Very nice!

Minnesota's backcourt now consists of a pair of four-star prospects"[/url]

IMO I don't think this will help attract Jarvis. Jarvis would be great, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he's not a gopher anymore (unless he goes to WI).

I'd be very pleased with some of the other guys we are in the mix with, such as AI, Clarke, Nwankwo, etc.

I've never seen him play, but I just kind assumed he was a good athlete and a mediocre shooter for some reason. Sounds like he might actually be a good shooter which makes me even more excited. Welcome aboard, Dupree!

I've never seen him play, but I just kind assumed he was a good athlete and a mediocre shooter for some reason. Sounds like he might actually be a good shooter which makes me even more excited. Welcome aboard, Dupree!

He shot 36% from deep for New Heights this past spring. While not elite, he should be a more than serviceable shooter.

He shot 36% from deep for New Heights this past spring. While not elite, he should be a more than serviceable shooter.

Where did you find that? Do you know how frequently he shot? I was just going by what Evan Daniels and some other people have said.

This is a tremendous signing. I predicted this in the thread on who would sign next. He is a great athlete who can shoot and defend taller guards in the Big Ten. I think we have several recruits that need to get on board or realize that we may not have a spot for them. At this point the two prize Minnesota targets should know if they have Gopher Pride or not.

Great news. Is this kid strictly a 1/2 or can he play 3 as well? We could get back-court heavy if Jarvis and AI are the other two, but I don't sense that bothers Pitino much.

Local kids better get on board while we still have scholarships. Wonder if the staff will push Jarvis to commit on his official.

Top Bottom