STrib: Gophers hope to hear from NCAA about Jeff Jones' eligibility next week 8/22/14

I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me Killjoy, but I do know there is no requirement the original document be sent to the institution (at least per NCAA rules). Some of us are so scarred by the many legal documents and pedantries associated with them in our personal professions we assume all document signings must be notarized and our identities checked with biometric scanners, fingerprint testing, and Q access authorizations. The NCAA process appears to be more liberal than the average mortgage application process.

From the NCAA:
Is it permissible to submit the NLI to the instituion by fax or electronically?

Yes. When you sign the NLI you enter into an agreement with the institution. Fax and email only represent the means by which you transmit the NLI. Accordingly, an NLI transmitted electronically is permissible. Be sure to follow the institution's instructions for signing and returning the NLI and athletics aid agreement to the institution. It is important that you keep a copy of the NLI and athletics aid agreement for your records.

You damn sure can't figure it out by the NCAA's site it say too follow the instructions from the school.

I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me Killjoy, but I do know there is no requirement the original document be sent to the institution (at least per NCAA rules). Some of us are so scarred by the many legal documents and pedantries associated with them in our personal professions we assume all document signings must be notarized and our identities checked with biometric scanners, fingerprint testing, and Q access authorizations. The NCAA process appears to be more liberal than the average mortgage application process.

From the NCAA:
Is it permissible to submit the NLI to the instituion by fax or electronically?

Yes. When you sign the NLI you enter into an agreement with the institution. Fax and email only represent the means by which you transmit the NLI. Accordingly, an NLI transmitted electronically is permissible. Be sure to follow the institution's instructions for signing and returning the NLI and athletics aid agreement to the institution. It is important that you keep a copy of the NLI and athletics aid agreement for your records.

I have enjoyed and believe that your postings here make more sense than most of the others, especially the bolded one above.

You damn sure can't figure it out by the NCAA's site it say too follow the instructions from the school.

And we are not talking about how you may submit a National Letter of Intent. This is waiting for the NCAA Clearing House to rule on eligibility. Emphasis on Waiting. And surely Coach Kill's staff has had a hand in helping Jeff obtain and submit the Correct Documents such as transcripts which are embossed. The Clearing House deals in minutea. I love the statement that this time of year they are overwhelmed with clearing requests. August 24th? Really. Most school sessions start on or about Labor Day. Seems we can add procrastination to its faults.

Any news on Jeff Jones? Trib said Gopher expected to hear by now...

Any news on Jeff Jones? Trib said Gopher expected to hear by now...

No! Christmas isn't until December 25th so stop looking for your presents. In all seriousness why do people here keep on asking these questions? When there is new information I am sure it will be posted here right away. God, I wished I had $10,000 for every time this question has been asked here.

There is another two minutes of my life I will never get back.:cry:

No! Christmas isn't until December 25th so stop looking for your presents. In all seriousness why do people here keep on asking these questions? When there is new information I am sure it will be posted here right away. God, I wished I had $10,000 for every time this question has been asked here.

There is another two minutes of my life I will never get back.:cry:

Wow 2 minutes maybe work on your typing speed? Better yet maybe the U could design a time machine... But then what would we change; that I did not post the question or that you had increased your typing speed? Perhaps this is all dumb since if we had the time machine we could just go in the future and see if Jeff was golden or not... And taking that a step further we could see if his kids were gophers too... If I think too much or blink perhaps all that will be, will have been...

Wow 2 minutes maybe work on your typing speed? Better yet maybe the U could design a time machine... But then what would we change; that I did not post the question or that you had increased your typing speed? Perhaps this is all dumb since if we had the time machine we could just go in the future and see if Jeff was golden or not... And taking that a step further we could see if his kids were gophers too... If I think too much or blink perhaps all that will be, will have been...

Seriously, what do you think you're going to accomplish by asking the question? All I cans say is that you must have been a real pain in the ass at Christmas time. I expect when you went on a trip with your family you probably also asked "Are we there yet?" every five minutes.

Seriously, what do you think you're going to accomplish by asking the question? All I cans say is that you must have been a real pain in the ass at Christmas time. I expect when you went on a trip with your family you probably also asked "Are we there yet?" every five minutes.

Looks like I stole another couple minutes of your life... Better get working on that time machine...

Looks like I stole another couple minutes of your life... Better get working on that time machine...

You still haven't answered the question. Let me explain it to you. It was a dumb question so why ask it?:banghead::banghead:

images

bump ;)

Seriously, where did the bump guy go?

The week of the 24 th has come and gone. We will now be looking at the first week on September, probably 2015. The delay is noteworthy. Who else is in the waiting line?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kill says he spoke to recruit Jeff Jones, who is excited to start school today. As far as eligibility, "we'll see how that works out."</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/506852602953216001">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kill said if Jeff Jones gets his work done, then he'll hopefully be practicing this spring. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a></p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/506852775594962944">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

This is all internal, what the f is up with the NCAA Clearing House?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kill says he spoke to recruit Jeff Jones, who is excited to start school today. As far as eligibility, "we'll see how that works out."</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/506852602953216001">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kill said if Jeff Jones gets his work done, then he'll hopefully be practicing this spring. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a></p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/506852775594962944">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

I personally took the latter statement to mean they at least unofficially know he won't be a partial qualifier (I think that's the right term, right?) this year...

It is now clear that Jones will not play this year. Whether this is a redshirt year, he'll have 5 to play 4 or 4 to play 3, or wherever will play out. I'm actually happy to have him in the fold for next season. It's better than having him at some other school.

This is the quote from the transcript:

Q. Do you think Drew Wolitarsky will be back for sure? Any update on Jeff Jones?
COACH KILL: Yeah, as far as Drew is concerned, he will play. As far as Jeff goes, I mean, I think he's happy and excited. First day of school. You know, seen him this morning. Hopefully he'll be practicing in the spring. There's certain things that I won't mention, how the NCAA works and all that. But cautiously optimistic to see how that works out.

This is the quote from the transcript:

Q. Do you think Drew Wolitarsky will be back for sure? Any update on Jeff Jones?
COACH KILL: There's certain things that I won't mention, how the NCAA works and all that. But cautiously optimistic to see how that works out.

Or doesn't work and all that. They are approaching a 8th Amendment case. This is awfully close to cruel and unusual treatment.

I personally took the latter statement to mean they at least unofficially know he won't be a partial qualifier (I think that's the right term, right?) this year...

Agreed. Kill has always talked about getting him into practice this Fall (even if he cant play). Now he is saying spring. Hope he is working out lime a mad man between now and then.

Top Bottom