extended forecast

Maverick

Reaction score
Aug 28th. High of 77. Low of 57. Sunny.

Sounds perfect! !!!

Football under the lights at the Bank! does it get any better?

Parking issues aside that is

Really looking forward to it and hoping the weather holds. Bringing my parents-in-law to their first game at the Bank, and hosting them for their first ever Gopher Tailgate experience.

Where is GopherWeatherGuy? I only get my Gopher forecasts from him. :)

Seriously, I just hope it isn't a sweat box like last years home opener!

Where is GopherWeatherGuy? I only get my Gopher forecasts from him. :)

Seriously, I just hope it isn't a sweat box like last years home opener!

I also can't wait for next Thursday eve. I was just thinking about last year's game versus San Jose State when it was 90+ degrees.

I also can't wait for next Thursday eve. I was just thinking about last year's game versus San Jose State when it was 90+ degrees.

I think that was the UNLV game. I don't remember the San Jose St. game being that hot.

The San Jose State game was an 11am start and very pleasant.

UNLV was just awful in the bleachers. It felt like hell with the sun reflecting off the metal and concrete.

This summer has been amazing and it's looking like it'll continue for the opener.

Yes, you are correct, it was UNLV

Weather Channel is now saying a High of 72, low of 56. I'm glad I'll be on the toasty Visitor side :)

Long range forecasts are stupid. Of course, I am stupid too because I always look at them if I have outdoor activities planned. I looked on Wunderground yesterday and they had rain listed for pretty much the whole day next Thursday. Now, one day later the forecast for the same day is partly cloudy all day.

I'll start getting nervous if they have high percentage rain possibilities listed for Thursday when I read the forecast on Tuesday.

Wunderground has now switched 180 degrees to forecast rain again for Thursday, while WCCO weather said this morning that "Thursday looks good with a slight chance of showers, but I have my doubts." - proving once again that nobody has a clue what the weather will be until it is a day or two in advance of the date being forecast.

Wunderground has now switched 180 degrees to forecast rain again for Thursday, while WCCO weather said this morning that "Thursday looks good with a slight chance of showers, but I have my doubts." - proving once again that nobody has a clue what the weather will be until it is a day or two in advance of the date being forecast.

Saw the WCCO report also. Accuweather has a thunderstorm rolling in around 4pm. Like you said though, anything beyond 48 hours is a crapshoot at beast.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/minneapolis-mn/55415/hourly-weather-forecast/348794?hour=81

Heavy rain does look possible on Thursday now, mainly during the day. This could be bad news for tailgaters, but much of it may clear out before game time. There's still a small chance this system could shift south.

Heavy rain does look possible on Thursday now, mainly during the day. This could be bad news for tailgaters, but much of it may clear out before game time. There's still a small chance this system could shift south.

Won't affect my plans, rain or shine, wind or snow.

Woo hoo......weather threads are back. :rolleyes:

...and so is the most dedicated reader of them, supadupafly.

You got me. Just can't help myself. I mean they ARE so enthralling after all.....at least to fellow Upper-Midwesterners who seem to obsess a little too much over weather forecasts they have no control over. :p

Lots of rain forecast for tomorrow now. Could be a really wet one.

Tailgating aside, heavy rain has to favor a "ground and pound" attack like ours over an "aerial assault" like we may see, huh?

Tailgating aside, heavy rain has to favor a "ground and pound" attack like ours over an "aerial assault" like we may see, huh?

As long as it's a steady rain, yeah. If it is on and off, with the chance to dry the ball, the passing team may have an advantage.

People don't have control over the weather, but that doesn't mean people ought to be disinterested. You can control how you respond to the weather, you can dress differently depending on whether it will be warm or cold, wet or dry. But you can't respond if you don't know what the weather will be, so people just might be interested. There are weather forecasts all over the country, an interest in what the weather will be is hardly unique to this area.

And you know one other thing people are interested in despite not being able to control it? Football games.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

People don't have control over the weather, but that doesn't mean people ought to be disinterested. You can control how you respond to the weather, you can dress differently depending on whether it will be warm or cold, wet or dry. But you can't respond if you don't know what the weather will be, so people just might be interested. There are weather forecasts all over the country, an interest in what the weather will be is hardly unique to this area.

And you know one other thing people are interested in despite not being able to control it? Football games.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Agree, as I am trying to pack my suitcase for this game, do I bring the rain gear or not? Will my 15 month old be coming with me or not? Weather matters, but my butt will be in the stands the only question will be gold t-shirt or camo goretex?

And weather does matter with beer too. If you are drinking out of a cup the rain could dilute your beverage, drinking from a can will be preferred. :)

If you don't bring rain gear, you'll need it. Murphy's Law.

Top Bottom