Aaron Brown Southern Miss potential transfer

Update on Brown's visits

Jon Rothstein tweeted yesterday that Brown is visiting Iona, Rutgers, and BC in the next couple days. No mention of Minnesota.

Jon Rothstein tweeted yesterday that Brown is visiting Iona, Rutgers, and BC in the next couple days. No mention of Minnesota.

Retweeted 18 times
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria Aug 17
Southern Miss transfer Aaron Brown is considering BC, Minnesota, Oregon, Rutgers, Iona, Southeastern, he tells @SNYtv. Visits BC tomorrow

...not sure this means much, his consideration for Mn was only three days ago we should know if it has legs in the next week or so.

https://twitter.com/mjessenhoward

http://www.woodburybulletin.com/content/jessen-howard-host-twin-cities-classic-sunday - A 17 year old kid that got listed as a recruiting expert on 247 with a face name and no background or resume in the business.

Jessen-Howard started his work as a recruiting analyst in March 2013, on the eve of finals at WHS.

“It was just procrastination,” he said.

He started The Gopher Report that night. Since then he’s started Recruit Insider, has worked for 247Sports, a recruiting service from CBS Sports, and has contributed to ZagsBlog, which is a page for SportsNet New York of the Comcast Sports network.

I'm not following why you bolded, underlined and italicized the recruiting expert part. He's 18, started his own business, has experience, has proven to be a reliable source, and as you quoted, he's contributed to numerous established recruiting services.

His bit of information and Rothstein's update today are the only non-speculative tidbits since this thread started.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Southern Miss transfer Aaron Brown has a Top 5 of BC, Iona, Oregon, USF and FSU, he tells <a href="https://twitter.com/SNYtv">@SNYtv</a></p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/502202994910171137">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey, I have a suggestion. Let's do something different and over analyze this. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm not following why you bolded, underlined and italicized the recruiting expert part

*it was suppose to say 'fake name'

So, he had very little to no experience as a 17 year old when he got hired as an expert by 247, etc.

People make fun of bleacher report because their writers lack of qualifications and think nothing of this?

*it was suppose to say 'fake name'

So, he had very little to no experience as a 17 year old when he got hired as an expert by 247, etc.

People make fun of bleacher report because their writers lack of qualifications and think nothing of this?

No I don't. I've followed him for well over a year and based on his work, I've formed the opinion that he's a reliable source for information.

I find it ironic that nobody used to call him out under the pseudo name Matt Gravett, but now there are some (or at least one) that are skeptical of his work. I suggest you follow him (247, Gopherreport, Twitter). He's doing a pretty good job.

I find it ironic that nobody used to call him out under the pseudo name Matt Gravett, but now there are some (or at least one) that are skeptical of his work. I suggest you follow him (247, Gopherreport, Twitter). He's doing a pretty good job.

I never followed the fake 247 expert Matt Gravett. I am skeptical of the site accepting a 17 year old high school kid that plays soccer, not even basketball as a recruiting insider on 247.

From what I have heard his work is a lot of copycat, stealing takes and real insider information.

Seems like he is trying to skip putting in the years of work and learning and skip forward to Ryan James.

I never followed the fake 247 expert Matt Gravett. I am skeptical of the site accepting a 17 year old high school kid that plays soccer, not even basketball as a recruiting insider on 247.

From what I have heard his work is a lot of copycat, stealing takes and real insider information.

Seems like he is trying to skip putting in the years of work and learning and skip forward to Ryan James.

He's almost 19 now and his work since they hired him makes them look smart. You can't deny information and direct quotes from recruits. His interest in playing soccer has zero correlation to being a basketball insider.

Just voicing my opinion that his work is beyond that of a typical teenager. I was surprised when I found out recently that he just graduated high school. If anything it's commendable and I'll support someone with a common interest and I enjoy reading his info. I'm sure he'll learn a lot along the way and become a bit more polished like Ryan Burns.

Per Jon Rothstein tweet.
"Southern Miss transfer Aaron Brown has committed to Boston College, sources told CBSSports.com.

The 6-5 wing -- who was granted his release last week -- will be eligible immediately next season since he's already graduated, and will likely be the Eagles' starting shooting guard alongside returnee Olivier Hanlan.

Brown, who started his career at Temple, averaged 10.0 points and 4.3 rebounds last season for the Golden Eagles.

BC, which was 8-24 (4-14 in the ACC) last season, will be playing its first year under head coach Jim Christian.
"
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ds-ex-southern-miss-temple-player-aaron-brown

I disagree. But, have fun at his 19th birthday party.

You must never have heard of the phrase "respectfully (dis)agree." I'll continue to follow his interviews with recruits.

Hope Brown does well with BC. He should have lots of opportunity for touches. Not a bad grad school either..

Top Bottom